No transmogging of melee weapons to unequal types

90 Gnome Priest
28/12/2011 10:57Posted by Eléctrica
How is that argument good?

Hunters will not have any weapon to transmogg when the expansion comes, if they cant mogg their ranged weapon. Is that fair?
You still got more diversety regarding the shape of your weapon. There are many more sword/maces/axes/daggers to stumble upon compared to ranged.

But i keep asking myself. What is the real problem here?
Do some of you feel discrimated by class? Or is it a hunter thingie...... XP

Blizz did setup some rules, just like everything else in life does. It aint that hard to follow some rules. Especially if it doenst harm anybody as in this case.

Ps i do not find it fair that you have Cursed Vision of Sargeras and i cant wear it :(
Edited by Acclamare on 28/12/2011 11:21 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Ps i do not find it fair that you have Cursed Vision of Sargeras and i cant wear it :(

Your class isn't meant to in the first place.

Hunters will not have any weapon to transmogg when the expansion comes, if they cant mogg their ranged weapon. Is that fair?

I don't understand, how do hunters not have any weapons to transmog?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Your class isn't meant to in the first place.

I know my class isnt supposed to wear it, as you are not supposed to transmogg daggers into maces etc. So you do get that point XP (or is it only clear in my mind hehe)

I don't understand, how do hunters not have any weapons to transmog?

Let me try to explain.
Atm hunters do have 1h weapons/2h weapons that can be mogged. They also have their ranged weapons that can be mogged atm. BUT as of the MOP expansion those 1h and 2h weapons will disapear for them. Like staffs and offhands will disapear for lets say priests (casters).
So as it seems Blizzard did think ahead and gave them the possebility to mogg their ranged weapons in all kinds so they have something to mogg too when MOP hits. There are not as many ranged weapons to mogg into as there are 1h and 2h weapons, so hunters will have also a chance to choose from a pile of items.

It seems to me as a valid point to take that aproach from Blizz point of view. Although you will always find " angry" people in a crowd, so there will always be people that will complain about their desission......
Edited by Acclamare on 28/12/2011 13:37 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
No its not a valid Point of view.. comon be fair, we lose our ranged weapons too and as of now i can guarantee my options are 10 times smaller than that what a hunter has. So that doesn't really make sense.

And my class can use axes, maces, swords and daggers. So that other argument does not make sense either.

Using your words: How is a hunter supposed to use a gun looking like a bow then?

Yeah, no sense.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I'm pretty sure the biggest reason for being able to Transmog range was alot of Hunters could not stand having to sit there and listen to gun shots. They're extremely obnoxious at times.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Using your words: How is a hunter supposed to use a gun looking like a bow then?

Yeah, no sense.

I do see your point, i saw it all the time reading your topic. How can a gun be a bow..... not ofc, BUT we have to look at the reasoning that Blizzard has regarding mogging guns into bows.

I'm pretty sure the biggest reason for being able to Transmog range was alot of Hunters could not stand having to sit there and listen to gun shots. They're extremely obnoxious at times.

Understandable, but i think that it isn't the only reason. Why? Just because others dislike the animation of certain weapon swings........ so if thats the only reason then i fail to try to understand Blizzard.
(I played a hunter for a long time, so i do understand to point that people get annoyed by the sound over time.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Thats why i, and i imagne a lot of others, want to know why hunters have this and we melees don't..

Would be so easy if a blue just came around to explain it all but apparently that is too much to ask for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
28/12/2011 15:01Posted by Eléctrica
Would be so easy if a blue just came around to explain it all but apparently that is too much to ask for.

Agree, the solution for such a discussion.

Though i do think it has something to do with MOP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
How is that argument good?

You still got more diversety regarding the shape of your weapon. There are many more sword/maces/axes/daggers to stumble upon compared to ranged.

But i keep asking myself. What is the real problem here?
Do some of you feel discrimated by class? Or is it a hunter thingie...... XP

Blizz did setup some rules, just like everything else in life does. It aint that hard to follow some rules. Especially if it doenst harm anybody as in this case.

The main problem for me is as a combat rogue, i don't feel like using a dagger offhand suites me, in wotlk i was weilding 2xaxes/swords/maces and now i'm stuck with a dagger.

Transmog is purely cosmetic so why they have so many limitations on weapon types is beyond me, the fact that they've allowed hunters to change a gun to a bow etc shows that they aren't against the idea of transmoging weapons into different types.
Edited by Kronix on 28/12/2011 15:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
28/12/2011 15:13Posted by Kronix
the fact that they've allowed hunters to change a gun to a bow etc shows that they aren't against the idea of transmoging weapons into different types.

Aye, but the question remains why.......
I believe that they have a solid reason for it and that it is unnecessary to be jaleous about it ones you know the reasoning behind it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I think at the very least axes, swords and maces should be interchangeable as they all share the same animations.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Im not necessary jealous, i just want to know why and why not...

It just doesn't make any sense. Want to buy, explaination.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The "melee have more choices" argument does not hold. We've been having 2-3 bows/guns/xbows per tier equivalent to the axes/maces/swords which has always played havoc on loot tables. Hunters have SO MANY choices that us having maybe 10-20% more would be negligible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm sick of using a dagger offhand, i wish they allowed us to atleast transmog daggers into weapons, even if they no longer count towards being able to mutilate/backstab/ambush.
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Warrior
Did not follow this topic for a few days. But how wonderous it is how people justify their supposed need to transmogg the way they want it to be. And all the jelly about hunter ranged weapons hahahaha

@ Korae, you abvioulsy like medivel weapons etc.
But you are totally wrong in your arguments. Would take to long to counter argument your views on stabbing, bludgeoning etc.
Ever seen a " knight" swing a mace or an axe like he swings his sword? Guess not...., their balance point is totally different from each other.

Swing a mace or axe like he swings a sword? Yes, I have, actually. Was it entirely effective? No. Was it utterly ineffective (as it would be to try to shoot a gun like a bow). No, it wasn't.

Neither maces nor axes are dumb weapons. they require significant skill to use. Different balance points? Yes. True. But so do Scimitars, Katana, Khopesh, Falx, and longsword, and I presume you wouldn'try to claim they weren't all swords.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I think hunters being able to transmog any ranged weapon (minus thrown) into any other type (minus thrown) but melee being excluded from this system is completely unfair. If the excuse is animation difficulties then that holds no water, guns don't shoot like bows. I think transmogrification should be as follows:

One Handed

Daggers ----- That means of any type, mainhand to offhand/onehand etc.
Axes/Maces/Swords ----- Perhaps also Fist Weapons
Fist Weapons ----- Perhaps also Axes/Maces/Swords

Two Handed

Polearms/Staves
Axes/Maces/Swords

This way most people would be happy and it would eliminate most if not all animation problems between weapon types.
Edited by Gotreks on 29/12/2011 16:01 GMT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Warrior
I think hunters being able to transmog any ranged weapon (minus thrown) into any other type (minus thrown) but melee being excluded from this system is completely unfair. If the excuse is animation difficulties then that holds no water, guns don't shoot like bows. I think transmogrification should be as follows:

One Handed

Two Handed

Polearms/Staves
Axes/Maces/Swords

This way most people would be happy and it would eliminate most if not all animation problems between weapon types.

Wouldn't fix the main issue with rogues and their offhands. And that is an issue - blizzard, in pursuit of filling the loot tables with drek, have made rogue offhand choice dagger only. That's not what many people want their rogues to have in their offhands - if they wanted to use daggers, they'd play !@# or sub.

Edit. Ah. I forgot filters. Assasinate.
Edited by Korae on 29/12/2011 23:13 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

One Handed

Two Handed

Polearms/Staves
Axes/Maces/Swords

Most people. Yeah it would atleast be something.

I think mogging daggers into swords or axes/maces shouldn't oppose any issues either though.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Rogue
trying to be funny.

Why can a bow be a gun or crossbow then

Attempting it...
Guns and bows are not differentiated as being anything other than 'ranged weapons' whereas axes,swords and maces are specific weapon types.
please explain to me how a gun, a crossbow and a bows are not specific weapons.
... thats right they are. begone troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]