Old Info: World of Warcraft 4.3.4 64 bit client

(Locked)

Customer Service
Important - The 64 bit client is automatically included with the game, and can be toggled on/off via the Launcher, if you have a 64 bit Operating System.
Edited by Lurdlespor on 17/07/2013 12:32 BST
90 Orc Hunter
Yey more FPS for me <3 Thanks Blizzard!!
This is awesome news.
I have been waiting for WoW to get 64 bit and will do everything with my skills and capabilities to help development.

Also my first notice of this is atleast slight performance gain, which could be because of more ram available can use little more of ram.

Bah second :D
Edited by Moranghon on 02/02/2012 09:46 GMT
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks alot!
85 Tauren Druid
Yep, so far it feels more fluid and like it stutters less going from one zone to another.
90 Draenei Paladin
Well done, I'm gonna go test it as soon as I'm home. :)
90 Troll Shaman
This works fantastic. Before my gpu used like 55% of its power, now its >95% all the time.

Big FPS gain for me.

Thank you for a free upgrade
Edited by Chaqqu on 02/02/2012 10:07 GMT
85 Human Paladin
i used to have unchecked the in-game option "Show Launcher" (this option is no longer here) and now when I execute Launcher.exe, it automatically runs the game thus I cant set the 64bit version :X

i can execute the 64 bit version without problem but i still wonder why isnt the launcher showing :) is the option whether using 32 or 64 client changing some settings or just runs
Wow.exe / Wow-64.exe ?

edit: after running once wow-64.exe, launcher automatically starts executing x64 version instead of x86 :)
Edited by Maël on 02/02/2012 10:29 GMT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol.

I've watched the difference between 64bit and 32bit in task manager.

Seems the 64bit version uses 25% less CPU bandwidth.

It went down from 40% to now only 30%.

Same fps, maybe a slight faster loading time.

so far a small "upgrade" for me, though very appreciate.

:)
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Can't wait to try this when I get home tonight!
90 Troll Shaman
Is this just for the ptr at the moment or is this for the actual game now?

Also why does it say in the first bullet point "The 64-bit client is being distributed separately from the Retail version as it is not yet supported for use with World of Warcraft." What does it actually mean by 'not yet supported'?

Thanks
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Also why does it say in the first bullet point "The 64-bit client is being distributed separately from the Retail version as it is not yet supported for use with World of Warcraft." What does it actually mean by 'not yet supported'?

It means that if you experience technical issues with the 64-bit client that you would otherwise not get using the 32-bit client, Blizzard will be unable to provide you with technical assistance and you'll be advised to use the 32-bit version instead.

And no, this is not for the PTR. This is for the current patch. :)
Edited by Danellos on 02/02/2012 10:30 GMT
90 Troll Shaman
02/02/2012 10:29Posted by Danellos

It means that if you experience technical issues with the 64-bit client that you would otherwise not get using the 32-bit client, Blizzard will be unable to provide you with technical assistance and you'll be advised to use the 32-bit version instead.

And no, this is not for the PTR. This is for the current patch. :)

Thanks for that. So you can safely go back to the 32bit client if you experience problems? I dont fancy having to do a full reinstall if something messes up!
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
Thanks for that. So you can safely go back to the 32bit client if you experience problems? I dont fancy having to do a full reinstall if something messes up!

Yes, and its as simple as using the tick-box in the launcher. :) Reinstalls won't be necessary.
Edited by Danellos on 02/02/2012 10:36 GMT
85 Human Paladin
Evlhenno: this is Live version of x64 client for current 4.3.2 patch

its not supported means something like "use at your own risk" meaning that they cant assure the functionality of x64 client.. yet :)

edit: Danellos youre frickin fast :P
Edited by Maël on 02/02/2012 10:37 GMT
90 Troll Shaman
Thank you :)

So when a new build comes out, do i just keep checking back here or is there somewhere else i can keep track of it and upto date?
85 Night Elf Rogue
any knews / assist how to enable the sli on the new 64 bit client? there is a theoretical sollution by renaming the wow 64 bit.exe in wow.exe WHICH on the first update that it will come will mess the whole thing cause it will think its the 32 bit client beign though the 64 bit.

So, anyone that managed to enable it efective?
85 Human Warrior
Hi

Not very good with computers, but this gateway is set to North America. How do I change it to Europe?
85 Undead Rogue
Hi

Not very good with computers, but this gateway is set to North America. How do I change it to Europe?

You keep logging in on the US realms?

If so go to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB\realmlist.wtf
(path depends on where you have installed your game.)
Open that with notepad or something similar and make sure it says the following:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

If the problem is what i think it is, then this should solve it.
Edited by Hailkor on 02/02/2012 10:52 GMT
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
any knews / assist how to enable the sli on the new 64 bit client? there is a theoretical sollution by renaming the wow 64 bit.exe in wow.exe WHICH on the first update that it will come will mess the whole thing cause it will think its the 32 bit client beign though the 64 bit.

So, anyone that managed to enable it efective?

Tried using the Nvidia control panel? Not sure on SLi but I have one of those annoying Optimus setups and had to manually tell it which GPU to use with the 64 bit client.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]