feral pvp crit>mastery?

85 Worgen Druid
So im gearing my kitty for pvp again and I'm noticing I seem to do much nicer burst with just mangle and ferocious bite spams as opposed to keeping rip and rake up. To this end I'm considering stacking crit instead of the standard mastery but I'm not entirely convinced this would increase my damage output. I'm looking at this mainly for bgs purposes, no serious arenas of rbgs really. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
No, tbh as you only gain like 10% crit max while you suffer more than 20% (?) bleed damage. Also I have 40% crit while stacking mastery wich is more than enough. To little gain in my opinion but I can see it be useful if you are playing like fmp and rely on a huge burst more than stable damage but then again I feel like my burst is amazing anyways without crit.
Edited by Lejd on 02/02/2012 23:56 GMT
Reply Quote
Mastery is more reliable, because you cant do constant DPS to your target, most for tiem you open, bleed, restealth and no one would allow you to DPS your target for about 15 seconds.
But, yes, crit would be more useful when target's teammates on CC.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Mastery all the way - Energy pooling and mastery is the way too go..

Open - bleeds - pool your energy up - repeat.

Its better to line up 2-3 set of burst sessions then mashing that shred button of yours and getting one shred in every 4 seconds..
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Although when I think of it crit could result in a faster cp earning wich could be useful. But go with mastery it provides more damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]