The Ironman Challenge

85 Draenei Priest
is everyone rolling on a particular realm or just any old realm?
Reply Quote
5 Orc Shaman
didnt gutrot level to 85 naked. I'm sure he died but surely this proves it's possible to do it.

I laugh at all the people changing the rules. If you cant play by the rules because you think it's too hard, then why are you entering the competition?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
didnt gutrot level to 85 naked. I'm sure he died but surely this proves it's possible to do it.

I laugh at all the people changing the rules. If you cant play by the rules because you think it's too hard, then why are you entering the competition?

competition is too easy!!

make naked and no questing!!!
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Shaman
19/01/2012 15:45Posted by Hakima
Hm, guess it is the guildperks and faster leveling which gets in the way.

Yes, I also realised that.

I'm not forgetting anything. It's the whole purpose that your a pretty looking snack without any power.

If people who want to join this challenge can't agree on the rules, then theres not much point to join this.

A challenge implies that you can overcome it. You must have a fighting chance otherwise it is no challenge. Just pointless leveling a stunted toon to it's inevitable death. Even with the Quest-reward rule, surviving is not a given. But it also not a given that I'll die at an arbitrary cut-off point because there will be an enemy out there one-shotting me because of my grey armor stuffs.

I'm not going to dictate to you how you play. I'm just saying, that if you say you join the OP's challenge and then ignore a rule, you really are not in the challenge anymore.

Unless you can convince everyone that the rule should be scrapped, and everyone agree on that.

You have not convinced me that it's impossible to reach level 85 without using quest rewards. I think it's a challenge, but possible.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
14 Gnome Warlock
19/01/2012 15:45Posted by Hakima
because of my grey armor stuffs.

I don't even have grey armour stuff. :-P

Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
23 Undead Rogue
19/01/2012 15:44Posted by Telafakar
I'm already ahead of you by doing the major part of this.

Very impressive keep up the good work :)

Thank you, I will. :-)
Reply Quote
19/01/2012 15:49Posted by Jalanda
You have not convinced me that it's impossible to reach level 85 without using quest rewards. I think it's a challenge, but possible.

I honestly don't think it's possible to get all the way in just white gear, i'll certainly give it a bash but I expect I will reach a point where killing things becomes impossible. Definitely from Wotlk to Cata jump I imagine, but gear did start to scale quite highly in TBC and wotlk too. So maybe it'll all end in tears when I reach Outland, who knos.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
This sounds pretty fun. I always liked hardcore in Diablo 2 so this might just be that little spark WoW is missing for me right now. Some thoughts:

-I'd really like people going for this rolling for the same realm and side, just for extra fun. The OP said no guilds, but I think an "ironman" guild would make this 10x more interesting for social purposes. It's not like the guild perks will make it too easy, a tiny bit faster and that's it.

-It really should be a PvE realm IMO. It's not like you can defend yourself as a level 1-80 with white/grey gear against a full epic level 85 trolololo deciding to gank you while passing by.

-The one death rule is a must. That's the whole point, doh!

-Gonna be interesting with only whites and greys, there may come a point when it's not that challenging but very tedious when every mob takes 5 minutes to kill. Going with it anyway.

-Gonna roll soon, God I hope I get a rogue or a hunter.
Edited by Silakka on 19/01/2012 16:03 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Ok...nevermind, rolling again on the server that everyone else is on.

Heads-Alliance
Heads-female

dice roll 2-Paladin

Name Ironsky
server Earthen Ring
Edited by Salmynka on 19/01/2012 16:51 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
23 Undead Rogue
19/01/2012 15:54Posted by Silakka
Sporeggar fine?

We already have two players on Earthern Ring, which is also the place the guild idea was born, so I'd say keep it there.

Reply Quote
23 Goblin Shaman
19/01/2012 15:54Posted by Habberdasher

I honestly don't think it's possible to get all the way in just white gear, i'll certainly give it a bash but I expect I will reach a point where killing things becomes impossible. Definitely from Wotlk to Cata jump I imagine, but gear did start to scale quite highly in TBC and wotlk too. So maybe it'll all end in tears when I reach Outland, who knos.

That's the right spirit. At least try it first.

Guthrot made it to level 70 without any gear. Perhaps even higher, I'm not sure.
He did reach a point where he was having a lot of difficulty and we advised him to do the profession dailies (wich is not allowed in this challenge, no proffessions) to skip a few levels.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
23 Undead Rogue
19/01/2012 15:54Posted by Silakka
The one death rule is a must. That's the whole point, doh!

Okay, I accept.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
19/01/2012 15:58Posted by Harmaa
Sporeggar fine?

We already have two players on Earthern Ring, which is also the place the guild idea was born, so I'd say keep it there.
Ahh. All good with me. Going there then, Horde side or should I roll on it?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
23 Undead Rogue
19/01/2012 16:00Posted by Silakka

Ahh. All good with me. Going there then, Horde side or should I roll on it?

Horde, elsewise we can't be a guild. ;-)

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Scrap my idea, going to do it normally ;)
Edited by Dathran on 19/01/2012 16:11 GMT
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Shaman
You don't follow all the rules then.

It would be nice if everyone did the same challenge instead of everyone doing his/her personal challenge.

There are currently two points people make exceptions for:
1. guild yes/no
2. green item(s) yes/no, only 1?, only quest reward?

Agree on the set of rules, and I'll join too.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Horde, elsewise we can't be a guild. ;-)

Okay, used a random number generator for race, gender and class + randomized the looks. RNG threw me with a troll male mage, let's see how this goes. If you got the guild up, please invite Ironfish.
Reply Quote
I say no guild 'cause perks make it easier by too much.

Idc about the greens tho i'll still go without even if you all decide to use them 'cause I really don't believe it to be possible and people are right not to want to go and do something which will take a ridiculous amount of effort/time only to inevitably fail.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The rule about not dieing has to be defiantly removed . C`mon you can`t really do anything if some lvl 85 decides to gank you. I approve of everything else :P . :D
Just to point out when i started playing wow for the first time i lvl to 32 a warlock with items only from vendors and no talent points :D .I didnt even know there was such things as dungeons and was killing mobs with my wand couse i liked harry potter :D
Damn this project might be fun :P
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Can we be grouped with a friend doing the same challenge?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]