[4.3.2] Hood of the Malefic + PvP recolor "changes"

90 Undead Warlock
Hello, fellow locks!

Upon updating today, I couldn't help but notice that the Vengeful Gladiator's Felweave Cowl that I use for transmogrification had suddently become red. Asked other guildies to check that for me, and the result was the same... it was red, like the Malefic set, and not blue like the Vengeful set.

Also worth mentioning, it is the only piece that was changed - the rest of the sets look the same. So I wondered, "What the heck did these guys touch, to break this item!". I wanted to see if it was only the helm, or if the wings were changed as well... but they didn't come out. For a moment, I thought that they had even removed the wing effect!

And then I jumped. Much to my surprise, the wings suddenly popped... then dissapeared. Tried jumping again, and there were the wings again! So... yes, apparently they thought it'd be "fun" if the Wings deployed when you jumped, as if one were Count Dracula. An arguable idea at best... but worse still, the effect isn't quite convincing, as wings just appear and disappear, instead of the usual "fading" effect when coming out and back in.

Madness, I tell you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yep, both the Hood of the Malefic and the Vengeful Gladiator's Felweave Cowl are now red and no longer randomly proc the wing animation but instead only proc it when you jump - which glitches as the wings appears and then disappears instantly, and when you roar - which gives the full animation.

I am assuming this is a bug because if it isn't this change is ridiculus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Speaking of the Malefic set, why the blazes is the belt Grey instead of properly matching the set :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Another stealth nerf to us Warlocks! What is it the Demons of Blizzard have against us anyway?

Edit: This from the General Forum:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313032335
Edited by Felmary on 02/02/2012 09:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/02/2012 03:22Posted by Lentar
Speaking of the Malefic set, why the blazes is the belt Grey instead of properly matching the set :(

That's because the T6 boots/belt/wrists are considered Sunwell content, and therefore fit the Sunwell sets (same happens with other classes, not just locks). The matching belt for T6 is Anetheron's Noose from Hyjal.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
i prefer it this way, being able to whip out your wings when you want them is pretty cool, instead of them just randomly proccing clientside
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
want the blue colour back!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yes, those wings are pathetic. Why change something that already were ok and if they did, why make it a change for the worse? ^^

Edit: Didnt check date! Dont reply to this thread ppl, bring it here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313032335 Its just as old but has been kept active.
Edited by Liandri on 06/06/2012 17:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I suspect that it's a coding change of some sort that Blizzard didn't realise would affect S3 and the Malefic set. There are a fair few random errors in the game which make so little sense that tey really have to be written off as that (I'm looking at you, Replica Deathmist Mask).

I imagine Blizzard will get around to fixing it sooner or later. You could probably flag it up by posting in the bugs forum.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
i love jumping around with wings don't take it away from me >:O
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/02/2012 12:51Posted by Morkatis
And then I jumped. Much to my surprise, the wings suddenly popped... then dissapeared. Tried jumping again, and there were the wings again!

Aye making every gotdamn warlock and his mother jump around like a frost mage on steroids just to see that glitchy proc.. woulda thought the charm would be lost after the first 50 jumps, but no.... that warlock is still jumping around..... /wrist
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]