Graphics in wow

88 Night Elf Druid
Hello, I think World of Warcraft requires a new Engine to bring players back and make the game better. Since many players play Skyrim cuz of the good graphic WoW loose players, World of Warcraft should be much better just because there are more stuff to do and you can play ONLINE!!! How awesome wouldn't that be? I don't know if you agree with me, but I think Blizzard would do a higher graphic settings. To bring players back from Skyrim. Sure, Skyrim is a good game. But WoW would be much better if they upgrade the Graphics! :) I have spoke with a GM and he totally agree with me. If you don't belive me, suit yourself. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I also agree that gaining a million dollar would be beneficial to me, that doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

The Graphics engine is constantly maintained and updated, while the game may not look as good as Skyrim, it also needs other considerations taken into account that games like Skyrim can ignore.

Simply put, Blizzard will upgrade the game engine as is nessecary, though you're welcome to suggest it changed on the general gameplay forums.
Reply Quote
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
I think WoW looks just fine. You are also being selfish if you forget the reason WoW has low graphics - for those with lower spec PCs.

Also graphics don't make a good game.
Edited by Amarielle on 03/01/2012 16:33 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
if they make an MMO with gfx like skyrim , you will get one laggy game , WoW runs fluid and you can't put killer gfx in a game that is so big with lots of players playing and lots of mobs playing at the same time.

Also WoW on ultra doesn't look that bad, especialy newer content looks good on ultra:p
Reply Quote
New race for the Horde: Mudcrabs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Why would anyone play a game only for the graphics? Besides, updating the graphics would cause a lot of issues. Right now you could play WoW with a pancake, meaning that it's really accessible. Improve the graphics and some people won't be able to play anymore. WoW's graphics are fine and once they update the models a bit it'll be even better. WoW has a cartoony style that doesn't get outdated easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The Graphics is great .
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think WoW looks just fine. You are also being selfish if you forget the reason WoW has low graphics - for those with lower spec PCs.

^This.

And yes, the graphics in Skyrim looks nice but could you think World of Warcraft with similar graphics while having thousands of people Online at same time?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Firelands dailies. looks fine. models look great. don't need updated
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
In my opinion, an overhaul wouldn't go amiss - not for the graphics but for the scripting. If I recall correctly, some of the devs themselves said that there's only so much that can be done with the current engine and that they'd very much like to be able to do more with the game, ergo would like a new engine. They also said somewhere that the Deathwing encounters was pretty much the limit of what the current engine can achieve.

Besides, they were updating the graphics side of things for MoP anyway.
Edited by Krisandra on 03/01/2012 17:22 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
03/01/2012 16:57Posted by Taari
New race for the Horde: Mudcrabs.

Those mudcrabs really messed me up when I first started playing... I really wasnt expecting a coiuple of crabs to start beating me up :'<

On topic, I believe I was told that the lower the graphichs the quicker the loading time, or something along those lines.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

^This.

And yes, the graphics in Skyrim looks nice but could you think World of Warcraft with similar graphics while having thousands of people Online at same time?

I agree. To believe that Skyrim may simultaneously have the amount of players that WoW has is ludicrous. This is very hi-tech advanced technology we are talking about. lol: D But seriously, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/01/2012 16:33Posted by Amarielle

QFT.
Edited by Oak on 03/01/2012 18:08 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
03/01/2012 16:01Posted by Tobii
Since many players play Skyrim cuz of the good graphic WoW loose players

Really?

Also I'll say what I said last time...

If they change WoW's graphics I can no play no more. *sad face*
Edited by Eolien on 03/01/2012 18:59 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman

QFT.
Nobody is saying that.

Graphics can greatly enhance one's sense of immersion though. If Skyrim had the graphics of WoW I certainly wouldn't be half as frightened when I'm all alone out in the woods and mountains at night in Skyrim. Anyone been to those mountains around Markath? Now that looks intimidating. Imagine if WoW had areas like that. Good (realistic) graphics greatly enhance my gaming experience.
Edited by Sinth on 03/01/2012 19:12 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
No one quits WoW to play Skyrim just because of the graphics.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
03/01/2012 16:58Posted by Pokemonmasta
Why would anyone play a game only for the graphics? Besides, updating the graphics would cause a lot of issues. Right now you could play WoW with a pancake, meaning that it's really accessible. Improve the graphics and some people won't be able to play anymore. WoW's graphics are fine and once they update the models a bit it'll be even better. WoW has a cartoony style that doesn't get outdated easily.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
well i'd shure wannt new graphics but not like skyrim..and blizz would loose a lot of players if they made graphics good...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/01/2012 16:33Posted by Amarielle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]