Best 2v2 partner for a Ret?

85 Human Paladin
So i've been playing ret for a while now and i really like it. I really enjoy the burst which is fantastic and i love the support role we have. I've been playing all arenas and my favorite is 2v2. So my question to all you elitists out there is: Which partner is best for a ret?
Edited by Snooken on 14/01/2012 03:31 GMT
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
i think rogue is very good. but you 2 need to have a good Comunication ,to manage CCs and things in time etc.

DK Dps
Disc Priest-maybe.
MAge -idk in 4.3 pre 4.3 Mage Retri did pretty well really.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rets usually work well with resto shamans, feral druids, frost death knights and i personally also worked well with a frost mage. But Retri's also work well with Warriors or rogues anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Any kind of double dps team in my opinion.

Ofc Ret/healer can work well too, but expect long battles (Really long battles), when you face another dps/healer team.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Mage, Shadow Priest and Rogue are my favorites.

Playing with healers is just poor play and horribly boring.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Playing with healers is just poor play and horribly boring.

Agreed. Pretty much stopped playing 2s after around 1600, cause each game was a 40-min boredom vs some healer + dps combo and I really hate this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Double ret is viable in 2s. You heal each other for imba heals. Double rep and hoj for cc while you blow up ppl.

Ret/rogue, ret/mage, ret/hunter, ret/dk are all good.

If you want to play with a healer go for a disc priest.

Disc priests have good cc (fear mindcontrol) and you can rep and hoj after while he has potent dps to help land a kill. CC healer kill dps. If anything he can mana burn the other healer and win the mana war.

Edited by Themightysw on 14/01/2012 11:54 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well i've been playing with a buddy who is rogue. But the problem is that we cant get over 1700 rating. Up to 1700 we can just nuke all the healers, but I need some tips cause as soon we are up to some healer+dps team with 1800+ mmr we are screwed. And by tips i mean like what to cc and when? When do we burst and who should we attack?
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
14/01/2012 12:05Posted by Snooken
Well i've been playing with a buddy who is rogue. But the problem is that we cant get over 1700 rating. Up to 1700 we can just nuke all the healers, but I need some tips cause as soon we are up to some healer+dps team with 1800+ mmr we are screwed. And by tips i mean like what to cc and when? When do we burst and who should we attack?

go for the dps. problem solved, cc healer and pop smoke bomb for the finish
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It really depens on what you face. Sometimes the DPS is squishier than the healer and so forth. Dont be hesitant to just CC healer and go for DPS (and forcing CDs+trinket) and then hoj+rep on DPS while you rape the healer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
almost any combo works if you know your weaknesses and strengths and play the game that way. Obviously alot of practice is a must to be able to perform well on higher ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I myself play with a frost dk, but I gotha admit, it ain't the happiest of comps nowadays. :/
Reply Quote
5 Orc Shaman
what is ret / unholy DK like? I imagine if the ret burst + unholy dk bursts are timed together there would be absolute carnage. Unholy DK burst is best in the game these days.

I once played ret/enhance earlier this expansion for fun, very annoying to play against!

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
14/01/2012 12:05Posted by Snooken

If a resto druid go for him.
If a resto shaman avoid.
If a disc with either mage or rogue, go for them, if with something else, go for the healer.
If a holy paladin, cc him and go all out on dps. 1st cc (rep) he will go through most likely, 2cc(blind) he will trinket, 3rd cc (HoJ in most cases) he will bubble. Wait for blind/rep/hoj and repeat. The dps should be dead by the time rep ends.

I play the same comp (started 3 days ago) and so far the only thing we lose to (we still haven't figured out how to kill them properly) is rogue/disc, mage/priest (shadow or disc).

We did figure that we can start on mage, try to force the trinket and or pain sup during the first smokebomb, vanish from rogue, open up with garrote while I have cds up under a smokebomb. I HoJ the mage, he can't blink due to garrote and we pretty much nuke him then. If it doesn't work, well, you just los like a baws and wait for CDs again (took us 3 tries to kill that setup yday)

If I figure something else out I'll come post it.

If anyone knows any other solutions I'm willing to listen :)

I prefer;
Ret/Feral
Ret/Fmage
Ret/Rogue
Ret/Hunter
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
E-Z mode with Rogues and Feral druids and Frost mages and DKs are always nice too. ;-)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
MM Hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rogue MM hunt r teh shiz
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Retribution is perfect with Hunter or Shadow Priest.....if yo ugo with a healer yo uwil lpropably need 20 min for a game if you fight against a other healer/dps combo. Personaly i think since Ret's are of-healer they should play with another Damage Dealer class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hunter or Rogue to win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]