According to the plotline of the Wallwreckers guild, we are arranging to engage in some RP-PvP combat.
I will explain how it works, and if there is interest, how to join (as guild or individual). There is no IC explanation here, because we want to organize this in-game and in-character, with close to no OOC arrangements. If you're a military guild, and you wouldn't shy away from this sort of RP-PvP, you'll likely want to join.
A few points before you read on:
1. This shall be RP-PvP without gear or ability limits.
2. This involves a lot of roleplay, so no, it's not just about the PvP.
The Path of Prowess - How does it work
1. The actual battles will take place on a weekly basis, preferably one battle each week.
2. These battles will be held all over Azeroth, hardly ever twice at the same place.
3. The battles involve the Alliance assaulting Horde encampments and holding them for a specific amount of time, likely an hour or so. The reason for this is IC, and not yet explained here for that reason.
4. -Before- these battles begin, the Alliance forces shall be meeting up, discussing the next point of interest, the strategy, where to make the camp, all that is involved in siegecraft.
They will march to this place together a day before the actual fight.
5. -After- the battle, they shall retreat to their camp and defend themselves there until the day after, when they return home again.
A few facts regarding this simple strategy:
1. Everyone involved shall have PvP activated from the moment the traveling begins up to the moment the traveling ends. If the Horde thinks it can foresee our movement, they are free to ambush us along the way, or wait for us there.
2. RP-PvP without gear and ability restr. does not mean we'll be going nuts. We will be fighting intensely, but we'll be trying to keep it as orderly as a battle of this intensity allows. This mean that even during the fights, orders will be given, camps need to be secured, gates need to be held, and so on.
3. Flying mounts, you say? If you roleplay owning a flying mount, use it, we shall have to prepare to counter it somehow. Everything is allowed, it's war, is it not!? Still, if you don't own one IC, stick to that, we likely won't be bringing ours either.
4. The moment our march starts, the rest of the campaign is fully uncertain. It is perfectly possible the Horde gets us down while we march, spreading us thin even before we get there. If this is the case, there's always next week, and we will roleplay defeat. It will add to the realism, I hope.
5. I am completely fine with the Horde guilds using alternative ways to get to the battle, like portals or flying mounts or summoning, and am fully prepared to acknowledge these methods as OOC means with an IC explanation like: we've been marching here since yesterday, expecting an attack, or we've been sitting ready to receive news of an attack and had methods prepared to arrive as fast as we could. All in all it doesn't really matter to the Alliance how you get there, just that you get there, the how and why is something the Horde can make up for themselves.
Guilds currently signed up to this idea
First of all, I'd welcome anyone who'd like to participate in this on a weekly basis, but understand that it also needs to remain organize-able every week, and that these things shall be entirely organized IC.
So remember the rule: Whatever happens, happens IC. If something is arranged OOC'ly, it will be because there is absolutely no other way whatsoever.
1. The Wallwreckers
2. The Stormguard
3. The Hornmantled
4. The Darkshire Brigade (perhaps!)