BGs: "one man army"

18 Troll Hunter
I am a fairly casual player. I like playing in BGs, both low-level and max-level. I found that by far the biggest factor that determines which side is going to win a BG is which side plays more like a team. Gear, individual skill and everything else plays a role, too, but these things come second.

Naturally, I am looking for a guild with people who share the same thoughts and who play BGs. It seems, however, that I might not be able to find such a guild or at least that the search might take quite a while. So I am wondering if, as a second option, there is such a class and spec that could be played ironman-like, without relying on support of anyone else. That is, I'd gladly play BGs as part of a team, but in case I won't be able to find one, what class and spec would be best suited for playing alone? Obviously, things like being able to heal yourself and stealth should help, but control seems pretty important too and having large burst might be key (or how I am even going to kill anyone).

I would really appreciate some feedback here. Does anyone play BGs (non-rated, non-twink, any level) specifically trying to be a one-man-army? What was your experience? What class and spec would you suggest for this and what advice you would offer?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If you belong to a guild of casual players who regularly do BGs and are accepting new players - or even if you don't belong to such a guild but merely know of one, please leave their name in the comments. Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
11/01/2012 12:18Posted by Zakkar
a class and spec that could be played ironman-like, without relying on support of anyone else.

Pfft. I even do that with this lock. Therefore anything can do it.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Priest
Rogue has so many tools to kill and not be killed that I can't even summarize them
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
11/01/2012 12:21Posted by Bettypancake

11/01/2012 12:29Posted by Dousteblazy
Rogue has so many tools to kill and not be killed that I can't even summarize them

Could you both elaborate a bit?

Were you playing as one-man-army lock / rogue in leveling BGs or in max-level BGs? What was your death / kill ratio like? Any advice on tactics?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Obviously, things like being able to heal yourself and stealth should help, but control seems pretty important too and having large burst might be key

Sounds to me like you need to roll a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/01/2012 13:39Posted by Antiquehunt
Obviously, things like being able to heal yourself and stealth should help, but control seems pretty important too and having large burst might be key

Sounds to me like you need to roll a rogue.

I'll second that. Even in my crappy gear I can sneak off and be a nuisance anywhere, with or without a team. Sap a healer so he gets left behind when enemies go by, stealth cap a base and so on. Go full attack from stealth on the healer as the rest of your team catches up to the EFC pack.
Reply Quote
Rogue or Feral Druid should suit for what you're looking for.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I am a fairly casual player. I like playing in BGs, both low-level and max-level. I found that by far the biggest factor that determines which side is going to win a BG is which side plays more like a team. Gear, individual skill and everything else plays a role, too, but these things come second.

if you look one man army in this moment is Blood DK
full OP in attack, self heal better then any class, and have tank spec.
Fortunately for us in next patch they will nerf

but still all class can be one man army if you start play this class with mind
rogue - stealth, recover healt - annoying to hell on BG around some flag area
priest - selfheal, fear machine, holy shield
hunter - mobile and deadly
paladin - bouble dmg beast (if they all in CD)
shaman - it is impossible to kill while having totems
warrior - deadly when have some healer behind back
mage - mobile frozen death
warlock - invisible but deadly - invisible because it is not usually first on the list of attack
DK - OP class that should be deleted entirely
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I play random bg 95% solo and have a big influence on most games as frost spec. Obviously there's nothing you can do if all of your team are bad but frost mage fits the bill imo. Although rogues are getting stronger and stronger it seems and people have already suggested that. I'd say a choice of 3; Frost mage, Sub rogue and perhaps a feral druid
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
if the vengeance nerf wasnt on its way i would suggest prot pally or blood dk. Prot pally insane def. Cds pretty well self heal with correct talents for WoG and nice burst when veng stacks high and ranged kindof aoe intterrupt silence which is on 15 sec cd and can proc earlier and if u use it on proc u get lovely lovely holy power. And finally bubble and LoH like u have 2.25 lives :) GOD I WILL MISS PROT PVP :/
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
11/01/2012 12:21Posted by Bettypancake
a class and spec that could be played ironman-like, without relying on support of anyone else.

Yup.

You don't have to be invincible - you just have to not care if you die. I'll quite happily jump into a crowd of Rogues and DKs, DoT everything I can reach and die horribly if it gains something for the team.

If you just want to 'win' ie kill everybody else - well, tough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]