Is this realm active?

85 Tauren Paladin
Hello there!

I'm new to World of Warcraft so when it comes to me there is much to see and explore on this game you probably love. My name is Matt and I have some questions to ask. Would you help me to get familar with this awardwinning MMO?

Well, the thing is I'm pretty worried about Blade's Edge realm population. For some reason, a random person told me the realm is almost dead - was this person right? I feel stronly that there are tons of players looking for fun, at least, I already met a couple of them (mostly players around level 10). So, is this realm active or dead?

The next question regards to the community. Is there any guild/player able to work with an inexperianced newcomer? I fear old-timers would consider me as a problem so that is why I ask.

That's all about this at the time. If you feel you can help me I shall never forget it. I do hope we will meet in game - one day.

Happy New Year,
Matt
Edited by Hedd on 31/12/2011 03:31 GMT
Reply Quote
88 Undead Death Knight
the realm is not dead, but i think it showed as 'new players' in my client yesterday and on the realm status tool here it says high, which is not the case.
it is however not very lively, so bear in mind that mats can be hard to get at a decent price etc.

yes there is indeed guild for players like you, as long as you want to work on getting better or whatever they might want from you, it should never be any issue.

anyways, welcome if you already moved here
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The next question regards to the community. Is there any guild/player able to work with an inexperianced newcomer? I fear old-timers would consider me as a problem so that is why I ask.

I don't know man, I'd say Blade's Edge has a pretty good community. It's one of the only things the realm has got going for it really oops. I think when it comes to getting help with stuff as a newcomer you just really need to ask someone. If you're polite enough then I'm sure they'll help.

If you do move here and you need some help with something and I'm not busy you're totally welcome to whisper me on either of my characters (Rigby or Applejack)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thanks to both of you for making things clear. I'm level 17 and counting. By the way, I didn't know that World of Warcraft's soundtrack could win my hear. So, here we are. Another reason to stay here.

See you in game.

Yours,
Matt
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Active but not great, wouldn't recommend moving here. Peace
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Matt, you can check the player/char quantities and players' activity ratios for most of the WoW servers here: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php

This resource proves very useful on this matter.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for the tip.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
the good thing about quiet little servers like this one is no freakin hackers stealing matts from under the map or gold sellers constantly spamming trade :). im new to this realm and everyone is really friendly. i like it. peace! :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
02/01/2012 00:11Posted by Kwerty
the good thing about quiet little servers like this one is no freakin hackers stealing matts from under the map or gold sellers constantly spamming trade :). im new to this realm and everyone is really friendly. i like it. peace! :)

Your opinion is noted, friend.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Death Knight
Matt, you can check the player/char quantities and players' activity ratios for most of the WoW servers here: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php

This resource proves very useful on this matter.

i wouldn't count on the data on that site. just take a look on ravencrest, a high populated/full server but it says there's more than 1k less characters on the server. plus the activity ratio isn't correct.
Reply Quote
This realm isn't too bad....

According to WoW Census (www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=817) this real has 9 times the amount of players my old realm did, which is pretty freakin' sweet!
Edited by Kitsúne on 05/01/2012 18:04 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
The first thing you have to do when you join a new realm, is you got to join a good active guld. Blade's Edge a balanced realm (horde and allys are on the same "level") has many active guilds.

I suggest for horde, to try to join SAF, dutchcomp, Valour, Cure II, Vanity or other.
I suggest for allys to join Blade's Edge knights, Saints of Azeroth and others (im horde so idk much about ally guilds).

Welcome to Blade's Edge!!
Reply Quote
38 Blood Elf Warlock
It's not dead it's just some good social fun and permanent friends are like gold dust for some people.

The economy is a bit wonky as I find my fundscan't cover enough to buy those lovely fear, seduction and lash of pain glyphs that would mean everything to my destro / affliction lock.

I find along with a few of my friends both from my ally character Bipsi (yep it's me who's making the story posts because that's my story driven char) and Delicia I find it to have many nice people when you can find them.

i just love the peace, the normal server status, the numbers of people I can understand and the fact that people hate gold sellers report them nice and quickly!

Welcome to Blade's Edge!
Reply Quote
67 Undead Priest
GO AWAY NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN DO NOT !@#$ING COME ON THIS SERVER

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOOOOOOOOOT
Reply Quote
32 Goblin Shaman
This as you can see is the local nut head who just broke out of the local raving wow lunatic asylum. Just stay away from him and you'll be fine!

Anyway Welcome!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]