[Blood Elf RP] The Office of Allegiance.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
"Please...I have a wife...a child."
"Of course you do, Mister Dawnstar. I am loathe to keep you from them, but you understand why we have been forced to undertake these measures, hmm?"

Silence for a moment, here; save the infernal dripping of icy water from the broken man's sodden form.

"I told you, I don't know anything about any Firewings. I make arrows, that's all I do."
"Ah, but who do these arrows go to, Mister Dawnstar? Are these the arrows that continue to harangue the Scryer's men in Terokkar? Come now, this can all be over much quicker. Simply tell me where we can find these Firewing radicals and I will have you warm, dry and back at home by dawn."
"I told you! I don't know what you're talking about!"

Denial always comes first. This was inevitable, and nothing ever came of it. The Hound knew this game, knew all its stages. She had brought the correct shoes for this little dance; whereas the man in front of her stood barefoot and shivering in the frost-clouded water.
Next came anger.

"...tell me again about your wife and child, Mister Dawnstar."
"If you do anything to them so help me I'll -" The poor man bit down, gritting his teeth, swallowing his words. He knew that no shouts would escape this chamber. His eyes flashed anger and fel-fire; the creak of teeth soft in the chamber.

The Hound ran a single taloned finger along the hardwood of the desk, peering at the freezing man curiously. Strong, for a fletcher. He had no incriminating tattoos, no hidden signet. All of this was on the word of an informant, who was now stood in the corner, watching the ordeal. His masked face couldn't hide his concern. If all this came to naught, he knew well who would be next in front of the tribunal.

"What...what do I have to do? So you'll leave my wife and little girl out of this..." Bargaining. It was then that The Hound knew she had broken the man. All that remained was too ensure he, too, knew he was broken.

"It is too late, Dawnstar. You know they must be involved. The leader of those Firewing rebels you so graciously supplied has ensured that they, too, will find their way here. Ironic, really, since he murdered my own child..."

"Auralis murdered your child?" Dawnstar's eyes were wide, here; shocked. The Hound merely sipped at her water, still peering at the man; waiting for his own horror to complete her task. Only when the realisation sank in, and the last sparks of hope drained from the man's eyes, did The Hound finally stand.

"You...you never said his name..."
"Nor did I ever marry, Mister Dawnstar. I apologise for deceiving you. Now, where are they hiding?"

One heartbeat. Two heartbeats. Three heartbeats...

"...South, they're heading South...please, I just wanted to do what was best for my family."
"Of course, Mister Dawnstar. If it brings you any solace, you did."

The man was still weeping as he was dragged from the chambers. Depression. The Hound gave her orders, quick and discreet. Soon men with swords would be marching on sleeping camps of Elves still loyal to a dead prince. Such was necessary and right, such was the way of the High Kingdom.

She spared a thought for Dawnstar. Up above her, the chanting of the Magisters had begun, the process of 're-orientation'. Soon Dawnstar would be back out on the streets, happy, healthy and only a little more quiet and distant. His family would worry, but would say nothing.

Acceptance.

Such was necessary and right. Such was the way of the High Kingdom.
Edited by Terrestra on 28/12/2011 12:38 GMT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
OOC

The Office of Allegiance has been Founded!

Filling what I believe to be a much-needed position in Silvemoon's infrastructure, the Office of Allegiance is intended to serve, in broad terms, the role of the totalitarian, horrific and domineering roles of the propagandists, secret police and enforcers of the regime in Quel'Thalas. They are the informants that rat out traitors, the jackbooted 'officers' that drag them from their homes at night, the delicate and brutal interrogators and investigators that scratch up any evidence of incorrect thought; and the soulless arcanists that 're-orient' those that stir up unrest in the High Kingdom.

Whether they serve as hero or villain is a matter of perspective, but they ultimately serve the Spire: Working through shadows and subtlety to quel dissent and unrest.

Though, of course, any criminal creates unrest and should be 'cleansed', the concern of the Office is not the chasing up of every pickpocket, mugger and master assassin plying their trade in the city. Instead, it is to create a general sense of unease and niggling fear within the kingdom. Magisters may find themselves called to clandestine 'meetings' to question their motivations as easily as spies-for-hire find themselves quickly overwhelmed and dragged to an interrogation.

We do, however, insist on all roleplay being thoroughly and absolutely consensual. We will never kidnap, re-orient or torture a character without their player's absolute consent. Of course, we encourage accepting reasonable consequences to their actions. If you go around shouting about how Kael'Thas was right all along, then expect us to pull you in for a quiet 'word'. Don't want to play along? That's fine, but you will have to ask yourself why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, The Office of Allegiance is operational! We're just entering stage two of the project, and we are looking for between three and five 'Magister' roleplayers of sufficient activity to serve as the overseeing Magisterial council!
Please feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them in this thread!
Edited by Terrestra on 12/01/2012 14:33 GMT
90 Blood Elf Warrior
This is brilliant! I definately support this idea, since I feel that the totalitarian side of Elven society isn't RPed nearly enough as it should be.

If you need someone to RP this with/make plotlines with, I'd be most definately interested, as a few of my characters (and a few of my partner's characters) are former members of a resistance order formed after the Third War in response to the totalitarian ways of Thalassian government. But these order members are still around, plotting in the dark and whatnot. :D

A very excellent idea.
85 Human Hunter
Great idea. Might roll a belf and level him up in this guild. Expect a /w.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Consider my interest piqued... I'll try and track you down for a chat in-game.
Had a lovely chat with Terrestra this evening, have joined the guild and heartily recommend that others do the same.

As I've said previously this evening and will say again, there really isn't enough Orwellian oppression groups in the roleplaying world and Silvermoon's own Ministry of Love is filling that void.

The Office of Allegiance is watching you.
82 Draenei Priest
28/12/2011 00:00Posted by Terrestra
They are the informants that rat out traitors, the jackbooted 'officers' that drag them from their homes at night, the delicate and brutal interrogators and investigators that scratch up any evidence of incorrect thought; and the soulless arcanists that 're-orient' those that stir up unrest in the High Kingdom.

I thought this was a praise thread to the Sanguine Eye at first, considering you describe their qualities/actions. Still, a little competition never hurt I guess. Good luck with the guild!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
*Anastre grits her teeth in anger*

"This..this will not stand! How dare you interfere with our progress on the path to true redemption, the Light! And even worshipping the demon friend Prince. I will personally see this murdering and villainous bunch outlawed!"

--
OOC: Very cool idea! However, keep in mind that the lore has moved forward a bit since the end of The Burning Crusade though not ingame. Worship of the Light is generally accepted by now (see Shattered Sun Offensive and Lady Liandrin's tale) and Fel worship isn't what it used to be. As such, 'felhounds' wouldn't be as accepted as they would during Kael'thas' days.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do this though, personally I think its a great idea that will add a lot of flavour around Quel'thalas. Just keep in mind that Prince Kael'thas is now generally seen as a traitor, villain and demon friend. Not that many men and women would still be loyal to his legacy now that he's dead. So expect some fierce opposition!
Edited by Anastre on 28/12/2011 09:48 GMT
85 Worgen Warrior
Anastre, just pointing it out, but I think the rebels in the example described in the first post, were loyal to Kael'thas and being rooted out by this office. I.e. they're most certainly not Kael'thas loyalists by the looks of it.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Good luck with this, I do really hope this does not end as it did the last 2-3 times people tried it.

In a LOT of drama ._.

Edit: Oh and the ones who said there is not enough opression. I completly agree but I also have learned the very hard way that such does not work. Most roleplayers simply do not care much for that aspect of Silvermoon sadly. But like said at the start I do really, really hope this does work better then the attempts from before.
Edited by Serethia on 28/12/2011 12:00 GMT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
28/12/2011 09:47Posted by Anastre
keep in mind that the lore has moved forward a bit since the end of The Burning Crusade though not ingame.

Of course, and I'm more than happy to have little voices on the outside of my head urging caution, too. As our charming furry compatriot pointed out, loyalty to Kael'thas is treason. As is loyalty to the Alliance, attempts to undermine the Magisterium, attempts to undermine the military, attempts to undermine the City Guard, publicly expressing disdain for any of the above (or the office of allegiance), necromancy, wearing white after labor day; and a whole gamut of other 'infractions'.

We're also looking at 'server lore', to fill the Gaps in the world that Blizzard have rather recklessly neglected to fill. This, obviously, will require communication with other guilds. Something I welcome.

Good luck with this, I do really hope this does not end as it did the last 2-3 times people tried it.

In a LOT of drama ._.

Yes, I saw some of that...hopefully we can learn from it, rather than simply scratch an otherwise good idea off as irredeemable.

28/12/2011 09:15Posted by Valandaan
I thought this was a praise thread to the Sanguine Eye at first, considering you describe their qualities/actions. Still, a little competition never hurt I guess. Good luck with the guild!

With the utmost of respect to the Sanguine Eye (wow, that sounds sarcastic, it's really not; Talenthiel is a brilliant GM, and the Eye full of amazing roleplayers); I always saw the Eye as 'promoting Elven dominion' rather than traitor-hunting. Overlaps, of course; but this is definately worth looking closer at, thanks for the heads up. Talenthiel, if you read this; I'll grab you for a quick chat next time I get the chance.

OOC, of course...I won't be having you lifted off the streets to answer accusations of treason.

Yet.
62 Blood Elf Rogue
I really really want to be a part of it but it doesn't fit with my character.

I might contact you in game to try and sort this out, get some rp from it.

It looks too good to miss out on.
100 Human Warlock
Well, simply put "This sounds marvelous" ... I am currently wondering whether or not I should make a Blood elf for this... maybe a Paladin, Hrm - But still Excellent way to open it, the only short story thing that didn't bore me mid-way through and just scroll to the bottom, top-notch.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Much like Ahiruna, I would very much like to be a part of this. The totalitarian side of Silvermoon isn't roleplayed nearly enough and this looks simply magnificent. Expect me to contact you in game.
85 Undead Warrior
Finally an organisation my Elf here can fear instead of having to be afraid of non existing people so to speak.

Hmm might even consider letting you lot 'use' Lya for some 'adjusting'.

Will contact you one of these days in game.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
28/12/2011 12:31Posted by Terrestra
Talenthiel, if you read this; I'll grab you for a quick chat next time I get the chance.

In regards to that you'll be waiting around a week I'm afraid.

A thumbs up from me though, looks good!
85 Blood Elf Warlock
A very interesting idea - I hope for some RP interaction in Silvermoon (hopefully under more pleasant circumstances opposed to knocking Verane's servants unconscious, and dragging her from her bed in the middle of the night...)!
90 Troll Hunter
I certainly hope you'll rise above the baddery of the bazaar and provide the BElf community with another solid guild-choice.

85 Worgen Warlock
Very intriguing. Should this succeed, it'll be great to see one of the darker aspects of blood elven roleplay making a return. Far too many elven roleplayers seem to overlook the fact that Quel'thalas is a police state.
73 Blood Elf Paladin

Fantastic. Just what I've been looking for!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]