Alleria Windrunner

55 Draenei Death Knight
Well as huge enthusiast of the windrunner storyline, with Sylvanas practically the only heroine left who doesn't cry all the time, Vereesa who seems to have taken a back seat behing her husband although she does appear outside zul'aman she doesn't really do much...

This leads me to Alleria, last seen during the sundering of draenor when she lept into the twisting nether, unlike most of the heros who were on draenor at the time she didn't make an appearance along with Turalyon, I had a little stupid idea.... but anyway here it goes
How about when alleria jumped into the nether she consumed inadvertenly a large amount of fel energy, and thus began an addiction she couldn't help to continue to sate, her eyes changing to the emerald green colour of blood elves... Maybe being disowned by other high elves...

I've noticed of course the flaws with my story the sunwell being renewed meaning elves no longer need to draw fel energies and such....

And i was just wondering does anyone else have any ideas of how they'd like alleria to be brought back into current storylines?

Edit: It states in wowpedia ''After the damage that changed Draenor into Outland had been done, Alleria, Turalyon, Khadgar and the rest all returned to the orc homeworld they set out to honor hold'' So even though this is stated Alleria and Turalyon don't appear in BC so what do you think is happening there? :P
Edited by Kandiy on 10/02/2012 14:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hmm, yeah why not? The Alliance has already got one of the sisters anyway. May Vereesa lead the high elves to glory. Alleria joins her blood elven brethren and take up fight against the high elves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
stop.
trying.
to.

STEAL!

alliance.
heroes.

seriously the horde needs to develop its own, for the last time legendary alliance heroes who have fought against the horde trying to exterminate them and their kin are not going to join up especially when their husband is the supreme commander of said alliance and led them to victory.

ask blizzard to build upon Rommath or Lor'themar or that bloodwatcher guy who seems cool, or Aethas, or Haulduron OR lady Liadrin I mean come on now this is getting silly you cannot keep picking the choice alliance lore you like and expect it will not effect the story
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Redemptioner,
The Alliance and Horde of the Second War are not the same Alliance and Horde that you see in World of Warcraft. They're under completely new morals, ideals and leaderships.

Alleria will make a return to World of Warcraft at some point, but her loner-personality and fierce loyalty to the Forest of Qual'thalas would most likely leave her in a stand-alone position/faction, rather than allying herself with anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
stop.
trying.
to.

STEAL!

alliance.
heroes.

seriously the horde needs to develop its own, for the last time legendary alliance heroes who have fought against the horde trying to exterminate them and their kin are not going to join up especially when their husband is the supreme commander of said alliance and led them to victory.

ask blizzard to build upon Rommath or Lor'themar or that bloodwatcher guy who seems cool, or Aethas, or Haulduron OR lady Liadrin I mean come on now this is getting silly you cannot keep picking the choice alliance lore you like and expect it will not effect the story

Since I hope that you can carry a conversation and discussion better than the other very uhm...zealous human death knight. Let´s view it as this.

Alleria Windrunner, she was an alliance hero back during the second war, but she commited to the war only after the burning of Quel´thalas, which could show that first and foremost she harbor a fierce love and passions for her homeland. During the alliance forces campaign she start to get drawn to the human commander and paladin Turalyon (ugh...thank Knaak, but well that is a discussion for another thread and no matter what it is lore now) and she engage in a romantic relationship with him. During the time on outland they have gotten a child into the picture.

Now what I have to ask you is why you have to see Alleria as an alliance heror, instead of first and foremost a high elven hero (during the time when there was no blood elf faction at all). Which then raise the question if it would not be a good thing (if we assume that high elf never will become playable), if they used Alleria as a racial hero for a race that right now have none (blood elves and gnomes are the only ones that come into mind right now), especially considering that she first and foremost is an elven hero and that she second of all WAS an alliance hero (only blizz and the future and show if she will remain one or not.)

Furthermore would it not be intresting that in an expansion with Turalyon and Alleria have Alleria allying with the blood elves and secondly the Horde, while Turalyon would allying himself with the humans of stormwind and thus secondly the Alliance. To see how they during the expansion try to keep the Alliance and Horde from going into full war and ultimately put their relationship on the line.

Lastly I want to clarify that I do not think that Alleria logically or obviously have to be a blood elf, but I cannot say that she HAVE to be and remain high elf either, ultimately Blizzard can go either way with this. Storywise though it have to be clear that to have Alleria on the blood elf side would mean the best outcome story and game wise, first of all racial pride for a playable race instead of a racial symbol for a race that play the role of NPC only. Furthermore the high elves already have Varessa. To have Alleria in the blood elf faction would also be intresting seeing the interaction between the windrunner sisters, Alleria versus Varessa, and finally and more specifically Alleria and Sylvanas. I would love to see Sylvanas trying to blackmail Alleria and she did with Lor´themar.

Anyhow food for thought I hope, ultimately we have to wait and see how blizzard will go with it, I know that I await the outcome eagerly atleast.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Well it's intresting, i think it would be rather strange for her to be a loner type character considering she has a son she hasn't seen for years... and she wouldn't just leave her husband
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 14:44Posted by Kandiy
I've noticed of course the flaws with my story the sunwell being renewed meaning elves no longer need to draw fel energies and such....
Unless she returns to Quel'thalas and the sunwell, I doubt she'd be renewed all the way over on Outland.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
stop.
trying.
to.

STEAL!

alliance.
heroes.

Since I hope that you can carry a conversation and discussion better than the other very uhm...zealous human death knight. Let´s view it as this.

Alleria Windrunner, she was an alliance hero back during the second war, but she commited to the war only after the burning of Quel´thalas, which could show that first and foremost she harbor a fierce love and passions for her homeland. During the alliance forces campaign she start to get drawn to the human commander and paladin Turalyon (ugh...thank Knaak, but well that is a discussion for another thread and no matter what it is lore now) and she engage in a romantic relationship with him. During the time on outland they have gotten a child into the picture.

Now what I have to ask you is why you have to see Alleria as an alliance heror, instead of first and foremost a high elven hero (during the time when there was no blood elf faction at all). Which then raise the question if it would not be a good thing (if we assume that high elf never will become playable), if they used Alleria as a racial hero for a race that right now have none (blood elves and gnomes are the only ones that come into mind right now), especially considering that she first and foremost is an elven hero and that she second of all WAS an alliance hero (only blizz and the future and show if she will remain one or not.)

Furthermore would it not be intresting that in an expansion with Turalyon and Alleria have Alleria allying with the blood elves and secondly the Horde, while Turalyon would allying himself with the humans of stormwind and thus secondly the Alliance. To see how they during the expansion try to keep the Alliance and Horde from going into full war and ultimately put their relationship on the line.

Lastly I want to clarify that I do not think that Alleria logically or obviously have to be a blood elf, but I cannot say that she HAVE to be and remain high elf either, ultimately Blizzard can go either way with this. Storywise though it have to be clear that to have Alleria on the blood elf side would mean the best outcome story and game wise, first of all racial pride for a playable race instead of a racial symbol for a race that play the role of NPC only. Furthermore the high elves already have Varessa. To have Alleria in the blood elf faction would also be intresting seeing the interaction between the windrunner sisters, Alleria versus Varessa, and finally and more specifically Alleria and Sylvanas. I would love to see Sylvanas trying to blackmail Alleria and she did with Lor´themar.

Anyhow food for thought I hope, ultimately we have to wait and see how blizzard will go with it, I know that I await the outcome eagerly atleast.

I really enjoyed reading this i would love it if sylvanas and alleria were allied and particularly how the relationship between the two people develop but most importantly how alleria will react once she finds out what happened to her homeland < Scourge siege of silvermoon>
In how her king was slain aswell as her sister and even better how she will react to he sister as undead
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Redemptioner,
The Alliance and Horde of the Second War are not the same Alliance and Horde that you see in World of Warcraft. They're under completely new morals, ideals and leaderships.

Alleria will make a return to World of Warcraft at some point, but her loner-personality and fierce loyalty to the Forest of Qual'thalas would most likely leave her in a stand-alone position/faction, rather than allying herself with anyone.

that sounds suspiciously like neutral talk to me...

you know if it was just her and that was the reasoning (sounds okay to be honest) then I would be fine

but we have had the druid lore stripped to neutral, paladin and knight lore stripped to neutral, kirin tor and most mages stripped to neutral, major allies of the red dragon flight stripped to neutral

adding in the loss of the kingdom of quel'thalas and lordaeron to the horde and I have to put my foot down.

okay consider this, if she is fiercely loyal to her homeland then she would protect it (like her sister Alleria who came to her homeland when Amani forces were building up)

and I would not mind technically if Alleria on her own was neutral but she is also husband to Turalyon, I have seen Tyrande and Malfurions relationship with one being a major alliance character and one being a neutral leader and it does not work for me.

the idea that one spouse will be fighting in the alliance all out against the horde while the other is neutral and equally open arms to both sides seems and claims members of the spuses group who are enraged at this are "unreasonable" is horrible.

if she was not Turalyons husband I would give your idea the go ahead, but mark my words when Turalyon comes back he will be holding an alliance flag and fighting the horde and I suspect his wife will be by his side
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Redemptioner,

you know if it was just her and that was the reasoning (sounds okay to be honest) then I would be fine

but we have had the druid lore stripped to neutral, paladin and knight lore stripped to neutral, kirin tor and most mages stripped to neutral, major allies of the red dragon flight stripped to neutral

adding in the loss of the kingdom of quel'thalas and lordaeron to the horde and I have to put my foot down.

okay consider this, if she is fiercely loyal to her homeland then she would protect it (like her sister Alleria who came to her homeland when Amani forces were building up)

and I would not mind technically if Alleria on her own was neutral but she is also husband to Turalyon, I have seen Tyrande and Malfurions relationship with one being a major alliance character and one being a neutral leader and it does not work for me.

the idea that one spouse will be fighting in the alliance all out against the horde while the other is neutral and equally open arms to both sides seems and claims members of the spuses group who are enraged at this are "unreasonable" is horrible.

if she was not Turalyons husband I would give your idea the go ahead, but mark my words when Turalyon comes back he will be holding an alliance flag and fighting the horde and I suspect his wife will be by his side

You see i find this a problem.... The lack of strong female characters that don't hide behind a man -.-
Edited by Kandiy on 10/02/2012 17:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 17:44Posted by Lyonessa

okay with you so far, and I really think if Knaak had not paired Alleria with Turalyon she could be horde, I really do

well I consider her an alliance and high elf hero. As the high elfs are at the throats of the horde, as we know that one lodge was attacked by agents of Sylvannas (and later they turned wretched and my theory was a fel cursed object trap) and another lodge was attacked by forsakern in cataclysm in hinterlands I consider her being horde unlikely.

BUT! her being neutral is possible! consider the Lor'themar short story, Haulduron and Rommath considered ditching the horde as they were enraged at Sylvannas strongarming and threatening them,

now consider that most acts of aggression against high elfs are forsakern and their you have a case, but due to game mechanics it is unlikely

but to ally with the horde is to betray the alliance and swear fealty to the warchief, we know the alliance high elfs view the blood elfs as traitors and vice versa, and though it sounds interesting a relationship would not last.

Alleria being horde means killing alliance, now considering she has got a huge statue of honour showing how much the alliance appreciate her (and she is called a lost alliance hero) the idea of her joining the blood elfs which means turning on the other high elfs loyalists seems not likely.

if high elfs and blood elfs went utterly neutral and withdrew themselves from the conflict then maybe, but what kind of wife would side with the enemies of her husband/ supreme commander when the horde have got several enemies she would hate on sight and have prooven friends in the alliance?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Redemptioner,

First of all I have to correct you on one direct eyesore in this text, the loss of Quel´thalas to the horde. Excuse me but Quel´thalas is the home of the blood elves and it was the blood elves that actually stayed to protect it. The reasoning why blizzard placed Blood elves with the horde is discussion for an eniterly diffrent thread though, but claiming that the Alliance have lost Quel´thalas and Lorderon sounds bad to my ears. It is more that the inhabitants of said countries have delfected from the alliance to the horde (can be up to debate if Quel´thalas was really a part the alliance to begin with.)

The discussion about the druids and paladins and their stupid neutrality, I will completely agree with you, nothing short of outrageous. And kirin tor....even though the blood elves was there to found and start the faction, helping them with teaching humans magic, setting up magical protection wards against demons and such I could accept if they kicked the Blood elves out for allying with the horde, I really could.

And finally, your reasoning for Alleria to stay with the alliance would be to more or less become Turalyons arm candy, kinda like Tyrande is for Malfurion is Knaaks horrendous books, would it not be more intresting to try and seperate both these very intresting characters and let their stories blossom seperately?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

also quite interested in what blizzard decide to do and a windrunner reunion sounds AMAZING regardless of faction, I have a sneaking suspicion Vareesa might die, she is unpopular with the fanbase and should have an axe to grind with Sylvannas due to forsakern attacks on high elfs.

Alleria however missed the blood elf transformation phase, Kael'thas and his cronies were taught by Illidan and Rommath was sent to quel'thalas to teach them in turn, the sunwell is active and thus blood elfs have no need to mana siphon to sustain themselves, Alleria could be a neutral high elf (and if you have your way horde high elf)

but I do not understand how and why she would actually turn into a blood elf, the mag'har do not corrupt themselves to look like greenskinned orcs and they are allies

10/02/2012 17:52Posted by Kandiy
You see i find this a problem.... The lack of strong female characters that don't hide behind a man -.-

sadly this is true and if she was not hooke to an alliance husband it could be possible but wow has a tendency to make females "satellite characters" unfortunate but that is the lore
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
stop.
trying.
to.

STEAL!

alliance.
heroes.

Alleria's duty was to Quel'thalas, infact she only got involved in the war after Quel'thalas' forest's were burned.
Taking into account here High elven/Human son and her Human husband she has reason to stay alliance.... But the alliance she fought for and the current alliance are completely different, the alliance Alleria was involved in was hellbend on stopping the DEMONIC horde on draenor lead by ner'zhul, the current horde isn't like that.

Personally. I would like Alleria to join the Sin'dorei I would just personally find that more intresting. I would just love to see a scene with Sylvanas and Alleria meeting each other for the first time since there seperation.... I can just picture it...

With Vereesa.. who cares she's shown no development and just stands behind her husband...
Maybe Alleria finally makes Sylvanas see sense and advert her from the dark path she's heading down

♥ Ellie ♥
Edited by Ellieviasa on 10/02/2012 18:15 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
stop.
trying.
to.

STEAL!

alliance.
heroes.

Let me start counting Horde heroes that can pwn your guys. Only guy i respect in allys is Lothar.
Now for Horde:

Grom, Garrosh (yes Garrosh), Thrall, Broxigar, Doomhammer, Blackhand, Rexxar, Cairne, Vol'jin, Sen'jin, Durotan, Drek'thar, Dranosh Saurfang, Varok Saurfang etc.
Edited by Unholyftw on 10/02/2012 18:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 18:04Posted by Lyonessa
First of all I have to correct you on one direct eyesore in this text, the loss of Quel´thalas to the horde. Excuse me but Quel´thalas is the home of the blood elves and it was the blood elves that actually stayed to protect it. The reasoning why blizzard placed Blood elves with the horde is discussion for an eniterly diffrent thread though, but claiming that the Alliance have lost Quel´thalas and Lorderon sounds bad to my ears. It is more that the inhabitants of said countries have delfected from the alliance to the horde (can be up to debate if Quel´thalas was really a part the alliance to begin with.)

okay let me rephrase, "lost to the horde" as players looking at warcraft note that these kingdoms used to be alliance and are now horde kingdoms.

not conquered, defected in a sence sure but still annoying that alliance seems to be loosing its unique feeling and not being replaced with anything.

if we had something ANYTHING done with Gilneas, stromgarde rebuilt kul turas to replace theramore I would be happy as that is DEVELOPING the alliance but for now it is STAGNATING and I really despise it

The discussion about the druids and paladins and their stupid neutrality, I will completely agree with you, nothing short of outrageous. And kirin tor....even though the blood elves was there to found and start the faction, helping them with teaching humans magic, setting up magical protection wards against demons and such I could accept if they kicked the Blood elves out for allying with the horde, I really could.

thanks for agreement, horde hate playing alliance "flavour" content and I hate loosing all my alliance lore and seeing no relevant alliance mages/ paladins/ knights/ druids as all the notable ones (these were staples of the alliance remember) went neutral, very annoying

and the idea of blood elfs brin kicked out and getting Dalaran back is awesome, we seen in Lor'themars story that they accuse the kirin tor for locking the blood elfs up and imagine a horde floating city with blood elf mages and forsakern architecture? everyone wins!

And finally, your reasoning for Alleria to stay with the alliance would be to more or less become Turalyons arm candy, kinda like Tyrande is for Malfurion is Knaaks horrendous books, would it not be more intresting to try and seperate both these very intresting characters and let their stories blossom seperately?

If they did that I would hand ALleria over to the horde wrapped up with a pretty red bow!

having Turalyon RAGE and I do mean rage, breaking the relationship up as he learns of alliance recent history and show disgust that Alleria still sees the blood elfs as her people would be awesome! have him tell her that "those noble elfs who died pure mourn in their graves for siding with subhuman orcs and trolls and blood traitors and undead monstrosities that continue to hunt the last pure high elfs!"

Having a female character not being arm candy and having some real harcore lover scorn with them out to kill each other for each others percieved betrayal would just be sweet.

I mean their son notes Turalyon is his farther (he is a half elf) and he does not even mention his mother while he dreams of his farther. If they disowned Alleria and we got some serious alliance vs horde lore then count me in.

Alleria having political war with Sylvannas for humilating the blood elfs would be cool
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Let me start counting Horde heroes that can pwn your guys. Only guy i respect in allys is Lothar.
Now for Horde:

Grom, Garrosh (yes Garrosh), Thrall, Broxigar, Doomhammer, Blackhand, Rexxar, Cairne, Vol'jin, Sen'jin, Durotan, Drek'thar, Dranosh Saurfang, Varok Saurfang etc.

I mentioned the blood elf heroes in place of taking Alleria.. THey can be developed instead of stagnating

besides many you mentioned are dead and no longer relevant

Alleria's duty was to Quel'thalas, infact she only got involved in the war after Quel'thalas' forest's were burned.
Taking into account here High elven/Human son and her Human husband she has reason to stay alliance.... But the alliance she fought for and the current alliance are completely different, the alliance Alleria was involved in was hellbend on stopping the DEMONIC horde on draenor lead by ner'zhul, the current horde isn't like that.

well the horde has done some pretty f*cked up stuff and killed a lot of civillians and the forsakern are a glaring example as why Alleria should not join the horde in place of her allies.. the alliance!

With Vereesa.. who cares she's shown no development and just stands behind her husband...
Maybe Alleria finally makes Sylvanas see sense and advert her from the dark path she's heading down

♥ Ellie ♥

Sylvannas is already pure evil she is going to hell and has slaughtered entire towns and has enslaved people, had them experimented on. ripped up to make abominations, and tried very hard to have the remaining high elfs slaughtered.

Of all the characters I like Sylvannas is high up, but for the love of the light do not give her a cheap redemption and hand-wave all her many crimes, I already face-palm as people try to whitewash the orcs
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
If Alleria joined the Blood Elves it would be alittle weird ... she is Quel'dorei ''A blue eye'' Now the OP post is intresting saying that she absorb energies in the nether changing her eye colour etc and being away from the sunwell on outland she wouldn't have it energies to sate her so she would have to continue feeding, now i would love her to join the horde her and sylvanas, the greatest rangers ever seen they would be a unstoppable force and with my earlier post she could help sylvanas overcome her dark streak and not... you know end up being killed by the argent crusade... for likeness to the lich king

♥ Ellie ♥
Edited by Ellieviasa on 10/02/2012 18:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I mentioned the blood elf heroes in place of taking Alleria.. THey can be developed instead of stagnating

No loner relevant? And your guys that are dead are relevant? Alleria could be dead too you know. These guys are indeed relevant.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Now for Horde:

well the horde has done some pretty f*cked up stuff and killed a lot of civillians and the forsakern are a glaring example as why Alleria should not join the horde in place of her allies.. the alliance!

♥ Ellie ♥

Sylvannas is already pure evil she is going to hell and has slaughtered entire towns and has enslaved people, had them experimented on. ripped up to make abominations, and tried very hard to have the remaining high elfs slaughtered.

Of all the characters I like Sylvannas is high up, but for the love of the light do not give her a cheap redemption and hand-wave all her many crimes, I already face-palm as people try to whitewash the orcs

You mention Alleria should rejoin the alliance her allies.
But the alliance your talking about aren't her allies maybe yes she fought along said some of them but she fought for a completely different alliance and the horde she fought against was a different horde.

While i understand what you were talking about regarding Sylvanas, I believe Alleria will mourn her sister and set out trying to redeem her once she realises she is among the realm of living, even Vereesa felt distraught when she found out Sylvanas died and lashed out at her cousin when he recklessly called her a banshee.

♥ Ellie ♥
Edited by Ellieviasa on 10/02/2012 18:39 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]