Cross-realm Arena

85 Tauren Druid
What do you guys think about the idea cross-realm Arena, so if you got some friends on a server you do not play on, you still be able to invite them to do arenas with you. And the invite could maybe instead of just be the name you have to type, the server should be there aswell <name>-Stormscale etc. So you can do cross-realm arena instead of only cross-realm raiding, rbg's, bg's and so on.
Reply Quote
Different battlegroups son
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Would be so sick to implement that but battlegroups is the reason it can't happen for 3s/5s
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
03/02/2012 20:59Posted by Mike
It already works for RBG's. End of season RBG title is also dependant on your rank on your Battlegroup.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Well as Rooted said it already works for RBG's and do it cross-realm so I can't see why you can't do arenas cross-realm.
Reply Quote
89 Human Death Knight
03/02/2012 20:59Posted by Mike
The queue system takes teams from other battlegroups if no opponent is found in like 6 minutes, so your argument is invalid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I'm guessing that if they were to implement it, they would probably make the members of the team get ranked by the battlegroup the team itself was made on, I guess.

Team made on Misery, players from other realms will receive titles according to misery's Battlegroup.

Although that does open up for exploitation, make team on another realm(a bad bg) and invite members to it that are on another BG, and play on that realm and get rating up.

Would be very confusing how the ranking system would work.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'm guessing that if they were to implement it, they would probably make the members of the team get ranked by the battlegroup the team itself was made on, I guess.

Team made on Misery, players from other realms will receive titles according to misery's Battlegroup.

Although that does open up for exploitation, make team on another realm(a bad bg) and invite members to it that are on another BG, and play on that realm and get rating up.

Would be very confusing how the ranking system would work.

Just remove Battlegroups as the arena community has decreased in cata and there are almost only 2 active battlegroups
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Not a bad idea actually. Imagine the que times, omg, always instant pretty much. So much win.

Regardless, even if we were to hope for that, I doubt it'd be possible. At least this way you could do x-realm arenas. I like it that suggestion!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why not just make 1 gigantic server ? :) no more cross realm stupidity, no more "dead / packed" servers. AND all friends same place :)
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
19/02/2012 12:48Posted by Charlemagne
Why not just make 1 gigantic server ? :) no more cross realm stupidity, no more "dead / packed" servers. AND all friends same place :)

Imagine the lag.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Imagine the lag.

Pretty much. Todays server technology is not capable of handling that without severe "traffic jams". Atleast not the ones that are economically advisable.

Not to speak about what the 1 million people in Stormwind do to your computer.
Edited by Eléctrica on 19/02/2012 13:39 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
can i play arena with a guy from another realm?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
can i play arena with a guy from another realm?

you'll be able to in 5.4
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
19/02/2012 13:39Posted by Eléctrica

Imagine the lag.

Pretty much. Todays server technology is not capable of handling that without severe "traffic jams". Atleast not the ones that are economically advisable.

Not to speak about what the 1 million people in Stormwind do to your computer.

I'm pretty sure phasing technology was implied here, like ESO hopes to do, obviously I don't know how well that's going to actually work for it, but, if it works, it sounds like a great idea. So you wouldn't be seeing 1 million people in Stormwind, you'd just get phased out or in to only see a few of the people.
Reply Quote
Remarkable innovation now players with nicknames????? will plunge on Europe xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

please dont ruin arenas like u ruined rbg :(
Reply Quote
20/07/2013 02:35Posted by Hotsugar

please dont ruin arenas like u ruined rbg :(

But there are many advantages of such innovations as an example it will be possible to walk into the arena with his friends from different servers.
And the battle will not be within the same battle group.
Although it is possible for some it's a minus.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
5.4 there are no longer teams.. you just have personal rating , and cross realm is ok
Reply Quote
5.4 there are no longer teams.. you just have personal rating , and cross realm is ok

That's true, but only partly, your partners can be stored
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]