4.3.2 Enhancement Shaman PvP

At the moment I would have to say the enhancement shaman is the weakest melee class out there. All the other classes seem to bring something to the table. As an enhance shaman I hardly see any others around and most are speced as resto.
Its quite hard to get into arena teams for rating, most people want a rogue, feral druid or Dk which can easily kill enhance 1v1.
I would like to see some more moves linked in with maelstorm weapon and maybe some 2h talent orientated skills. Enhancement shamans love using 2h weps and seeing windfury go off, but its just not feasible at the moment :(
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 04:42Posted by Jyro
rogue, feral druid or Dk

these can kill anything 1v1

im afraid you are in the same boat as us warriors
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Bringing more maelstrom things and a 2H spec won't make them want us any more then they do now.. However I do like the idea and I have been waiting for a 2H spec ;) To bad I didn't play in those days... :(
But what we need is a unique buff or a unique cooldown that can really help our team out.

Kinda sad that a rogue can kill us even when we don't make mistakes, but he can do tons of mistakes :( Glad to see the vial nerf :D

Also one more thing i'd like to say, Has there ever been a 1H mace/axe/fist legendary? Sadface :(

I hope a blizzard guy sees this so he can give us something :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I agree with you, we are (together with warriors, i've got one), the bottom melee. Not much ppl want us at al as melee.
+Bringing back the 2h enhancement spec, would let LOTS of players return to enhancement, or their shaman in general, even to just try it out. If we would have a working 2h spec, we finally would have some burst.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
rogue, feral druid or Dk which can easily kill enhance 1v1.

Pff where is that thread which class you got the hardest against 1v1.

90% of the dks couldnt kill enhancement shamans. Its true, I dont think I have ever lost against a DK since cataclysm. Enhancement is the most succesful 1v1 class I have played and I got em all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly, i think there's 2 things I'd like to see improved;

1. In the big overhaul to give everybody utility and buffs, shaman remained fairly static (we had the most back then) and thus the state of utility is a bit dated atm

2. We sacrifice more than almost any spec to snare and to soak damage (maelstrom heals + frostbrand). Our damage is okay even with this, but imo our burst damage would be stellar if these could be counted for as dps like in PvE. Only they are part of our utility, so esp. if we need to snare we just have an innate burst handicap.

In the end, i think the spec is definitely okay; with some teammates you can really do fairly well. There is room for a lot of tinkering though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
my only problem atm are rogues. i eat wars/dks/fdruids. dont play too offensive, run around like a loon, stormstrike, cc, heal while your searingtotem is lolling all over them, drop your stoneclaw, walk back to them, stormstrike UE lavalash frost shock and walk away again
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
played shaman since the very beginning of WoW, it is frustrating to see how weak and broken especially enhancement shaman is, mechanics that fail in practical use, i am so good i can own every class, but with blood sweat and tears.
We lack defensive cooldowns as Shamanistic Rage feels too outdated, not to mention its hard to get an arena spot simply because our CC's arent that great at all
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
played shaman since the very beginning of WoW, it is frustrating to see how weak and broken especially enhancement shaman is, mechanics that fail in practical use, i am so good i can own every class, but with blood sweat and tears.
We lack defensive cooldowns as Shamanistic Rage feels too outdated, not to mention its hard to get an arena spot simply because our CC's arent that great at all

Wait, hex is counted as cc?
The only reason i was able to find arena team was with friends and spamming wind shear and stuff.
Our mechanics are just cluncky and very unpractical. (searing totem i hate you)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I can't speak for arena cause I can't do it due to loadscreen issues but in random bgs I feel fine.

Went 32 kill 0 deaths in a Twin peaks yesterday in my terrible gear.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Enhancement atm is in best state is has been this expansion.
Simply ridiculous nowdays if played correctly. Good thing that most of Enhas are simply horrible.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I however do have fun surviving ganks. I can solo some 2vs1 and Survive damn long in 2v2 arenas when my partner is long dead :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'll have to agree it's the best it has been this expansion for pvp, which is really weird. I suppose the non-maelstrom damage just reached a point where using MS to heal still lets us do pressure. The 20% ap buff certainly changed my perspective since the previous post :P

But I would like to know, how do you not have problems with geared feral druids (to the one that said only rogues were a problem); If they are good I have no chance to beat them really. It could be I'm missing something tho :) I know having nitro boosts would be huge against them...
Edited by Rhynnia on 26/01/2012 21:29 GMT
Reply Quote
blizzard has always been absolutely crap at balancing in pvp. it just seems they lack the same interest as most casual pvpers and has some own messed up idea of how pvp should be.

some players will say that pvp is hard to balance 1v1. I think that's absolutely wrong. take vanilla for example. mages pwnd warriors hard. blizzard could ahve given warrior frost resistance, but no, they didn't. I don't know why but it doesn't make sense. the same with warlocks vs mages. mages could have just gotten some shadow resistance and some returned mana when a spell got resisted. preoblem solved. no big class balance problems.

now we have classes running around, completely unavoidable and they WILL kill you if they want to. that's just absurd.

it's EXACTLY like having a dice in the game. the dice rolls between 1-6 every minute. if the dice hits 6 you die. lol. so sorry, pvp isn't balanced unless it's half of the playerbase vs the second half of the playerbase.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
blizzard has always been absolutely crap at balancing in pvp. it just seems they lack the same interest as most casual pvpers and has some own messed up idea of how pvp should be.

some players will say that pvp is hard to balance 1v1. I think that's absolutely wrong. take vanilla for example. mages pwnd warriors hard. blizzard could ahve given warrior frost resistance, but no, they didn't. I don't know why but it doesn't make sense. the same with warlocks vs mages. mages could have just gotten some shadow resistance and some returned mana when a spell got resisted. preoblem solved. no big class balance problems.

now we have classes running around, completely unavoidable and they WILL kill you if they want to. that's just absurd.

it's EXACTLY like having a dice in the game. the dice rolls between 1-6 every minute. if the dice hits 6 you die. lol. so sorry, pvp isn't balanced unless it's half of the playerbase vs the second half of the playerbase.

First of all.
PvP isn't going to be EVER balanced 1v1.
Rogues killed everyone in vanilla 1v1, how would you balance that up without blowing the raid dps down or doing major changes in how the whole class works?
Resistances wouldn't fix anything due Spell Penetration. You might have no idea what that is, but I'll explain it to you. It's a stat which negates the Spell Resistances. It's quite good.

1v1 =/= PvP. Get over it.
Edited by Lozeh on 27/01/2012 01:53 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

EDIT: i completely forgot we were 2012 and januari again O.o
Edited by Liutasîl on 27/01/2012 04:41 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 17:58Posted by Bonbon
rogue, feral druid or Dk

No decent healer can get soloed by a feral :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

No decent healer can get soloed by a feral :/

No decent (none druid) healer get's solo'd by anything except an unholy DK.

Doesn't change that Ferals are stupid good tho.
Edited by Genophia on 27/01/2012 06:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Who are we talking to? Does Blizzard rep's read these threads? Are we telling each other we should be improved?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/kelthuzad/3v3/enhance%20not%20viable/

I rest my case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]