Please don't nerf Fire!

85 Blood Elf Mage
Snowbell, I am not raging because of the nerf, I am raging whenever I see someone like you, judging people without knowing anything about them. People like you disgust me, sorry.

On the other hand, I own you no explanation why am I playing the mage. But if you looked closely (which you obviously didn't), then you would notice that I was not whining about the nerf, just stated that I am progress-orientated and follow my raid leader's wishes. Guess what, when my IRL boss wants me to do something IRL, I usually accept her instructions as well. What's more, when my boyfriend wants me to change my behaviour in a certain situation, I try to fulfill his whishes. Then why would I stand in anyone's way when playing WoW?

And why does it bother you so much? If I were like you, I could just start making up false excuses like "oh, u r just bitter coz u only cleared this and that LMFAO", but it wouldn't be fair, so whatever.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Snowbell, I am not raging because of the nerf, I am raging whenever I see someone like you, judging people without knowing anything about them. People like you disgust me, sorry.

At least the feeling is mutual. Do you think you're special? do you think you're different? Do you think you're more than a sheep? I only need to know the stereotype, the rest speaks by itself ..it`s all over this forum, even in this topic.

I'm not really interested in your explanation, what is there to say? that you respec every time the music changes? ah but wait, it`s for a noble purpose, you're not "bothered" (which is different from whining) because this fire nerf will hurt your self-interest ..but because it will cripple the guild/progression :)
Edited by Snowbell on 26/01/2012 15:15 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
No, people like me believe that they aren't more than the average. Or what did you call me? A tool? :) How I wish I could be a special snowflake like you, following your wild spirit, being always true to yourself! Oh wait, I don't. There, you can have the last word. Be happy with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
cmon...they just boosted us.. 6% is not a low percent ;(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Not sure why they nerf single target, havent been that op. The aoe dmg would ahve been another thing
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Not sure why they nerf single target, havent been that op. The aoe dmg would ahve been another thing
Reply Quote
26/01/2012 20:18Posted by Apzalar

Single target dps also effects AoE damage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
fmage needs a nerf tbh lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
26/01/2012 20:18Posted by Apzalar

go look at world of logs, 90% of the top classes in DS right now are fmages.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
27/01/2012 07:47Posted by Prlest

go look at world of logs, 90% of the top classes in DS right now are fmages.

Fire mages have the biggest RNG in the game, thus most people in the top 100 were mages with really good RNG.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
43 out of 80 classes on the scoreboard atm are fire mages in DS 10 man normal.

Hagara and ultraxion are ONLY fire mages both being more or less single target dps fights.

10 man heroic 33 out of 80 are fire mages follow up by sub rogue most likely because of daggers again ultraxion and yor'sahj just fire mages.

it's similar numbers for 25 man normal and heroic too.

when 1/3 - 1/2 of the the total top dps in the world are dominated by 1 class you can't say "oh its RNG"

Shadow priest is heavily RNG related with crits from mind flay giving us shorter CD on shadowfiend and shadow orb proccs to do higher hits with mind blast which is what increases our dps the most and also to keep empowered shadows up and we don't dominate that much, our 4 set bonus reall helps shadow priest as im sure your's does too with your combustion.

Now of course im just explaining my opinion and probably the way blizz see it from their own logs if they keep them, i'm not saying nerf them into the ground just a small fix would be nice, a slight damage nerf to put mages on par with the other classes. If fire mages want a fix from RNG then make sure you understand your class mechanics fully and make a constructive suggestion as to how to stop fire mage being RNG related maybe blizz will take it on board instead of being lazy and including it in the set bonus like they are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I dont see why the nerf is needed because in my guild the hunters and rogues are
always on top dps. and even if mages are on top dps so what?

Your guild's mages must really suck if they get overdps'd by hunters.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
I really dont get why mages are the only one whos getting nerfed? For example rogues with 400+ ilvl is doing INSAME dmg compare to mages. But then again, blizzard dont like mages. All in all in my raid, the 5 dps'ers is kinda equal. Depends if I get my crits or not ofc.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Not worried while Ghostcrawler has a huge !@#$% over having the mage as the #1 pvp and pve class in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
fire nerf is kinda in place

dunno about pve but in pvp its kinda dumb to see certrain spells crit 50k+ on 2.2k geared players.

m8 of mine with the legendary staff can do 120k in a global if he lucks out.

Reply Quote
26/01/2012 14:05Posted by Rhaia
I am raging whenever I see someone like you, judging people without knowing anything about them. People like you disgust me, sorry.

I can't tell if this was intentionally hypocritical or not...
Reply Quote
Some of us much prefer arcane for pve so all you pro fire mages can just suck it up and deal with the same crap arcane has to put up with every time it finally gets ahead of of fire on dps.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Please don't nerf fire, my dmg will drop a lot and I don't want to switch back to arcane.

Why did you buff fire if you nerf it 2 month lateR?_?

you got 100% buff on most spells on last patch and now youre crying about 6% nerf being unplayable, lold
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
28/01/2012 12:54Posted by Funkie
blizzard dont like mages

I like turtles
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Forgot we got nurfed actually did an LFR just now and barely noticed a difference. Its still fine imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]