/cast Resurrection on Saurfang EU

85 Undead Death Knight
I know we're not the only server spiralling down into the pits of failure but I don't care about them, what with all these guilds leaving recently (Horde side atleast) the server is getting closer and closer to death.

I'm not really fussed about heroic mode guilds getting 2/8 because... I just don't care about guilds going on about their HC progression (I'm looking at you Catalyst) I'm more concerned about sheer numbers, what with all these guilds transferring to busier realms, our already lacklustre Horde side is beginning to dwindle.

I've tried getting people to come along for some world PvP but it's just not fun with approximately 8 of us when 20 Alliance come to retaliate. Also when the Trade trolls come out to derail the idea and help kill the community more.

So my plan is to find that damn thread where we leave feedback about realm population/balance (If you find it and link it that would be great) and get as many people from Saurfang to say this !@#$ needs sorting. Blizzard have too much pride to merge servers but this has to change. I for one won't stick around if the server loses many more people from Horde side. I'd like an excuse to get out of the Misery battlegroup anyway!

I hope Blizzard have realised that Free Character Migration's aren't the key to solving this either, because I can't rememeber the last time I saw a FCM on the news feed on the Login Screen. Merging some of the quieter guilds is the only way.
Reply Quote
I think merging is the way to go aswell.

On a brief looksy, only 2 out of 10 realm forums I looked at didn't have "server is dead" sort of threads. And those two were high population realms.

It does seem that the larger realms are exerting a gravational pull on the smaller realms. Those who have got the money and enthusiasm will continue to gravitate towards these big realms.

There are two problems with that. 1) Med-low population realms become smaller and smaller thus those remaining become disheartened and unenthused.

And 2) The big realms get too big and queue's to log in get larger.

With the subscription loss Blizzard has suffered, it seems hard to justify the amount of realms there are now without losing the social experience necessary to an MMO.

However, as you said yourself, Blizzard are likely to be stubborn about taking such an obvious step due to a lot of things that would need ironing out in the transition.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I for one like Saurfang the way it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Leik I saaaaid MoP should bring brand new wave of people. For the good of this realm.
Reply Quote
@Daniie

In our defense, you're Alliance (and I don't mean that in an agressive way at all). Hordeside is pretty quiet regardless of time/day.

But that would indeed be an issue with merging realms. If they merged two with higher Alliance, or two with higher Horde.
Edited by Elmisti on 08/02/2012 14:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
@ Elmisti

you know who Danie is right?He betrayed the horde and went ally :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
i'll just drop this here to give a clear view of the breakdown of Saurfang population.
http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-saurfang.html
Also, as per QRJ's request :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=1
for the official realm merge topic
Edited by Datyriam on 08/02/2012 15:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I doubt they're going to merge anything, the PR is too bad.

People just like transfer to servers that are doing "well" and off ones doing "badly", even if they could somehow be balanced right now we'd be facing the same situation in a year again so in one sense merges are just a temporary fix... :P Mind that I don't really disagree with a merge, if that'd save you hordies, I just don't see it happening.

The way it seems to me - though I might be completely wrong - is that all of this cross-realm stuff and LFR are in part meant to answer the dead server problem. If we get cross-realm guilds and guildchats next, I'll be sure of it :P Of course this will in no way help with the empty AH or towns, but I could see it going this way.

Only way to help Saurfang is to keep the guilds we have up and start new ones :P
Edited by Summerwind on 08/02/2012 16:15 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
@ Thread, dogs.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
08/02/2012 12:32Posted by Qrj
I'm not really fussed about heroic mode guilds getting 2/8 because... I just don't care about guilds going on about their HC progression (I'm looking at you Catalyst)

Wut man? I actually got a player to transfer TO this realm! Tryin to get some HC progression on dead horde side is bad nao? If you see me spamming trade with my recruitment messages its not to show my e-peen cause 2/8 hc is nothing to be rly proud about, I just want to get more people together and create at least two stable raiding teams. I managed to make a 2nd DS team (with worse progress ofc) and with the amount of socials we have, we created a nice rock of community on otherwise community dead horde side.

BTW thats what some Blues said:

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Lets hope they have somethin good for us!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm not really fussed about heroic mode guilds getting 2/8 because... I just don't care about guilds going on about their HC progression (I'm looking at you Catalyst)

Get on my level.
I'm styling on you.
You wish you were as fabulous as me.
I'm the most beautiful DPS EU.
etc.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
09/02/2012 12:13Posted by Strayed

True story.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
09/02/2012 12:13Posted by Strayed

Get on my level.
I'm styling on you.
You wish you were as fabulous as me.
etc.
It's a whole new world? - Hit it Vamp!
Reply Quote
70 Human Hunter
would be nice to get merged with another realm, alliance is ok but i moved here because horde was so quiet it was boring and slightly depressing, still at times alliance can be pretty dead and boring.
logged on my b-elf mage the other day and noticed dauntless had realm changed which sucked, if horde gets more people and becomes more lively i will move my guild there :)
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
True story, I was there when it happened! :/
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I cant help but rofl at the tears coming from saurfang. Seriously you got nothing to complain about. Saurfang has 6k allies and 1.4k horde. In contrast Aggy here has 1500 horde and 600 allies.

The horde ah has EVERYTHING! Any twink enchant any gem all mats. I can pug almost any realm in primetime and thats on yr "horde imporvished". Goto a real low pop server then you will know.

saurs fine
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone mentioned that we were the lowest population realm, or that there weren't realms worse off than us.

It doesn't mean the situation on Saurfang is okay, it just shows what I was saying about all low-medium population realms has some bearing.

This is not a exercise in the politics of envy, we are saying something needs to be done about all low-medium realms.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
QQQQQQQQQQQQ Stop trolling you miserable good for nothing baddie
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
@Qrg
TBH i think Saurfang is fine atm. horde and alliance. Also i dont know what PvP matches youve been playing but alliance tends to loose about half the time anyway. my personal opinion is if you have a problem with saurfang then you should probually change realms. especially as you are doing PvP. Move to a PvP realm :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Back when my old guild left Emeriss, there were ~100 active alliance players there...
Edited by Gðd on 29/03/2012 17:46 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]