Resetting cool downs in PvP

90 Night Elf Mage
Why it feels that in BG's rogues have their cloak+vanish up all the time, cuz they show up, kill someone, and lolvanish away, rinise and repeat... whenever you manage to get them below critical health, they lolcloak+vanish away... it's like they always have those spells ready with no cool down :(
Reply Quote
Sounds like a good way to destroy hunters ;<

75% of the time, i use it for another deterrence.
20% of the time, i use it to extend the CC chain.
5% of the time, i use it for another chimera, and pray to god that it will crit.

not being able to lay out an ice trap and deterrence again.. it would suck :<
!@#$ the rest

Edit: lol forgot master's call... the best CD of them all!!
Edited by Thesavior on 30/01/2012 21:55 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
well since we QQing about everything! lets remove :

blood dks from arena

bubble from pala

healers , come on ? takes to long to take them down i mean i suck :D

mages , they do insane damage

locks / priest there fear , i mean come on getting feared isn't fun :O

warrior charge , getting charges sucks..

ye lets remove all the usefull abs:) i mean why keep them everything is to op right ?

lol stop qqing a second deterence or a second FD or a second chimera shot wont hurt your sorry !@#:s

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

but notice how the classes with such a cooldown, don't have any gamebreaking cooldowns outside of this.

Smoke bomb would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Problem is, with the current state of damage, especially openers bringing the enemy team to near death AND forcing major cooldowns in the first minute, resetting is always the correct choice, there is absolutely no reason not to reset when the enemy has used most/all their defensive cds and their trinkets.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
31/01/2012 02:05Posted by Söze
However, please enlighten me what exactly is wrong with a 18k backstab CRIT on a resto shaman. Given that the the 10 second FW buff is up.

Nothing, except its not true or he dropped a stoneclaw or you are doing something fundamentally wrong
Reply Quote
31/01/2012 02:09Posted by Tanas
However, please enlighten me what exactly is wrong with a 18k backstab CRIT on a resto shaman. Given that the the 10 second FW buff is up.

Nothing, except its not true or he dropped a stoneclaw or you are doing something fundamentally wrong

Fundamentaly wrong huh. Ok. tell me excatly where I went wrong in hitting Garrotte>Backstab.

Please enlighten me as to what Ive been missing for the last 6 years in those keybinds right there.

I have, at present, the Cata daggers, and a few pieces of Cata armour. I meet Equally geared Resto shammys, Holy Palas in RBG all the time. If I backstab one of these targets for inexcess of 20k its a notable achievement and ive probably been "Tricks'd" by a teammate.

In a kidneyshot>shadowdance if i get off a couple of 20-22k ambush crits, it is again an achievement.

Drop that CC train for a second and there will be a 60-70k Heal incomming to make all that cooldown blowing completely wasted.

Heres the bottom line....

In the light of how powerful healing is right now, the only burst damage that is out of line is that of frost mages, and even that is only by a few %.

But hey, I've only played the class since a month of so after release, so please feel free to tell me exactly how it is to play rogue, no really...please do...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Time playing a class isn't indicative of your knowledge of it. Some people can play it for many years and still be sub par.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

I have, at present, the Cata daggers, and a few pieces of Cata armour. I meet Equally geared Resto shammys, Holy Palas in RBG all the time. If I backstab one of these targets for inexcess of 20k its a notable achievement and ive probably been "Tricks'd" by a teammate.

I can't remember the last time I crit for that much on a Holy Paladin/Resto Shaman. If I do crit for that much on any well geared played it's with Reck and damage trinket up during a Bladestorm.

My undergeared Rogue however has been critting 20k all night on most players with Ambush.
Face it. Rogues either do to much damage, or Warriors need more.
Reply Quote
But hey, I've only played the class since a month of so after release, so please feel free to tell me exactly how it is to play rogue, no really...please do...

OooH, started 1 month after release ? Nab, I started at beta aaaahh OOOH Im sOO cool. And btw, I have like 2 x of your hks only with this char, im pro.

Btw, if you cant take healer down alone, youre doing something wrong, even with my h-palas 4.5k resilience comes down to 30 - 50k hp when rogue starts dealing damage and no, theres no such a thing like hard cast when rog is near, its all about that I (if I have) have bubble bobble cd online and rdy :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
can other classes have cd reset too plx?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
what you all forgetting is that the classes that resets cooldowns generally need those spells.
hunters have a insanely high learning curve for pvp, anyone who says otherwise is a moron. and their learning curve mostly revolves around being able to use their spells effectively vs other classes, thus spells like readiness are needed for hunters.

Preparation doesnt reset every cooldown the rogue has, and if smokebomb was to be removed from prep i would find the spell reasonable, not that its insanely OP as it is. i mean if you cant escape a smoke bomb or if your healer cant run to it to heal you you were probably slightly out of position.

Yes, Mages need a nerf Rogues need a nerf. but its not prep/cold snap/ readiness that need a nerf, its just their damage.

If you were to give Prep to a palla you would see 2 bubbles after the forbereance debuff goes off.... now that would be alot more OP than a double smoke.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
30/01/2012 12:18Posted by Tanas
You don't see a lock rushing out of the gates and pop demon soul to blow someone to hell in the first 10 seconds, he needs some kind of buildup. The three specs with preparation have absolutely no ramp up time needed for damage, no lambs to the slaughter buff that requires stacking, no 5 stacks of searing totem required on the enemy, no eclipse state that needs activating, just pick a guy, smash him, throw instant cc x y and z, refresh and do it again.

Ur lacking class knowledge - a rogue taht doesn`t have SnD and Recup rolling all the time is doing no significant dmg, even in shadowdance, if those 2 are not rolling u\r just scratching the surface.

Mages on the other hand - yea :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
30/01/2012 19:33Posted by Omgacat
I feel the only classes who can reset there cooldowns are currently the strongest classes at the moment Mages/Rogues

30/01/2012 19:59Posted by Thesavior
dat readiness makin' dem huntards OP.

Rogues are stupid now because of pve gear but whatever nerf all the things.
Edited by Alkapwn on 31/01/2012 08:09 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]