Transmutation Master nerf?

85 Night Elf Rogue
I got my 4 Truegold yesterday, picked up transmute master skill and started making Inferno Ruby. 20 tries - 0 procs. This morning I made 5 , again not a single proc.. ???

I have never been transmute master but my friend used to tell me its really worth for gold making and it proc's quite often.. Did this skill got some hidden nerf with this new patch or?

I am starting to regret my decision going for transmute.. maybe elixirs can bring me much more gold if transmute only proc's once in a blue moon..
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
While you got no procs, the person across town probably got all x5 procs on everything they did.

That's how it works...randomly.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Mage
Most likely not, you're the 1 in 58 people that that's expected to happen to in the long run.

Just continue with it, make some meta gems or arcanite bars. I normally get 15-25% extra when I make 100+ items.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, it used to be that way. But since 4.3 the proc rate went drastically down. Since then I had only 2 arcanite bar procs (+1 each) and 3 living elements procs (+3 earth, +4 earth and +3 air). Not a single proc on truegold, although I don't try every day. Still, it's very frustrating, since elixir mastery procs about this much (maybe more), and you don't have a 1 day cooldown on flasks, which you have (shared, too!) on truegold, pyrium and living elements transmutes.
Edited by Kvasztics on 27/03/2012 01:04 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Mage
27/03/2012 01:03Posted by Kvasztics
Yeah, it used to be that way. But since 4.3 the proc rate went drastically down. Since then I had only 2 arcanite bar procs (+1 each) and 3 living elements procs (+3 earth, +4 earth and +3 air). Not a single proc on truegold, although I don't try every day. Still, it's very frustrating, since elixir mastery procs about this much (maybe more), and you don't have a 1 day cooldown on flasks, which you have (shared, too!) on truegold, pyrium and living elements transmutes.

If the proc rate had gone drastically down, it would be a lot less likely for me to get a 26% proc rate on Arcanite Bars just now. I had mats for 96, ended up with 121. How many arcanite bars did you craft?

I know it feels bad when someone don't get a proc for days, but that's still very few crafts, and it can and will happen even when nothing has been changed. And what would be the reason for Blizzard to change the proc rate for something as insignificant as a profession all the time? They don't even bother to fix the huge glaring issues, and supposedly they're tinkering with drop and proc rates? I don't buy it, even when I'm the one having bad luck.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Most likely not, you're the 1 in 58 people that that's expected to happen to in the long run.

Just continue with it, make some meta gems or arcanite bars. I normally get 15-25% extra when I make 100+ items.

This. When I transmute 200~ inferno rubies i generally get around 30-40 free.

Helps to do in large numbers to break even the averages.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
27/03/2012 05:34Posted by Lobotomy

If the proc rate had gone drastically down, it would be a lot less likely for me to get a 26% proc rate on Arcanite Bars just now. I had mats for 96, ended up with 121. How many arcanite bars did you craft?

I know it feels bad when someone don't get a proc for days, but that's still very few crafts, and it can and will happen even when nothing has been changed. And what would be the reason for Blizzard to change the proc rate for something as insignificant as a profession all the time? They don't even bother to fix the huge glaring issues, and supposedly they're tinkering with drop and proc rates? I don't buy it, even when I'm the one having bad luck.

the majority of people wont be crafting on that scale ? i think its is rather bad to have to craft so many to get a proc. but again as stated it is totally random, i personally hate the RNG in game. luck luck and more luck hard work isnt actually a factor here is it.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Mage
27/03/2012 08:10Posted by Andith
the majority of people wont be crafting on that scale ? i think its is rather bad to have to craft so many to get a proc. but again as stated it is totally random, i personally hate the RNG in game. luck luck and more luck hard work isnt actually a factor here is it.

You don't have to craft that many to get a proc, you can get 5x 5x on your first crafts, but you're more likely to get on average one 2x per week if you only do daily transmute. I do daily transmute as well, and I also go weeks without a proc sometimes, but I know that it's random and will average out in the end.

Hard work is what will get rid of the luck. Doing a transmute every day for the last year and keeping track of it will probably end up with most people around 15-20%, doing a transmute for a week and then blaming the game because they didn't have a proc isn't hard work. Just like someone that got the 5x 5x won't keep 400% proc rate, it will go down in the long run.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Hunter
why some people spread fake datas where explanation would be much more helpfull. Saying that xmute master was OP for money or overused in blizz eyes and needed balancing is pretty ok for me. Yet its another fail attempt to make people do other professions even though they are not profitable or not needed for raiding. 4h flask + same bonus + money > other prof bonus + very little money, raiding or not
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
ive been asked to transmute 60 iron to gold bars is there a way i can make more than 1 a day?
im ilixir master do i need to change to transmute master instead?thanks!
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
ive been asked to transmute 60 iron to gold bars is there a way i can make more than 1 a day?
im ilixir master do i need to change to transmute master instead?thanks!

Transmutation mastery does not do anything to remove the cooldown on doing transmutes, instead it merely gives a chance of getting more items out of those transmutes (the same way other masteries work).

There is no way other than having more alchemists to transmute that iron to gold quicker than 60 days.

Personally I'd give the iron back to the person, it is a complete waste of transmutation cooldowns as these CDs share with each other. I.e you cannot transmute a truegold and a gold bar on the same day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]