Bad graphics on creatures in wow!

90 Dwarf Hunter
Ok maby its just me but i really think its time Blizz starts to uppdate and renew the graphics of creatures in wow. For example u have Echeyakee and all the other lions for that mather that looks crap! Old stinky graphics! They dont even look like a lion tbh. Now sins cata they gave us a new beast "Sambas" now here we talking about nice graphics. so why dont blizz uppdate the rest of the beasts in wow to look as well as him? back to Echeyakee for example! take Sambas make him white and there u have a brand new kewl good looking pet.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This is not related to the PTR.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The game is showing it's age. A 7 year old game, the main development AKA The good Developers have moved on to Titan.

That's why they haven't been updated.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
The game is showing it's age. A 7 year old game, the main development AKA The good Developers have moved on to Titan.

Yes this is definitely it... when they posted they were moving on to Titan I was so.. owait.
Edited by Eolien on 16/01/2012 18:09 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Although it's all well n good better graphics as such. Not only is it based on an old system now, but then you have the issue of... What IF they did actually improve that, then they'd have to do other models, then more... then we have a game that changes the system requirements.

Another reason WoW is popular, is you don't need this years updated PC to play it on max settings.

Don't get me wrong, I like graphics!
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Druid
I hope they improve the classic races with the incoming of new animations for monks.
And I will never get why our characters run around in crappy graphics and they waste their creative time to redo spells like Wrath, Lighting or Shadow Bolt. Trolling us, Blizz?
Reply Quote
The thing that you need to remember is that WoW has a portion of it's playerbase that are not huge PC Gaming fans (such as myself), and thus do not have a high-powered performance machine. Part of WoW's success is arguably due to it's accessibility and for it's customers to not needing to dish out lots of money for the game to look good. I say an improvement on the graphics would be nice, so long as the option to play on the lower older settings remains.
Edited by Jakemir on 16/01/2012 23:33 GMT
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Druid
My old PC was 'born' in 2006 and supported WoW with almost everything on 'ultra'. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight

The developers have nothing to do with the art team and their assigns.
Reply Quote
Community
We've acknowledged that the old character models could do with a revamp, and we're planning to get this done. But the point several of you raised about system requirements holds true; we want WoW to be accessible to those with older machines as well as those of you with top-end gaming rigs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
17/01/2012 09:42Posted by Takralus
We've acknowledged that the old character models could do with a revamp, and we're planning to get this done. But the point several of you raised about system requirements holds true; we want WoW to be accessible to those with older machines as well as those of you with top-end gaming rigs.

Well then make a version or option whit better graphics ingame for pepole whit top-end gaming machines. Even runing the game on Ultra options makes me sad sometimes and makes me wanting to cry on graphics ^^. I love shiny stuff more then stuff whit broken pixels :) .
Edited by Mabb on 17/01/2012 10:31 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
cant u then make some update that ppl choose if they want to update the models .... then ppl whit high end rig would be able to choose if they want to update to new model... while ppl whit old computer can still play...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yup, there should be an option like ultra-high-graphic; or UHQ update like there was DX11 patch for Crysis 2.

WoW is 8 year old game. Yes it was updated among expansions, yet these old-textured mobs and / or other models in Cataclysm zones (barrens) looks pretty awful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
17/01/2012 10:31Posted by Mabb
Even runing the game on Ultra options makes me sad sometimes and makes me wanting to cry on graphics ^^. I love shiny stuff more then stuff whit broken pixels :) .

If you want a game with ''shiny stuff'' go play Aion or Linage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
17/01/2012 10:31Posted by Mabb

Well then make a version or option whit better graphics ingame for pepole whit top-end gaming machines. Even runing the game on Ultra options makes me sad sometimes and makes me wanting to cry on graphics ^^. I love shiny stuff more then stuff whit broken pixels :) .
You want to keep the old models AND have new models as well?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Isn't that what graphics settings are for?

That said, I'm not really fussed if you update them or not. At the end of the day, people will spend so little time actually going through those areas, so why now waste development time on new models/skins/textures for existing mobs, when they could be spending time creating new models for new Raids etc.

The only people who will really be affected by new textured mobs in the old world, are Hunters, as shown by the OP of this thread, since they'll get to use shinier pets.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Hey Blizzard. Did you forget your a slave to all these people ??? You must do what they tell you and NOW!

O Wait... You allllllll still play though right??????
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I have no idea how game developing works, but wouldn't it be possible to create 2 different clients to play the same game?

In this case it would be:

Standard: About the same the current clients are. Maybe puts a little less strain on the computer.

High Definition: Lowest settings available with this client is the highest in the current client. Wouldn't have any resolutions that are not HD and you would be able to drag the bars up... say 50% more than you are now to actually get those extra awesome looking creatures.

There's just one thing that is very important, and that is that you don't get any advantage over having one or another.

I'm probably being stupid now, but maybe this would be an option to atleast consider?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

We should have more graphics settings so that people with low end machines can turn things right down and people with high end machines can turn them right up, the parameters need to be expanded in both directions if you ask me. Low isn't low enough and ultra isn't high enough.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The point is that the assets would have to be reworked, and keeping multiple copies of each asset at different resolutions will increase the size of the game exponentially. Turning the game up to "ultra + 1" won't make much difference without higher quality textures being created throughout the game. More particle effects and more AA isn't going to change the fact the game engine isn't built with modern graphics/gaming hardware in mind, or the fact that the vast majority of the assets in the game are low resolution.

You are basically asking for a near full rework of the game engine and the game's assets, which is akin to re-writing the bulk of the game.
Edited by Dreyauc on 17/01/2012 12:57 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]