Shutting down Dentarg.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Greetings all Wow players!
I started to play wow for about 4-5 years ago. I have always played on the eu server Dentarg. The server were active in the start. Many guilds, Many people in the cities, u bumbed into people lvl'ing, i actually took The Ruby Sanctum the day the patched was realeased with a pug! People was active back then. The alliance to horde ratio have never been that good (Like 2% alliance and 98% hordes in wintergrasp). But it is not like that anymore. So many players have left Dentarg. All the good guilds are gone ("bad omen" for example). It is impossible to find people for a group quest or just be social and lvl with someone u bumb into. Because u bumb into none! It is nearly impossible to create a raid group. And the worst part, there are no Alliance back! And it is a pvp server.

So my question is: Should the server get shutted down?

I've asked people on the server and 99% agree with me. I've tried other servers, and yes. They are alot more fun and social when there are more people. Specielly where 90% of the people arent horde!
Why dont a now just move my charr then? Well, it is because i stuck with 6 lvl 85's and 3 lvl 65+. And i play on everyone of them. I needed to be a millionair to move that many charrs. And i have already paid for the game, 3 expansions and gametime for 4 years. That is pretty much.
Yes, i know it would be a hard job for Blizzard, but come on! The server is dead. I've quitted wow many times, waited for a while, then got back again and realized: Damn, it haven't get any better.
And another thing. Dont u think that people who are new to wow and starts a charr on Dentarg, would stop after a short time? Thinking it was too boring to run around alone all the time? And 0 people to ask for help? Well, I would hat ethat myself.
I just want u to think about it Blizzard. :)
Reply Quote
The fact that you keep coming back speaks volumes. And the people who are also not happy, you keep paying subs or paying for transfers - Blizzard won't act.

If you all were to close your accounts because of it being unplayable without a charge that is essentially forced on you then they would probably have to offer at least free character transfers or risk losing a lot of players. If it is indeed the majority of a server as you say.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dentarg 1,101 total chars between 10-85.

that's pretty dead..

=D

stormscale is around to 3k players now apparently :S

sucks =*(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Where do you see those stats?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
wowcensus.com
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
I started WoW on this realm with this character, many years ago.
When burning crusade was available I rerolled alliance on burning steppes (= also almost dead now).
Transfered to The Maelstrom recently. Guess I have doomed that one too. If you see The Maelstrom going dead, you can blame me I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
join Silvermoon. they've got people
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ravencrest got quite alot, nice playing on a high pop realm...
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually rolled on Dentarg with this toon.

I did meet another player once, in the time I was there.

I thought "oooh - look - another player!!"

Then he instantly invited me to a duel.

I thought it rude to turn him down seeing as he was the only player I had come across on the server. So I duelled him and when I lost he whispered "L2P" and ran off.

My conclusion was all the time he had spent on his own had made him a little crazy.

I left soon after - afraid of the same fate.
Edited by Octane on 11/01/2012 15:48 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ooh a 2 hour old thread on Dentarg forums with 9 replies already.. :D

That's has to be a record. :P

The alliance to horde ratio have never been that good (Like 2% alliance and 98% hordes in wintergrasp). But it is not like that anymore.

My 1 vs 5 experience in TB says hello.. :O
Edited by Caliber on 11/01/2012 17:07 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/01/2012 15:07Posted by Blindingsun
wowcensus.com

Because that's an accurate representation right?

right?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
lollol left dentarg in TBC allready dead server that time allready

come silvermoon very high population
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
All the good guilds are gone ("bad omen" for example)

They're raiding and ranked 1st on the server... On the horde side there are around 5 active raiding guilds, most of which are recruiting. So it's not impossible to raid in Dentarg.

It is impossible to find people for a group quest or just be social and lvl with someone u bumb into. Because u bumb into none!

That's a problem on every server i'm afraid. Most people level nowadays without setting a foot out of a main city, queuing up for dungeons and BGs. It's not a Dentarg problem. They also nerfed group quests and increased levelling speed by alot (more heirlooms, guild perk,..).

I don't know how 500 more active 85's would improve my gaming experience actually. Maybe that's just me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I understand that its hard work to combine 2 low pop servers. But it seems the other route of offering free transfers OUT of low pop instead of only free transfers if the server is full is another option not offered when imo it should. Dentarg has not improved in the 2 years I have played there and it is brutal trying to gather players of adequate skill and raid successfully.

Some of us on Alliance have just about managed since early cata- although its very difficult and I have watched a hell of alot of good players and people pay-the-fee and migrate out because in the end it was to damn difficult to raid and progress.

- Give free Migration out to a mid pop server for these paying customers. Same as you do blizz,- when you offer the same for Full Servers.

2c. Jamzz
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I've asked people on the server and 99% agree with me.

Prove it please, you haven't asked me yet and the answer would be "no".
There is no reason to shut down a server. People are playing on it...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i stuck with 6 lvl 85's and 3 lvl 65+

I needed to be a millionair to move that many charrs. And i have already paid for the game, 3 expansions and gametime for 4 years. That is pretty much.

Game Time: £431.52
Game + Expansions: £88.96
9 Character Transfers: £135.00

Total: £655.48

I needed to be a millionair

Maybe with your euro monopoly money sure
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Because there are still dedicated players stood in server and trying to keep it alive.Really looking forward to see some blizzard action on this matter.Gosh i miss dentarg :)
Reply Quote
2,5k ppl here
18k on Stormscale :>
Shut...it...now...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You guys don't get it, do you?

A low pop realm gives you a better community, people know each others. A lot of players prefer low pop realms since it gives them a feeling of being a part of a cumminity.

A high pop realm gives you little to no community. I mean sure, there are guilds to join, but let's be honest here. Players of high pop realms are not quite as sociable, which makes it into a bad community.

I have raided on Dentarg, Ravencrest, Outlands and Kazzak. Some of these servers are extremely high pop, but I've always gotten back to dentarg, since that is where I feel at home.

What use does a high pop server have to me?
Well for starters, money, money, money, everyone likes to have that. Being on a high pop server makes earning very easy, since demands are high.

I often hear people complain, saying "Arrrgghhhh.. can't make any gold here, dead **** realm".

That's you being bad at making gold, not the servers fault!

Back when I was raiding on Ravencrest, I had 1 friend outside of the guild. I already knew that guy from before. So during my ~9 months on the server I did not really speak with anyone outside of the guild. I have now been on Dentarg for 4 months, and I've already made a handful of friends outside my guild.

So please ask yourself this before making similar posts:
Do I want to play on Dentarg or somewhere else?
Do I want to have a lot of friends in a big community, or just the few members in my guild?
What can I do about my current situation?

If you do not like it here, and if you can't afford a transfer - REROLL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]