Stickies on the Warlock Forum

100 Gnome Warlock
Fellow Warlocks,

There are no stickies whatsoever on the Warlock forums. I think a few guides concerning basic specs, enchants and all would provide enough information to prevent threads with the same questions, as well as giving our class forum a better look.

Are there any skilled and/or experienced Warlocks willingly to write any guides?

With a guide, I mean an actual explanation and not a link to EJ or noxxic.

I could write several basic guides but I think feedback from different Warlocks is important too.

If you have any questions/comments or if you are willingly to write a guide, let me know.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I think thats a great idea,would help a lot and prevent a number of similar threads...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I thought about posting the guides I wrote for my guild's forums, but the class has had so many fixes and nerfs and changes this expansion that by the time I ever wrote something it was basically out of date.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
15/01/2012 22:21Posted by Jessicka
I thought about posting the guides I wrote for my guild's forums, but the class has had so many fixes and nerfs and changes this expansion that by the time I ever wrote something it was basically out of date.
Pandaria offers new opportunities. Solid guides only require a bit of editting during patches. Unless they change everything, of course, but atleast it would decrease the requests for how to play a certain spec, of which most are lost in the 2e pages and beyond, causing new threads to emerge.

Also, I'd be able to write a simple guide quickly for Dragon Soul, but I'm not writing any in-depth unless specifically asked since Pandaria is going to change Destruction and Demonology in such a way we will barely recognise it ourselves.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I am up for it. A little bit help from other people would be extremely handy. Talking about you Jess. He/She has quite many useful posts in forums.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
15/01/2012 22:21Posted by Jessicka

This. All the guides i every wrote for guildies are out of date and tbh i cba updating them. Kinda been waiting for the never-going-to-come destro buffage.

I kinda lost track of what went on with locks a lot due to playing my disc priest (and now prot warrior) a lot more.

This ickle lock is just my pvp machine now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Well, I have this PvP (mostly arena) guide that is soon to be finished and I suppose I could post it here. The thing is though, almost every time I have made a post in a PvP topic and as part of my post I have said that Warlocks aren't terrible and that we're doing fine I have been flamed quite a bit by other members of this forum. To be perfectly frank, there are only a few people who post here that are worth reading for more than sheer entertaiment and the majority of the posters here just seem to whine about how locks are doomed to be sat out of every raid and can't do anything in PvP.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there aren't many people here I think are worth the time I spend writing a guide. If you're willing to then all the more power to you, you're a better man than me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
i can do one on demonology warlocks, but it might take some time, i can give all gems and what not?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Raw
Get Thaya or Evilbrobama to write a decent affli arena guide. Or Shagina! Just someone with experience, really.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Whats on my mind is:
1. Warlock beginner guide: Introduction and basic class aspects, cons and pros and stuff
2. PvE Affli
3. PvE Destro
5. PvP Affli

All this parts should include reforging, gemming and stuff as well as rotation and important tips about encounters or matchups. However we should really gather a council or groups with good communication. This is too much for a single person to cover.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have a couple of decent drafts lying around, both PvE and PvP ones. Ironically the PvE one is more complete since there's not much to be said about PvP other than gear setups and specific tips for specific situations (the rest of it comes down to experience and practise), and the general mindset you should have as affliction (i.e. this post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2868763901#4 )

I guess I'm a bit late on this now, but for what it's worth: I think what this forum needs is more of a beginner guide, i.e. going from simple things to more complex things rather than rewording what's already said on EJ. I'm talking actual basics like choosing spec (explaining the gameplay features of all three of them, and in which zones they're most effective), which gems and enchants to use, introduce people to wowreforge.com, and only then cover rotations (start with a no-cooldown, basic rotation, then introduce cooldowns before posting the final cast priority). Explaining things like statweights and gear rankings somewhere on the way.
Edited by Thaya on 16/01/2012 18:00 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Well I've posted my guides, but I'm not optimistic about whether they'll get stickied. It seems to be all completely random and depends on the whim of the blue at the time, take for example Warriors have their own blue sticky, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/916826007 (amongst others) whereas ourselves and DKs don't have any at all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Jessicka has posted a couple of very nice guides, they should be stickied soon. Also, check the US forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]