What happened to Ashenvale?

85 Night Elf Hunter
Another Malfurion-only post.. sry :P

Why Malfurion's neutrality towards the Horde won't last long:

1) They killed his mentor and teacher, the demi-god Cenarius.
2) Have been recklessly cutting down Ashenvale.
3) Deprived his people of their homeland.
4) The Forsaken killed sleeping Druids in southern Ashenvale.
5) Garrosh destroyed any remains of a peace-loving Horde that Malfurion could be at peace with.
6) Hes a Night Elf who's very race happens to be opposed to Horde.
Edited by Talyst on 07/01/2012 18:19 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This thread is going way off course. It became a Malfurion-bashing thread, lets put it back on track.
Malfurion could also start firing magical rainbows of everlasting peace from his backside aswell which is just as likely to happen as him siding with the Alliance.

I disagree. A man who has the title of Archdruid of the Night Elves and let us not forget, saved the Kaldorei for the Burning Legion (this hasn't been taken in consideration in this thread) cannot be neutral with his people's enemies. Since he returned in Cataclysm, I believe that when this famed patch will be released, the neutrality will be broken. And I dont see any reason for this not to happen. Now, if you wish to, keep making comments on Malfurion but at least comment about the situation in Ashenvale too.

I did comment on Ashenvale, the Night Elves basically won and undid all the damage the Horde and Deathwing caused during the Cataclysm with no help from their so called allies.

Malfurion isn't the Archdruid of the Night Elves he's the Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle and the Circle has no political power in Night Elf society.
Tyrande saved the Night Elves from the Legion as did Illidan, Jarod, Maiev, etc, etc ,etc.
And Malfurion was neutral to his peoples and homelands enemies in WC:3 the Horde and Alliance, and he's still neutral to them now.

I believe when this "famed" patch is released all the Alliance races are going to go head over heels for Varian for no apparent reason and completely forget about their true leaders, so there is no point for Maltoolion to side with the Alliance when he's not going to be needed nor even the Night Elves true leader.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
This is ridiculous!, All you said has no faint trace of truth! Check the WoWWiki page:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Malfurion_Stormrage
He is the Archdruid of the Night Elves and their co-leader, it's a well-known fact! One of this titles is 'Lord of the Night Elves'! It was through Malfurion's guidance, that the Kaldorei managed to successfully halt the Burning Legion's first invasion of Azeroth during the War of the Ancients.
It's well known lore! Saying he had no part in any of this is merely ridiculous and a denial of facts. Either with the release of this 'Varian patch', or with the evolving of Ashenvale's situation, he will not remain neutral! It just doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
Malfurion was neutral in WC3, but he is just another neutral hero that is part of a long list that merely exists to cater the Horde playerbase (don't fret, that includes me). The root cause lies in the WC games themselves in which the Alliance are basically the good guys and Horde (apart from Thrall's noble goals and tauren ideology) are the bad guys. When the world is in danger it is harder to create some Horde heroes who are there to save the world. They've tried it with Thrall.

Even Cenarius is neutral now. And tauren druids probably only exist for gameplay mechanics. Paladins and shamans were originally faction-only, while druids (the 3th hybrid) were for both factions. If there would be no tauren druids, we probably wouldn't have this spineless, one-dimensional, and boring faction called the Cenarion Circle.

I don't really fancy to see Malfurion again, let him sleep, or die (good reason to bring Tyrande in the GAME). I don't like this predictable druidic, somehow ''flawless'' approach. What I want in game is a quest where I assist Tyrande against the orcs.

I want less druids, and more sentinels and self-righteous priestesses.
Edited by Sinth on 07/01/2012 15:39 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I don't really fancy to see Malfurion again, let him sleep.

He already has awoken ever since Cata...
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
07/01/2012 15:40Posted by Talyst
I don't really fancy to see Malfurion again, let him sleep.

He already has awoken ever since Cata...
Let him sleep again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
07/01/2012 15:26Posted by Talyst
He is the Archdruid of the Night Elves and their co-leader, it's a well-known fact!

I fail to see how it makes sense having a neutral character co-leading a faction within the Alliance.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Warrior
05/01/2012 20:48Posted by Tedex
Ashenvale, will probably be in an even worse state due to theramore falling.

I would disagree.

Think about it. Theramore was the star of southern kalimador for the alliance. It held a supply line for Northwatch hold, Fort Triumph, and Honor's stand. Their intention was to help the nelves at ashenvale.

When did Night Elves ever -rely- on human aid to stand up for themselves? I don't recall Theramore having distinctively supported the Night Elves either.

Now once Theramore falls, the supply line goes with it. The alliance in SK (Southern Kalimador) will fall due to the lack of reinforcements. Therefore the nelves will gain no help from Jaina anymore.

I repeat, when did they ever?

That's not all. Once Theramore falls, Baine can open his gate again, and since Honor's stand will fall, they can march into ashenvale and help the Orcs. The Night elves will be pushed back into Darkshore, due to the combined might of Zrom'gar's Strand, mastary's (?) post, and the orcs above Astrannar, which will also fall due to the help of the Taurnes.

Nonsense.

1) The attack on Ashenvale in Cataclysm was a desperate Blitz, one that wasn't able to hold. That's at least what I am told to believe, that things look more dire in-game than they actually are.
2) Night Elves are masters of guerilla warfare. Hide and lay in ambush, shoot from the dark, hide again. Ashenvale is a region which lends itself PERFECTLY to that kind of warfare. The fact the Horde managed to so easy push so far into Ashenvale, on its own, is already ridiculous.
3) You seem quite quick to list the Horde's list of allies to come and aid them, but, just like Blizzard for the record, you seem to easily neglect the existance of Night Elf allies (and I'm not talking about other alliance races).

Cataclysm does a consistant job at depicting Night Elves as completely inept in the fields of tactics and combat skill, and as far as I'm concerned that has more to do with the stupidity of story and quest writers than the Night Elves themselves. Night Elves seem to serve as little more than anatagonists for the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is ridiculous!, All you said has no faint trace of truth! Check the WoWWiki page:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Malfurion_Stormrage

Use Wowpedia its more up to date than Wowwiki, most of the info on there is from the RPG books which are no longer apart of the lore.
He is the Archdruid of the Night Elves and their co-leader, it's a well-known fact!

He's their co-leader because Tyrande allows him to be, thats also a well known fact. He may very well be an Archdruid of the Night Elves but his occupation is Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle.

One of this titles is 'Lord of the Night Elves'!

Source on that please. WoWwiki/pedia isn't a source. Night Elves don't use such titles either and haven't since the days of the Highborne.

It was through Malfurion's guidance, that the Kaldorei managed to successfully halt the Burning Legion's first invasion of Azeroth during the War of the Ancients.

It was through Tyrande's, Illidan's Malfurion's, Maiev's, Jarod's, Cenarius', etc, etc, etc guidance that the Night Elves prevailed.

It's well known lore! Saying he had no part in any of this is merely ridiculous and a denial of facts.

I have nowhere in this thread said Malfurion didn't help in the WotA.

Either with the release of this 'Varian patch', or with the evolving of Ashenvale's situation, he will not remain neutral! It just doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense for him to remain neutral, he has even admitted himself that he feels more akin to nature than his own people. And nature doesn't pick sides.
Edited by Astarielle on 07/01/2012 19:07 GMT
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Warrior
07/01/2012 19:04Posted by Astarielle
It makes perfect sense for him to remain neutral, he has even admitted himself that he feels more akin to nature than his own people. And nature doesn't pick sides.

Hence why he shouldn't be considered a leader of the night elves.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Let's talk about Ashenvale now please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]