[A] Weekly Ulduar 25man runs (mount/non-meta achs)

85 Gnome Warrior
I) Table of content:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post 1 and 2 (General information):
I) This table of content.
II) Motivation.
III) Days & Time.
IV) How many runs can you expect?
Va) Requirements.
Vb) Optional requirements.
VI) How do I signed up?
VII) Priority invites.
VIII) 'halp am kick'
IX) Miscellaneous questions.

Post 3 (Ulduar):
I) General group composition.
II) Order of clearing.
III) Looting.
IIIa) General looting.
IIIb) Mimiron's Head.
IIIc) Fragment of Val'anyr & Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings.
IV) Final rewards you get to see by the end of a run.

Post 4:
I) Explanation on the list of attendees.
II) Attendees.

Post 5-9001:
I) People who try to sign up via this.
II) Bumps.
III) Flames.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II) Motivation.
The past months I've been getting more and more requests to start doing these runs again as no one else seems to be crazy enough to actually host them. However, I will only be doing the Ulduar runs again, ICC is permanently discontinued.
The people who have been familiar with my runs can more or less expect the same as last time with a few added twists.

III) Days & Time.
Each Friday with the invites starting at 19:30 and the first pull starting shortly after. Should anything occur that causes the raid to be delayed or canceled, I'll post it in one of the replies with the new date/time along with adjusting it on the calendar.
Each run is estimated to take 2 hours though this may not always be the case.

IV) How many runs can you expect?
A lot. I will be doing these until 2 criteria are met:
1) Mimiron's Head dropping.
2) Finishing the current Val'anyr that is being worked on after said mount drops.

Va) Requirements.

• Being level 85.
  • Competence. Being able to play on an average level is the minimum I expect, this includes learning simplified tactics on the go if you're new to this instance.
  • Being able to stay an entire run (make sure you have several hours freed up, I don't like having to find replacements in the middle of things).

Vb) Optional requirements.

• Being geared on a basic level. It's easier than ever getting your hands on some entry-level PvE epics. Whilst it of course is not needed, it definitely helps making these runs go by smoothly.
  • Voice communications. They're not "needed" as I did the runs before without any usage of them. However, they're real handy in cases where typing extended pieces of text in the middle of fights isn't viable.
    I'll be using Teamspeak3, which is easily found on Google and downloaded.
    It's not mandatory to speak, but if you decide to hop on I expect you to listen.
    Details will be posted in the raid itself, anyone thinking it's funny to "grief" and costing me 3 seconds of alt-tabbing will be met with a swift ban (and kick from the raid if dumb enough to not let someone else outside the raid hop on to do said "griefing").
  • Enjoying this. Even though this all might seem a little strict and intimidating, remember this is all here to help me help you help us all. If you behave and do well I'm sure we'll become the best of buddies. If not you can try your luck with Daliala, he loves everyone tenderly (confirmed to be true in post #8).

VI) How do I signed up?
To sign up for these runs you need to contact either me or anyone else in Fear Nothing, who will refer you to me, by either in-game whispers or in-game mail. The invites are done via the in-game calendar - be sure to actually accept or decline said invite before the raid is forming.

VII) Priority invites.
I'll invite any guild member that wants to come before anyone else gets invited through the calendar. The remaining slots get filled out as I spam the mass-invite button on the calendar around 19:30, it is therefore crucial that you have accepted the calendar invite before this happens. Do not whisper for early invites or anything like that, be patient. Whoever accepts the calendar invites first, and thus lands in group 1-5, get to stay in. If there's any excess of people in the raid (people landing in group 6-8) there'll be asked if someone wants to give up his spot for any of those. If not, the excess of people gets removed and written down to get priority invites in the same way guild members get theirs for the next run.
Edited by Axzor on 11/05/2012 01:39 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
VIII) 'halp am kick'.
If you AFK/Disconnect far too long without word beforehand, you’re getting replaced. Getting booted for reasons other than that means you have screwed up badly, and multiple times at that. I'm generally tolerant when it comes to stuff like this but when the majority of the raid wants your guts; it’s time to switch you out.
In general, if you're competent and thus pull your weight without any trouble, you're more than welcome. Those who got kicked/leave mid-run shouldn't expect any future invites.

IX) Miscellaneous questions (will expand this for any questions asked):

Q: Will you do raid/thingy/whatever X? (not listed in this thread)?
A: For the time being, no.

Q: Would you reconsider doing the Icecrown runs?
A: No.

Q: Could you change the day (for a limited time)? As I can never make it on a Friday
A: There are no current plans to change day, though there may be a special case or two in which I’ll make notion of beforehand.

Q: You're busy/afk/inactive all the time! Wat do?
A: Yes, it more often than not happens that I won't be able to reply to you immediately. Feel to send an in-game mail if that occurs to which I will always reply unless you're on the ignore list of course. (Note: I'm using the add-on IgnoreMore as the 50 people cap is just dire. It won't reply with the standard system message if you're ignored by me, which I can safely say you deserved.)

Q: Can I bring my alt/friend/grandma?
A: I can absolutely understand people would want the drake on multiple characters. Provided they're meeting the requirements and you pass on the name of the main to prevent clutter on the attendees list. Friends and grandmas can be brought as well as long as they meet the requirements and get themselves listed on the calendar before the invites.

Q: Can we do non-mount achievements? (Updated)
A: Due to large cross-realm demand I will be alternating between meta and non-meta achievement runs each week. Means one run is purely for the drake, the other will be for achievements we don't get during the drake runs.
Edited by Axzor on 15/03/2012 10:34 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Ulduar:

I) General group composition.
I'll be taking a second 'tank' (fury and slapping a shield on would be enough) other than me.
As for healing, around 3 should be more than enough. Dual specs for flexibility is much appreciated. In general overstocking on healers or tanks isn't an issue but .

II) Order of clearing.
What you’re looking at will be Flame Leviathan (Orbit-uary) > Razorscale (Iron Dwarf Medium Rare) > Ignis the Furnace Master(Stokin’ the Furnace) > XT-002 Deconstructor (Heartbreaker) > Iron Council (I Choose You, Steelbreaker) > Kologarn (Disarmed) > Hodir (I Could Say This Cache Was Rare) > Thorim (Lose Your Illusion) > Freya (Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood) > Mimiron (Firefighter) > General Vezax (I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning) > Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Darkness) > Algalon (Observed). I expect everyone to stay from the start until Algalon is dead.
During the non-meta achievements run it'll be the same order of bosses but with different achievements in most cases.

III) Looting.
IIIa) General looting.
Treshold will be set on Epic so the Runed Orbs will be lootable by whoever has his turn on looting the corpse. Epic items will be randomly assigned on a 1-25 roll, this is to keep the pace up in the runs.
I am fully aware people want stuff for transmogrification but that’s what the 2 hour trade timer is invented for. People will mostly receive junk that doesn’t apply to them and I’m sure they’ll be able to trade it with you if you ask them kindly.
The quest-item used for the discontinued Algalon key is not reserved and will follow the same 1-25 random roll.

Profession-related recipes will be normally rolled for by those who have said profession on a sufficient skill. Upon winning I'll be asking the winner to link his profession to prove he can learn it on the spot. No "can haz 4 alt plx meight?". It will be raidrolled if no one needs it directly.

IIIb) Mimiron's Head.
Should this item drop, it will be going to me as my very own special reward for actually taking the time to bother with these runs. End of discussion.
Should a second drop, it will be rolled for with the attendees getting a roll bonus depending on their 'score'.

IIIc) Fragment of Val'anyr & Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings.
Val'anyr is being based on attendance now that there's a large influx of cross-realm players. The list currently is on the last page of replies, the one you see down below was for the first one when it was being sold. The list on the front page will be updated when said mace is done.
This means the Fragments are reserved in the runs themselves, you should not expect to be able to acquire them outside of being the one on the list.

IV) Final rewards you get to see by the end of a typical (drake)run.
- Randomly assigned garbage to be traded with others or used by you for transmogrification and whatnot.
- One (1) Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake. (If drakerun)
- Harder to get achievements.
Edited by Axzor on 23/06/2012 13:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I) Explanation on the list of attendees.
The list of attendees is a list of people who have joined my runs through the calendar or openraid and got awarded points for attending full runs and performing well. People will get 5 points at the end of a run, minus whatever penalty they got themselves. This includes but is not limited to getting mindcontrolled on Yogg-Saron, looting the damn chest and accepting a calendar invite but not showing up on time without word. People joining in the middle of a run to replace someone else are still eligible for he full amount of points.
These points will be reset after this Val'anyr is completed.

These points will be used for two things: being next in line for Val'anyr and rolls on a second Mimiron's Head.

Subsequent mount drops.
Should Mimiron's Head drop again after the first one, it will be rolled for by the raid with a roll bonus equal to the points on the attendees list. This is to heighten the chances someone who actually had the decency to stay for these runs and thus has an advantage over someone who sees it on his lucky first kill.

II) Attendees.

Player / Points
Adonix/5
Astrophone/10
Axzor/20
Barrier/5
Bergum/5
Blayzereborn/5
Blaze/5
Bloodfeud/5
Borgrage/5
Bornhald/5
Cen/10
Chilaili/5
Chorogu/5
Connavar/5
Dakjo/5
Danxrule/5
Darksaint/5
Destiny/5
Dragonwulff/5
Duran/5
Elonai/5
Ethmorgar/5
Flekpul/5
Fusion/5
Grgry/5
Huldo/5
Janela/5
Jopz/5
Kahmoot/15
Kalogrionas/5
Kelilah/5
Kyllian/5
Laorii/5
Lizzykenzie/5
Lorian/5
Maksym/5
Maledictum/15
Marjhun/5
Mehu/5
Mmatt/5
Moglim/5
Moydias/5
Naminè/5
Nefertity/5
Nostradam/5
Revenge/10
Rymdjärpe/5
Saxodane/5
Shamanus/5
Shammes/5
Sidra/5
Skosnöret/5
Snailmanator/5
Stikoo/5
Swiftmendy/10
Tagbear/5
Tibit/10
Tóma/5
Zexer/5
Edited by Axzor on 21/07/2012 00:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Bumpitty-bump, thread fully done.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
WTB [A Treatise on Strategy]
Reply Quote
Plz faction change. Horde needs moar uld25.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Shaman
Axzor I am disappoint.

Not even raid rolling 25k for the head? Btw is that the only reason you're doing this or what.

Edit: And yes, I do love everyone tenderly, thanks for pointing that out Axzor.
Edited by Delrabie on 04/01/2012 23:08 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Fixed some loopholes concerning calendar invites and such.

02/01/2012 18:20Posted by Meredyth
WTB [A Treatise on Strategy]

Already can haz.

04/01/2012 23:04Posted by Delrabie
Not even raid rolling 25k for the head? Btw is that the only reason you're doing this or what.

That already gets paid through me giving up any splits on the val'anyrs, with the gold going to people who deserve it as an added bonus. And yes, only reason on my part is doing it for that mount.
Edited by Axzor on 11/01/2012 15:36 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Up we go!

Edit: I actually got asked a damn well question; what happens to the recipes for professions? Those will be on a roll and I'll ask the winner to link his profession to prove he can learn it on the spot. (Editing this in the main post as well.)
Edited by Axzor on 06/01/2012 14:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
First batch takes wing. Raid went smooth except Razorscale in combination with certain aoe proc trinkets + that stupid dagger from Deathwing with the proc.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Added a question regarding the non-mount achievements.

Had several questions regarding t11 mountruns, I'm going to look into that possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
T11 is hard Axzor! Don't even try it!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
No dad, not another storm drake!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
And once again the sky darkens with a new batch of Batdrakes being released.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Bat + Drake = Batdrake!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
That's right! The only mount the goddamn Batman would use in this game.
Edited by Axzor on 16/01/2012 16:26 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Aaaaaaaand the bidwars on the next mace have started, 25k being the current leading bid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]