Duplicating gems

6 Draenei Warrior
There's a big duplicate exploit going on over multiple servers. It has been confirmed by GMs that gems are being illegally duplicated and the gems are being removed from the server. So the only advice I can give you is to not buy them at all.

These exploiters are easy to spot in trade chat or Yell;
"WTS 20x[Queen's Garnet] 60k"
By the end of the day it will say 55k, 50k, 45k/stack and so on.

They keep selling huge amounts of Queen's garnet all day long with an unlimited stock, ruining the server economy every second someone buys the gems from them. The gems can and will be removed from the game by Blizzard, so DO NOT buy these gems.

Proof : http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1024/duplicateexploit.png
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Buyers are not guilty and I don't see Blizzard taking gems away from them, also considering that those gems may have been socketed already.

By "removed from the server's economy" it may as well mean that the gold value of said gems is being removed from the guilty account.

But that's just my opinion, I don't know their policy about that and may be wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

By "removed from the server's economy" it may as well mean that the gold value of said gems is being removed from the guilty account.

As AH trader that sounds kind of unfair as I can't possibly know which gems I bought (and sold for a bonus price) were duplicates.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/02/2012 12:46Posted by Herpdaderp
The gems can and will be removed from the game by Blizzard, so DO NOT buy these gems.

Just because they can be doesn't mean they will be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
O well at least it makes them cheaper for us pvpers to get hold of them more easy :p
Reply Quote
Currently a level 1 Priest and Rogue on Lightbringer spamming this.

Lizio: WTS [Queen's Garnet]x20=30k

I've made a macro leading people to this post.

Could a Blue Post please confirm if they will indeed be deleted to soldify people not to purchase these gems?
Reply Quote
Kaeron, I have seen your macro and I hope many take this by heart. Unfortunately many on our realm still buy from those "sellers" well aware that they are supporting something illegal but have all the excuses in the world why they are "right" in doing so.
I have a hunch that duplicating has spread to Inferno Rubies as well since the value of those has dropped at the same speed as the number of them offered in the AH has increased!
The Infernos could be a result of the countless "bot-farmers" which are still roaming our realm unpunished despite numerous reports and it is in a way understandable that "cheap" ore is bought in AH to compensate for the low return of the Infernos by flooding the AH in hope to sell more cheap to keep up with the falling gem prizes.
The same way exploits can be done the same way they should be able to be stopped, right? WoW is not just the beautiful scenery we spend time in but its pure and logical code which gets reverse engineered so I am 100% sure it can be fixed faster than it does at this moment.
As everything we do and say is logged it should not be a problem to stop the lvl1 dupe sellers in their tracks but this would mean that tickets made in this regard are looked at with priority and not hours later when the seller is already using another, usually stolen, account.
I get the same response to my tickets every time - Thank you for reporting it, keep it up, we will look into it - but Blue Guys, it is often too late, the damage is done and felt for many days if not weeks with the duped items circulating in our realm economy.
Ok, enough said, had to get it out of my system :D Thank you to all who try to keep our little world away from the real world clean!
Reply Quote
Another player called Foory a Night Elf Hunter level 29 announced on Trade Chat today at 13:40 server time that he was selling 100 Queen's Garnet.

The level 1 Rogue is called Siern.

They change their names often.
Edited by Kaeron on 01/03/2012 13:38 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
20 gems for 60k?
how is that ruining economy? sell them a little less and it's ok.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Buyers are not guilty and I don't see Blizzard taking gems away from them, also considering that those gems may have been socketed already.

But that's just my opinion, I don't know their policy about that and may be wrong.

IF dupe is anything like diablo2 dupe system gems are vanishing, they are not removed by blizz, they vanish itself after few hours unless permed (method to permanently keep duped stuff). cutting / socketing is changing duped gems string and they become permed that way, but some people know other methods, like quick trade cancelling and some others
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/02/2012 13:36Posted by Syous

Wrong. Even if you feel you did nothing wrong, the gems will be removed from your inventory. Socketed or not. My guildie tested this on his alt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just today I saw some lv2 person spamming the trade char for 35 queen's garnet for 60k, then later 100 queens garnet. I immediately implored people to not buy the products that person was selling and informed the gm of a duplicator. Apparently stopped someone using their 160k on the gems which might disapear into thin air and no money refunded, phew. No way someone gets their hands on 100 queen's garnet.
Edited by Nereides on 02/03/2012 00:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blues have given their judgement on this issue.

http://blue-en.mmozone.de/general/t3312963945-don-39-t-buy-queen-39-s-garnet-over-trade-channel.html

Here follows an excerpt:

On friday I've bought 300 Queen's Garnet over trade chat for 600'000 Gold. I thought it was a good deal, since the usual price on my server is 3000g each.
Anyway, a GM deletet the gems out of my inventory and I got a warning not to do such trades again. I was told that I've got an Email with the details, wich however never arrived.

After talking with three different GM's, they all confirmed that this is the new standard procedure for items, that, I quote, "were originated in illigal activities".
Although the gold I invested was made by playing the auction house, thus not originated in illegal activities, I was not refunded it and it is now lost.

And the blue respons:

I like how you missed out the very next line from that quote:

10/01/2012 15:39Posted by Irylinne
That said, if you suspect that a player is selling items of a dubious origin then steer clear.

It's true that we're not out to punish legitimate/innocent players, but by your own admission you were aware that these were potentially exploitative items. That doesn't incriminate you, but it means that you cannot hide behinds claims of ignorance.

If you wish to discuss this further then I suggest you email WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]