Increase The Daily Quest Cap

85 Human Warlock
Hey Blizzard Its Really Annoying Hitting The Extraordinarily Low Daily Quest Cap Of 25. Can You Please Increase It To Something Like 50 Or Even 100.
Thank You For Your Time Regards, Qaztec
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/signed
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/01/2012 19:43Posted by Qaztec
Can You Please Increase It To Something Like 50 Or Even 100.

Would be nice.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
A different idea: do the same as you did with lockouts of heroic instances. Turn the daily quests into quests that can be completed at most 7 times a week. This way the cap of 25 quests per day can perhaps be simply removed.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
This would be nice but I don't think they will. But if they ever did it would be weekly daily's of a number of how ever many you want to do within that week. Be it 1-100 all depending how many there actually are in wow. Personally Id like to complete em all I.E 100 in a day for the week lock out. Would be nice, would pass the time and would be a nice little money maker.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
I don't see point of dailies?
Isn't a profession or farming something actually much more money?...

I make 20k a day just using auction house

I don't think this is exactly necessary, if you want to quest go get Loremaster (or whatever the achievement was).
Reply Quote

It's not about the money mostly. It's about reputations, mounts, pets, advancing professions, seasonal dailies, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

I make 20k a day just using auction house

Daily are about money they are about getting pets mounts ect also unlocking firelands. When I do all my daily normally I get the cap but when a world event is on I get cap before I can do them all. it is also irrelevant to this thread how much gold you make a day.
Edited by Qaztec on 13/01/2012 21:32 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
11/01/2012 14:06Posted by Zakkar
A different idea: do the same as you did with lockouts of heroic instances. Turn the daily quests into quests that can be completed at most 7 times a week. This way the cap of 25 quests per day can perhaps be simply removed.

That is a excellent idea and it would be amazing if blizzard could implement that. But it is very unlikely that they will. but then again they have listened to the forums before.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
/signed
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
would also be nice if the number of possible quests in the quest log could be riased....going for Loremaster and managed to hit my quest cap while doing dalies, had to drop a low level quest in order to pick up my daily....

also /signed
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
/signed

Was online for less than an hour this morning and hit my questing cap for the day. When I am doing reputation grinds it really does limit what I get to do each day.

I understand why the cap was there in the past, but it seems silly now. Remove it or increase it please.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
11/01/2012 14:06Posted by Zakkar

I don't think this would work and I personally wouldn't like this. If we take the molten front dailies for example, if you did 7 days worth of dailies in a day then it wouldn't feel like you were progressing through the questline. You would unlock it at the same rate as if you were doing it daily, but unlocking each faction just wouldn't seem significant.

However I think getting rid of the daily cap would help people who wish to play through old content if they started playing wow/their character after it was released.

With the massive amount of daily quests in the game the cap on 25 is far too low for the avid quester.

TL;DR Increase the daily cap or remove it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Getting the daily cap up to 30 or 35 would be nice, there's just too many things to do if you're currently earning up some reputation in Molten Front, Deepholm and other places.

On a sidenote, what's with capitalizing every word in that post? Doesn't that take ages compared to just typing normally? Not to mention it is kinda hard to read ...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Since there's 18 to do in just Tol'Barad(6 on the peninsula, 3 set ones in the pvp zone, and 3 sets of quests that change after each battle, for those who didn't know), then the Molten front ones and Therazane ones.

I think possibly making level appropriate daily quests take up a slot in the cap. So that you can go and do old content without it stopping you completing current content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am trying to complete a number of achievements which require a lot of grinding for mounts/rep/pets etc.

These are some of the ones i am currently trying to get (my totals may be a little off for which i do apologise)

18 Daily quests in TB to get commendations
14 Daily quests in Molten Front to get marks
5 Daily quests to get marks at the Argent Grounds in Icecrown
5 Cooking Dailies to get marks
5 Fishing Dailies
2 Jewelcrafting Dailies
3 Oracles/Frenzyheart reputation dailies
2 Kalu'ak reputation dailies
Various Outland Dailies for reputation.

A number of daily quests especially the Molten Front dailies take 29 days to complete, not to mention how long some of these rep grinds are taking which is taking longer by the fact we are limited to only 25 daily quests.

I want to be able to get a number of old reputations/mounts/pets/achievements however the limit needs to be raised. I am limited with my gametime as it is and limiting the number of daily quests i can do is not helping the situation.

I am only asking for the limit to be raised please.

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
23/01/2012 20:20Posted by Shadowbolts
5 Daily quests to get marks at the Argent Grounds in Icecrown

this number increases the further into the argent quests you go.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Fl, TB, argent tournament and isle of quel danas; only if you are doing more than 2x mentioned here you'll have problem, and even then you just have to wait until you are done with certain "part" so you can move to others.
tl, dr : BE PATIENT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think Blizzard will ever increase the daily quest cap, people earn a lot of gold as it is. Part of the reason they have a cap on daily quests is to prevent the amount of gold we can earn in a day. Yes we can still earn gold through professions, scanning AH etc - but you still have to take the time to level the profession etc in order to use it.

Another reason we have a cap on daily quests is to stop people from farming pets/mounts/rep too quickly. They want us to have a reason to log on every day and play else player'll get bored and cancel their subscriptions.

They've already made rep easier to gain (through changing old quests/dailys + guild perks) so increasing the daily cap would make these grinds obsolete.

I do my dailys every day when I'm after a mount/pet/rep/ach etc and having a bigger cap would definately be beneficial to making the grind quicker, but then I'd run out of things to do! At least this way you can do your TB dailys every day till you get the Drake, then you can move onto grinding the Argent Tournament etc etc

Happy Grinding!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I guess it would be difficult to implement, but even this would help:
Keep the daily cap on current expansion dailies, give limitless amount of old content dailies.
That way, the money you earn would not be an issue and most current content would be properly gated, but people going for achievements & pets from the not-so-relevant content would have more flexibility.

As to "you make more money from the AH" argument: the money you use there does not come out of nowhere. It comes from quests and killing mobs. Using AH only decreases the amount of money in the game in the long run, due to AH cuts. So yes, some players can make big profits there, but if playing AH was all everyone was doing, there would eventually be zero money to play with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]