MoP - PvP spec/talents

Well, i'm just wondering will you stay as sub or go for something else in pandaria. I'm realy bored with subletly atm. Every single rogue out there is sub in pvp. But what i sow it will stay same in pandaria. I like assasination alot, but can anyone please explain me this thing about poisons, lethal and non lethal ? Because i was wondering, you need to have something to slow target, so one choice is cripling poison or deadly brew talent. And deadly poison in main hand because of shiv change. And what i sow mutilate doesen't requier daggers anymore, but if you don't use them you loose assassin's resolve, so is it worth or go for fast weapons because this spec is all about poisons ? Can you please write down your spec + talents for pvp in pandaria.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hard to tell. We are not even close to MoP lauch, so much will still change.

But with the new talent setup, all the rogue specs will be viable to a certain point. Something will always be better.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Assassination.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
There are a great many Rogues who dread being forced back to Mutilate and if the current prep/step on the same tier persists it could gut Subtlety to the point Mutilate will be the only viable option. I thought the talents are supposed to be actual choices, but as it stands there is no choice because of how powerful Preparation is going to be with evasion and cloak added back to it.
Reply Quote
Well, but still what i see, mutilate will have good sustained dmg, but subletly will still have good energy and combo point regeneration and burst. I'm still a bit confused in poisons, and if there is no mutilate requierment for daggers, would it be smart to use fist/swords/maces , you would do more dmg per hit, alot more. Well i just hope thet there will be different specialization in pvp, i don't like idea of all running mutilate, like they run subletly now.
I would go for assasination and following talents:
Subterfuge ->cheap shot > garrot
Deadly throw -> slow + interupt at range
Leeching poison or elusiveness
Preparation
Deadly brew > crippling poison
Shuriken toss > combined with deadly throw , versatility (no shadow step, so no point of fast switching, anticipation ( i can't remember last time i over caped commbo poinst)

Looking other classes, we got realy bad talents.... Who will ever pick nightstalker in first tier !?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
16/02/2012 21:09Posted by Morzh
Who will ever pick nightstalker in first tier !?

In Arenas it can be crucial to get the 1st Sap in, thus making opening on the other team easier. Speed shouldn't be underrated.

I'd kinda like some clarification on the Poisons... In PvE, are we still gonna go Instant+Deadly, or can we only use 1 Leather Poison at a time? I'm not sure if there's ever been a clear answer to that. If there's no such limitation than I can't see use ever using Non-Leather Poisons while raiding, due to the DPS loss. However, if there is an actual rule put in place, where we always have to have at least one utility poison, that changes the whole game. Then the question is, why would we ever choose Instant over Deadly? I think this question has a less obvious answer.

Seems like the main idea behind these talents is about choosing playstyle. Do you want to manage everything, or do you want things just passively happen? Do you want to just not die, or do you want control over your survivability? It's a pretty good idea, and I can see myself tailoring my talent set differently for most encounters.

However, Preparation still seems out of place. Shadowstep and Burst of Speed are 2 very strong Mobility abilities, but Prep gives you that + Utility + DPS (if you are Assa or Sub). It's just not a real choice, unless you are Combat. For PvP, I can't really see you taking anything else, never mind the spec. It's just too strong. The easy solution is to make it baseline, since it's fairly obvious Rogue PvP will be balanced around Prep for another expansion. The better solution would be to remove it altogether and balance our CDs on their own merits. Coming up with a 3rd gap closer to compete on equal terms with ShS and BoS isn't that hard. You could go with something Enrage-related or even have some kind of Death Grip -mechanic going on (effectively a backwards Shadowstep). There's plenty of other options too.
Reply Quote
I'd like to express my concern of the choice between prep and shs as well. Both these abilities are immensely important for rogues in pvp.

Prep for survivability and shs to close gaps.

edit: I dont see warriors having to choose between shieldwall and charge what the hell :S
Edited by Krahzilian on 17/02/2012 16:58 GMT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
17/02/2012 00:53Posted by Drustan
Who will ever pick nightstalker in first tier !?

In Arenas it can be crucial to get the 1st Sap in, thus making opening on the other team easier. Speed shouldn't be underrated.

I really doubt the 5% speed is going to help much with that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#cb!102202
Edited by Eléctrica on 17/02/2012 17:18 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

edit: I dont see warriors having to choose between shieldwall and charge what the hell :S

Well no, but Warriors will lose a ton of self-healing however since you have to make the choice between Second Wind or Enraged Regeneration, still nowhere close to having to choose between Prep or ShS however.
For pvp however i think Rogues got the short hand in this, its been a very long time since Evasion was a bad choice against a Warrior but with MoP, Overpower has been immensely buffed and will most likely completely wreck a Rogue using Evasion.

Either way from a Warrior point of view, i easily can see that Rogues will have a much harder time against Warriors in pvp due to a huge amount of reasons, like for example 70% Crippling having 10s cooldown *hi poison dispel*, being unable to dodge any of the Warriors new stuns, Evasion becoming a deathtrap due to the new overpower, losing ShS or Prep etc.
Reply Quote
Well, about warriors and rogues, what i sow by talents, it will be 50% 50% chance to win with same gear and skill, since we can easly pick talents to counter you goodly, against warrior i would go for :
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#ca!121002

But it is realy true, our talents look really lame compared to others, i perosnaly think that sub is OP at the moment in PvP. I think this changes in MoP bring some balance to our class, but still we could get some new intersting talents, i like few ideas from rogues design

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988671252

And still did you sow mutilate, there is no requierment for daggers, what you think about it ? Would it be worth to play with 2X 2.6 speed weapons ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
18/02/2012 08:43Posted by Cielol
Either way from a Warrior point of view, i easily can see that Rogues will have a much harder time against Warriors in pvp due to a huge amount of reasons, like for example 70% Crippling having 10s cooldown *hi poison dispel*, being unable to dodge any of the Warriors new stuns, Evasion becoming a deathtrap due to the new overpower, losing ShS or Prep etc.

Dispells have cooldowns aswell. And if you have to choose from dispelling a cc against dispelling a poison.. what would you do?

Yeah, not dispell the poison.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
There are a great many Rogues who dread being forced back to Mutilate and if the current prep/step on the same tier persists it could gut Subtlety to the point Mutilate will be the only viable option. I thought the talents are supposed to be actual choices, but as it stands there is no choice because of how powerful Preparation is going to be with evasion and cloak added back to it.[/quotei always enjoyed assassination in pvp

[quote="33824043725"]There are a great many Rogues who dread being forced back to Mutilate and if the current prep/step on the same tier persists it could gut Subtlety to the point Mutilate will be the only viable option. I thought the talents are supposed to be actual choices, but as it stands there is no choice because of how powerful Preparation is going to be with evasion and cloak added back to it.

assassination is quite fun to play,although i havent played it since wotlk and only for bg's.
i gemmed for armorpen and had nearly 50% mastery .the damage through bleeds and poisons was insane.give assassi the mobilty and survivabilty of sub and there would be little that could stand in our way.
Reply Quote
All ignoring my mutilate question!!!

And still did you sow mutilate, there is no requierment for daggers, what you think about it ? Would it be worth to play with 2X 2.6 speed weapons ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]