Free Character Migration (FCM) - Updated 16/05

(Locked)

Community
Due to queues and faction population differences between the highest and lower populated PvP realms, the following Free Character Migration will be available until 22 May 2012:

Alliance only:
To: Bladefist (PvP)
To: Tarren Mill (PvP)
To: Stormreaver (PvP)
To: Xavius (PvP)
Edited by Vaneras on 16/05/2012 14:32 BST
90 Night Elf Hunter
Would love to have some more allies on Executus. If its possible, plz add the realm to the FCMs too. ty in advance
90 Blood Elf Paladin
25/01/2012 14:18Posted by Jeremybell
Would love to have some more allies on Executus. If its possible, plz add the realm to the FCMs too. ty in advance

A few more allies?

Think of Al'Akir :) It's normally more horde players online in alliance cities then actual alliance!

Would be great having some pvp action on the realm, possible wpvp?
90 Goblin Shaman
realy hope ur gonna do some massive server transfers before mist of pandaria to fix all these dam server inbalances.
fcm keeps repeating itself only 3 realms mentioned again, and is not helping pretty sure people say this weekly nothing is being done against it.

merge those realms close the dead servers to safe money people will be hapy wont quit and / or resubscribe u save money and make money how hard is it.

85 Gnome Mage
I'm gonna give a shout out to my hommies in Ravenholdt. we also need FCM, and pretty badly.

helps us out!
85 Human Rogue
Trying not to be negative here but FCM has never reinvigorated a server or faction. It's saved a few on the precipice but never what was said in the previous sentence.

What it has done though is killed a few off; Al'akir alliance, Magtheridon horde which used to be the best server in the world never mind horde or just Europe.

It just doesn't work. Blizzard needs to do forced transfers off overpopulated factions because they won't close whole servers due to PR reasons. If they don't do this the game in my opinion cannot reach the heights it was in Ulduar through ICC.
Edited by Dessembrae on 25/01/2012 17:59 GMT
9 Night Elf Priest
Yet more FCMs.......

Haven't you learnt yet they are not working.

At the end of TBC , Wait for Wotlk if that doesn't fix all the low / dead realms we will fix it.

Wotlk launches , Nope dead realms are still dead bar the odd fail guild transferring to get realm firsts as there was too much competition on their orig realms.

People complain . Blizz says oh wait till Cata that will fix it ...... Nope realms are still dead and the guild that transferred to get firsts are leaving the realms as theres a lack of players / Dead Ah etc

Now near 4 years later Pandarias coming up , they are still flogging a dead horse with FCM's Forcing people to pay out stupid money to leave a dead realm ( one certain realm at peak time the other day had under 30 people on alliance , and around 300 or so horde (done via /who class)

They need to either merge the realms or do something because there are now far too many low pop realms , or realms with a dead economy and a struggle to do world events/raids*outside of the finder)
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't get why a player on a highly pop'd server would want to move to one that has population problems that mean everything from PVP to the economy is screwed. Only the naive wld make the move, and would reverse it asap - as a charged transfer ofc.

Nice way for Blizz to make some money from a problem of their own creation and a poor show of character imo. This problem has been knocking around for years now - expansions come and go with no fix. Blue posts saying 'yh, we know about it - have some FCM' don't help. Fix it for goodness sake.

If you polled those on low pop servers, and asked 'wld u like to have a forced name/guild name change and a busy server, or stay as is' am pretty sure what the result wld be.
85 Human Mage
Zenedar!!!! We need more alys to!!
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3269738568
Edited by Rexcosta on 25/01/2012 20:40 GMT
90 Human Mage
FCM worked quite nice for Auchindoun alliance!
I remember back in TBC it being low pop realm with 3-4 25man guilds.
Then huge FCM happend and its like high pop with more Alliance than horde, plenty of 25m PvE guilds, a lot of RBG teams and a lot more people to play arena with :)
85 Human Rogue
Then huge FCM happend and its like high pop with more Alliance than horde, plenty of 25m PvE guilds, a lot of RBG teams and a lot more people to play arena with :)

Yeah but the FCM to Auchindoun alliance also killed Al'akir alliance. It's a double edged sword.
9 Night Elf Priest

Thats still pretty big considering theres a lot of realms that struggle to get 10 mans going due to a lack of players on the faction.

Auchindon was lucky that the fcm worked as roll a char on those realms for fcm and look at the players/economy , you will soon see that people wont transfer from a realm with players to a realm with No city duels , With a dead AH and the only raids taking place are on the lfr unless your very very lucky.

It has however been pointed out time and time and time again yet the blues just keep on with the "we are looking into it" "the next expansion should fix it" and never doing anything , My guild on shattered halls is now dead everyone quit wow , why ? because they refused to pay blizz to fix it. And that realms been crying for a merge/fix since mid tbc (and the fcms have done nothing)

Outlands one of the few more balanced realms where you dont have 100 horde to 1 alliance as well...... so maybe prompting people to tranfer will make it another horde heavy hell hole.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
i think the only solution is to look at low population realms with a faction imbalance and merge them with another with the opposite imbalance. FCM from Outland will not solve the problem its only delaying the decay.

The only problem is toons with the same names as that is the unique id that is used to identify characters. I think the toons on the 1 realm that is being deleted/merged to another whos name clashes should have free transfer to another low pop realm or a free rename

Also am pretty sure there is a lot of past suscribers with characters on older realms that have never logged in years but are taking up namespace for those wishing to have names for their own toons that activly play.

How do you plan to resolve that as people leave wow and new players come will old toons stay on the realm forever. I think after a year they should be removed from the server and stored elsewhere. Then if the player comes back he can have them requested to be sent back althought with a name change this keeps the servers fresh.. not to difficult

off topic here but what i think would really fix in game economy is to merge the alliance and horde ah on realm... the alliance side on my realm is very low pop and there is nothing in the ah where as horde there is tons of selection i usually have to put it through the booty bay ah.
eging them will have more buyers , more sellers and every1s a winner. Have a neutral faction like booty bay take over the running of them. Also extend the maximum time stuff can stay on ah, maybe 5 days more suitible
90 Night Elf Death Knight
25/01/2012 21:20Posted by Circumonkey
Outlands one of the few more balanced realms where you dont have 100 horde to 1 alliance as well...... so maybe prompting people to tranfer will make it another horde heavy hell hole.

Considering how Outland has worked from the beginning, the player campaigns point out imbalances rather early. I.e. when Outland dropped 0.9:1 from 1:1 - Outlanders already started to raise alarms. On many realms people do not pay attention to such things before it is late. I.e. on case of Outland - noticed that throughout 2011 there was both faction FCM, and it appeared horde dropped lower, and players complain now and latest FCM is only for alliance. And you see a lot of posts saying we need horde and encourage people roll on horde side instead.

A lot of realm population is for realm-community themselves to maintain. Outland uses a lot of 'forum trolls' to promote what the realm is strong of.

Unfortunately Sporeggar realm is beyond redemption. :P
90 Human Rogue
Yes because I'm really going to transfer to a realm where alliance get ganked dailie by obscene number of horde.

I'm really going to go to a realm where one whole faction is ready to quit..Really going to go to realm where you cant do anything due to lack of numbers and where you get killed if you leave your city.

I'm really gonna do it when everyone thinks the above and don't transfer there.Than I will have to pay money to get off a dead realm.

nice try blizz nice try

O and transfer to outland a full realm? are your serious? like I would Que to get ganked rofl
Edited by Alkapwn on 26/01/2012 09:27 GMT
90 Draenei Priest
I take back every bad word I ever said about Blizzard and promise to stop bombing you with realm population issues if this works out. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I've never felt so happy.

All Outlanders please migrate to Jaedenar. We will welcome you warmly!

Bring herbs, enchants, leg enchants, endgame epics, recipes, epic gems and more herbs. Profit.

Our glyphs are also very expensive.

And pets.

And we do not have any Essence of Destruction. Or anything else of value. Bring your goodies. AND HERBS! For the love of God, bring us some herbs.
90 Human Paladin
Why not add the lowest populated servers together for instance rename to 'Sporeggar-Lightning's Blade' and then offer people in there a free character migration 48/72 hrs after reset to a low populated realm if they want - or give option for a free faction/race/name change too to placate them.

Would this not work? I know if Defias was struggling I would be happy that Blizzard were doing something more constructive than trying in vain to get players to Migrate, as someone else said it only slows the rot.
85 Human Warrior
Welcomeeeee to Al'Akir :o !
95% horde hmmm :P Perfect for world PvP :o !
Anyway, on Al'Akir we got 2 active guilds (sad I know)
1 PvE 1/8heroic, 1 PvP around 1750 rbg rating
Everyone is welcome to join us and have some fun :) <3
85 Orc Hunter
Is anyone else having problems with the FCM from outland?
I have tried going to the free migration page in my account and non of my characters from outland show up, only my characters from auchindoun and azjol nerub.

Any ideas?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]