Paladin,Druid,Shaman,Priest

90 Night Elf Priest
Hi, im currently looking to gear a healer for raids but i dont know which class will provide maximum effect for healer whilst in the raid. I know that most would have said druid Although due to the nerf during patch 4.3 im unsure on what to gear (i have all 4 classes 85)
Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Shaman for madness of deathwing.

Priest/druid for warlord zoz'ozz on heroic mode.

Paladin for the rest 6 bosses.

In general: whatever you enjoy most.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Paladin
Reply Quote
23 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2012 14:41Posted by Halaberiel
Paladin
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
what does your raidteam need and which class do you enjoy the most?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Play what you enjoying and what your guild need.
If you are in 10man its not really a big deal which healer you playing.
We all know that druids dominate in 25man , right Pinus? *wink*
Edited by Kidja on 04/02/2012 18:47 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/02/2012 18:46Posted by Kidja
Play what you enjoying and what your guild need.

^
Reply Quote
Paladin, if there is a change that they might become less than god-like healers blizz will buff them. Its what they did with holy radiance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Shaman is fun, but you should select the healing style you like most.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Read Ashalias sticky and the class changes to MoP and decide after what you think will be the most fun.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I was playing healer on Priest, Pala, Shammy then priest again.
Then I've created a druid only for feral pvp fun. After that my gf asked me to help her
with dung. I had some OS heal gear so I've tried... And from this moment I can't belive that
how someone would roll any other heal class.
We're not the best atm. We're good. But ...sh&t ... this is most fun healing experience I ever had. Numbers banging my screen every half of a second. Lovely...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I was playing healer on Priest, Pala, Shammy then priest again.
Then I've created a druid only for feral pvp fun. After that my gf asked me to help her
with dung. I had some OS heal gear so I've tried... And from this moment I can't belive that
how someone would roll any other heal class.
We're not the best atm. We're good. But ...sh&t ... this is most fun healing experience I ever had. Numbers banging my screen every half of a second. Lovely...

You should be a paladin then, 1 heal heals 3 people.

;)

And you haven't seen aoe heals untill you spammed hr with blue on Ultra. You're entire screen goes green, filled with awesomeness.
Edited by Kaperman on 10/02/2012 21:42 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/02/2012 18:46Posted by Kidja
If you are in 10man its not really a big deal which healer you playing.

If it was that easy hunney...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I would say priest (ofc if you're up to sth else it's fine), because priest has 2 healing specializations, so if you're bored from the one, you can easily try the other.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
If you are really torn you should look at possible offspecs too. Most healers have a dps offspec so that they can chill a bit now and then
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/02/2012 00:59Posted by Cricket
If you are really torn you should look at possible offspecs too. Most healers have a dps offspec so that they can chill a bit now and then

True but when this off spec isn't stuck to the healing spec you want, what do we do then?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My advice would be not to choose a healing class based on which would provide "maximum effect" as you put it. Remember class balance varies from patch to patch, but all healing specs are useful in their own right. Choose which is most fun and interesting; and if you want to be picked for raiding ask what your guild needs!
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Shaman
Druids are fun to play as are shammys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it depends on what you'll be best at.
What type of player are you?

Me for example, i like you know when i click that button something is going to happen in a certain time, makes things abit more predictable. (thats why spine freaks me out because of that stupida ss absorbe debuff grrrrr)

I have a druid and it's alot more relaxing to play as you dont have to always be spam spam spam like you do on paladin, Hot up who needs it and wait (while keeping mastery/LB rolling ofc) but i dont like the wait for the heal, when i click the button i want their HP to shoot up right away.

But as i said, its down to how you like to play, spamming for 6 mins or click a few and dance in tree form?

12/02/2012 14:52Posted by Freakyvicar
My advice would be not to choose a healing class based on which would provide "maximum effect" as you put it. Remember class balance varies from patch to patch, but all healing specs are useful in their own right. Choose which is most fun and interesting; and if you want to be picked for raiding ask what your guild needs!

Agree with this post, but all i can think is i don't remember a time when paladins haven't been needed in raids T11 = Disc-mode T12 = Tree time T13 = Palaspam... but in all these tiers palas have always been wanted for the utility and tank healing
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You should be a paladin then, 1 heal heals 3 people. ;)And you haven't seen aoe heals untill you spammed hr with blue on Ultra. You're entire screen goes green, filled with awesomeness

Naah, not 100% true I'm using msbt for the spamcontrol ;P

But you defo didn't see a druids healingscreen, so many pretty green numbers :>

Hi, im currently looking to gear a healer for raids but i dont know which class will provide maximum effect for healer whilst in the raid. I know that most would have said druid Although due to the nerf during patch 4.3 im unsure on what to gear (i have all 4 classes 85) Thanks.

Play what you like the most, if you play a class which you enjoy the most you should be able to get the max out of that class, since you like it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]