Are Addons Allowed?

85 Human Hunter
So i've thought alot about this. are addons allowed or not?
edit: What's a ''Bump''? i see it alot on forums
Edited by Flabb on 23/12/2011 19:04 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
Yes they are allowed. Providing they are addons and not third party applications that run alongside wow, they are perfectly fine.

(i.e. WoWInterface.com Curse.com etc are all good)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Threads are sorted on the forum by date and time of last post starting with the most recent.

Adding a new post to an existing thread that's at the bottom of the page effectively bumps it to the top. Some people just say bump to do this so their thread goes to the top, however this does not get it answered quicker as Blizzard go by thread creation date and answer in order earliest first.

Bumping is against the forum rules and should be avoided where possible.

Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Greetings Flabb,

As Shammoz has already explained, while we don’t specifically support or recommend the use of in-game add-ons (in fact, when it comes to reducing in-game issues and UI related corruption, I’d almost actively recommend against them!), there’s certainly nothing wrong with making use of legitimate add-ons to enhance your gameplay if you so choose.

Any add-ons are obviously downloaded and used in-game at your own risk, but if you ensure you’re using well respected sites and keep them up to date then you should hopefully only ever experience disruption or issues following on from major content patches or similar (and you should be prepared to potentially remove or disable them at such times!). :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]