Are the Legendary daggers abit, unlegendary?

100 Goblin Rogue
Was thinking about this today.

Look at previous legendaries (were talking about Cata\Wotlk) ones, the staff from Firelands as an example - at the end of it all you get a huge ceremony in the middle of your main factions city, it serves as a mount as well.
Frostmourne, you get a cache filled with very rare vanity items that are unabtainable in any other way.

Now lets look at the daggers we are getting now, and i do want to point out that this isnt a complaint - im very happy rogues are getting a legendary and im absolutely looking forward to having them, now back to the matter in hand - as far as i can see the quest ends in a very personal way , no ceremony, no vanity pet that your guild can buy thanks to it, no vanity items you can hand out to the guild that helped you obtain these legendary items - the only thing we could really show off with is a pair of wings that we can use, which is cool but as far as i can think of - fairly useless.

I might have my facts wrong , im just going by what i've read - i might have missed something and again this is not an "OMFG WHY I NO HAZ CEREMONY" QQ thread, just something i've thought about today and wondered what other people think of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't see the point of having vanity stuff with the legendary. It should just be simple overpowered items which are hard to obtain.

Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
25/12/2011 15:14Posted by Clare
I don't see the point of having vanity stuff with the legendary. It should just be simple overpowered items which are hard to obtain.

how about a way of thanking the guild that helped you gain those items? ofcourse you'll have the selfish people that would see it as an oppurtunity to gain some gold - but i for one would give all the items to be handed out to raiders that hepled me on my way.
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Rogue
I'm fairly sure I won't get past the first stage daggers, but I liked the quests very much. I don't know what the rest of the chain is about, but I think the atmosphere is quite "roguish" and I'd definitely prefer this over a ceremony with dragons over Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

About the epicness of the weapons themselves, I have no complaints either. Besides their great stats I think legendary weapons should have a special proc probably with a visual effect that makes them special. These have that, plus a funny (and also appropriate) "on use" effect.

As for the guild that obtains them, legendary weapons are already becoming a guild achievement, so I don't think they should have much more than that. You may feel a bit "left out" when you help someone get a legendary weapon that does not really reflect in any way on your own char, but sometimes playing with other people is just about playing with other people. You know you helped a friend, and that should be enough :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
SOD
I feel the same way as Royram.

If I look at previous legendary's like Shadowmourne, and Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest it feels like the Fangs of the father are a bit simple.

No special attention like a ceremony, no satchel with a mount/tabard/goodies, no guild avaible pet or what so ever.

Especially for 10player raiders, who can use the daggers in legendary state for like 8-10weeks and replace it with a pandarian greenie? A special slow-fall effect for out of combat moments, thats so good for rogue's who can jump off mountains and survive...

Aka after few weeks of epic dps, there going to hit the bank and will never touch them again.
Hope for some changes in 4.3.2, and no I am not mad but happy with the daggers but expected just abit more from the reward.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/01/2012 18:13Posted by Lúckystrike
No special attention like a ceremony, no satchel with a mount/tabard/goodies, no guild avaible pet or what so ever.

You're a rogue, you shouldn't 'attract' attention. You should conceal yourself the shadows.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/01/2012 18:13Posted by Lúckystrike
A special slow-fall effect for out of combat moments, thats so good for rogue's who can jump off mountains and survive...

The slow fall is only for out of combat?

I never thought these daggers could get any worse:) But here it is:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
No one did yet the last part of the q, so there might still be changes, that Chromatic Dragon can still be a guild reward for the legendary daggers, and well, Shadowmourne is old expansion, and as for the staff, they get to become mounts, we got 5 min CD wings so . . . not much of a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
SOD
05/01/2012 18:31Posted by Ketter

You're a rogue, you shouldn't 'attract' attention. You should conceal yourself the shadows.

Yeah its allway nice to conceal myself in the shadows with shoulders that give more light then an upcomming sun. And did I mention my landslide daggers I like to calll lightsabers?

05/01/2012 18:58Posted by Gediminas
A special slow-fall effect for out of combat moments, thats so good for rogue's who can jump off mountains and survive...

The slow fall is only for out of combat?

I never thought these daggers could get any worse:) But here it is:)

Im sorry, the slowfall can be used in combat asswell.
But I dont see myself als a PVE rogue going to Ragnaros again to take the traps with it, or to jump of buildings in orgrimmar like a circus monkey.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

I thought something like this... The quest chains sounds like dirty back-door jobs, and is rewarded as such!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Until I read:

Then I realised that it is quite true, there should be no huge ceremony. But maybe your faction leader appears to be told, and he/she's like "Aw sweet, now you can pwn DW!"

But it would make sense for it to be a quiet affair, without huge dragons circling around pointing out all the stuff you did.

And again, there isn't an incentive to give vanity items. As soon as Blizzard give them out more than once, someone will start thinking they have to forever, and complain when they don't (even if you're not, someone will start whining if they don't get bonuses ;) ).
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Take in mind that both Shadowmourne and the staff served for many classes, hence the variety of prizes involved, because they could go to many classes.

Imagine the endless qq if we had a mount just for us or anything we could sell for 999.999g :)

Im ok with the wings, it's enough :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I love how someone said that 10 man raiding rogues gets to use the daggers for a few weeks before their replaced with pandarian greenies, Did you just pull those numbers out of your !@#$ for the sake of whining?, really. we're what , a year away from MoP, roughly, and lets calc shall we?

say you started asap
its been out for a few weeks
each boss drops 3-9, i'm getting about 35-40 per run
you neeed 333, say you get 6 per boss on av, 8 bosses
8x6 = 48/333 PER week, on av, some more, some less
once you get that, you need 60 clusters, 1 per boss on normal at least
thats 60 boss kills, 8 bosses a week, 7,5 weeks for the last part, thats not even 2 months from part 2-3

Conclussion, if you started when DS came and your guild is clearing DS, we're seeing that you on av. would get it , ontop of my head within 5 months even if your unlucky with clusters and we're 11~13 months away from MoP?. even before you get the 3'rd stage, first and 2nd stages are VERY nice and even after all of this, i doubt you'll replace the legendaries with quest greens from MoP, considering procs and stats and enchants.
- Be thankfull we're finally getting some nice weapons designed for us, for ALL specs, for sure combat gets more out of it due to restless blades but nonetheless, Thankfull for what you get and not moaning for what you are not getting.
~ Kazom.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The daggers are a joke, i can't understand why people don't realise that.
They have absolutely no value for a progression guild.

Who cares how long it takes someone to get them, they're pretty orange potato pealers for the people that bother getting them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
So is everything else in wow, a GAME you know, mounts, pets, achievements, at the end of the day, they do nothing for you in real life, obviously, neither does these daggers, expecting anything else Caelis, sounds a bit...wierd, their a nice addition to the game, nothing more, nothing less

~ Kazom.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
What the....i don't even....cheers.

Do you always reply with useless, random and out of context answers?

I'm very well aware that mounts don't affect me in real life, or that wow is a game.

Yet we all try to get said items to better us in this game, my point is that the daggers have no value, the daggers are not used for progression, they won't be used for the next tier, the stacking agi or proc has little to no use in pvp.
Edited by Caelis on 06/01/2012 18:17 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Wait..what?, the proc or agi stack has no place in pvp?, bad forum troll is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
the proc, couldn't care less about agi stack. No big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Im sorry, the slowfall can be used in combat asswell.
But I dont see myself als a PVE rogue going to Ragnaros again to take the traps with it, or to jump of buildings in orgrimmar like a circus monkey.

Oh, that's better then. But I hate the 5 min CD still:) So unlegendary.
Edited by Gediminas on 11/01/2012 18:39 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
no value for a progression guild.

If you're a rogue that sucks yes. but if you can play rogue correctly then they will prove as a dps increase thus raising the DPS of your entire guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]