Bad graphics on creatures in wow!

90 Blood Elf Priest
You are already putting enormous pieces overpolygoned shoulders and head pieces to the game and all players running around like x-mas trees... so this "we are puting limits for older pc's reach" thing totaly lie ... and you are already place high polygon modeled races in the game, like goblin..

just revamp old (wow classic races) models it is not that hard... your graphic department doing amazing job already, just aim them to the non-npc characters little bit.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
17/01/2012 09:42Posted by Takralus
We've acknowledged that the old character models could do with a revamp, and we're planning to get this done. But the point several of you raised about system requirements holds true; we want WoW to be accessible to those with older machines as well as those of you with top-end gaming rigs.

My computer's crap and Skyrim's playable. Not ideal, but playable. (I bought a cheap upgrade to meet the minimum requirements for cataclysm, to give you an idea)

I don't think a slight update to the old stuff will make much difference.

Compare the rbg wolf mount to the orgrimmar wolf mount.

Significant aesthetic difference. Doesn't affect performance at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We've acknowledged that the old character models could do with a revamp, and we're planning to get this done. But the point several of you raised about system requirements holds true; we want WoW to be accessible to those with older machines as well as those of you with top-end gaming rigs.

Technically you could just add these nicer looking models as a feature in the Graphic settings, like you did with the water feature. Besides it's normally Shadow quality that puts a strain on most machines, that and Particle density, although Particle Density is pretty much a must in raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Though I agree some makeovers on old models would be nice. There is just to much work to upgrade so much.
I´d settle for haveing our own characters upgraded a bit. Smothing out the edges if you will.
Maby add some new looks or color options, hair, eyes. The slightest thing ussaly makes difference. Just look at the added hairstyles we got last time ( for some of the races ) atleast i thought it was a nice touch.

And the options for character looks can be improved alot. I doubt its that hard to swap more styles with other races, like done before. Or even have new ones crated.
I´ts what I´d wish for :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I don't think that the textures and models having an upgrade, will affect the game performance on slower machines. I don't get any issues when I use Sambas, current set gear, Worgen/Goblins etc etc.

I think that they can upgrade everything pre-WOTLK to Cata/MoP standards in terms of models and textures if they can only be bothered. Imagine talbuks with "Sambas" mane around their necks, imagine every zone having the amazing look of MoP zones in terms of lighting and textures on trees and effects.

They should make it happen to make people stop whining about the game being old. The game doesn't need new style, it needs to be brought up to a 2012 standard game in ALL aspects, not just the latest expansions...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
19/01/2012 06:49Posted by Nozomï
Just look at the added hairstyles we got last time ( for some of the races ) atleast i thought it was a nice touch.

It was a nice touch...but the textures on most of the races are still horrible. Compare the hair on a female dwarf, with that of a female goblin.

Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Maybe some people should go find a new game to play, like SWOTR for example- better graphics but shayte game.

There is nothing wrong with WoWs graphics- I prefer them the way they are and as someone said then everyones computer can run WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well, not everyone has high-end computers, not everyone's rich to buy them.
So, do NOT fix what isn't broken.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Riitz
85 Undead Rogue
Pendulum

Well, not everyone has high-end computers, not everyone's rich to buy them.

This is such an awful misconception of PC gaming these days, you don't, I repeat, DO NOT, need to be "rich" to have a high end computer, and you don't even need a HIGH end computer to process any of these proposed changes, if your PC currently handles Worgen, Goblins, and a lot of the latest armor models and such, it can handle everything else getting minor aesthetic changes.

Regardless of what graphic setting your PC is set to, or how financially superior you are.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Deleted.
Edited by Kelissa on 20/02/2012 07:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
19/01/2012 12:43Posted by Kelissa
It's unfair to ask Blizzard to support more than one game engine but that would be required to up the graphics by a great extent while still keeping all the players onboard.

Wrong.
Its unfair
- to come up with excuses that dont even make much sense
- to save workload that has been asked since BC
- to implent new races with a hell of a lot more shiny polygons
- to come up with excuses to not allow older players the same shiny chars (which would cost money to upgrade)

Maybe they dont upgrade it because they want us to spend money to enjoy our chars in the same way like new players do that decide to play the newer races.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
19/01/2012 17:50Posted by Zasz
Maybe they dont upgrade it because they want us to spend money to enjoy our chars in the same way like new players do that decide to play the newer races.

I agree.

Come to think of it.. blizzard does not do much with already released content.
Low lvl PVP balancing, old graphic models, it is getting dusty.
Reply Quote
Oh come on, are you serious? What

Oh come on, are you serious? What's so hard with revamping the models but adding an option to access them via a slider, much like the graphics? I can see it now.

Monster detail - Low - Middle - High
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Anyways back to the topic! i do think there is many creatures in wow that has nice graphics. There is however 2 that Blizz chould change asap! Lions and Worgs! For lions its simple.. just reeplace the old lions with the look of sambas! then give sambas a uniq color to keep him rare.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
We should have more graphics settings so that people with low end machines can turn things right down and people with high end machines can turn them right up, the parameters need to be expanded in both directions if you ask me. Low isn't low enough and ultra isn't high enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]