Wanted to see the deathwing fight but...

80 Draenei Priest
I quit wow before the deathwing patch and wanted to see the epic battle going down on youtube. But all I see is videos of a raid running around killing some lava spines... -.-

Very underwhelming, is that really the legendary showdown with deathwing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
4.3 has been a terrible patch
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
Yes.

Go try it out, it is epic.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Yes.

Go try it out, it is epic.

Its not :<
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
The reasoning behind it is that Deathwing is so massive and powerful that simply going toe to toe with him would be impossible. I mean, his head alone is bigger than any other aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What did you expect, another dragon fight, with tank in the front, rest by the side of Deathwing because you get tail swiped in the back? Deathwing was more than that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You haven't even done it and you're kicking up a fuss?

Sure it's quite underwhelming, but LFR is one of the main contributers to that, I feel. The fight has no real difference on LFR than on normal or heroic. The main difference being is that there's more damage and mob health. LFR is faceroll and nullifies its actual purpose which is to let players feel like part of the story. It's hard to feel like part of the story when there's x amount of people whinging about loot, y amount of people not doing their job properly and z amount of people whinging about x and y. So, once you stumble your way out of the cesspool of LFR after having killed Deathwing, doing it again on normal mode is very underwhelming since you've already done it on the loleasy mode and there's no difference between the 2 modes.

It destroys any immersion, and LFR itself is pointless if it's just for the story considering you need not do tier 11 or 12 raids at all. It's like buying a book, and skipping right to the final chapter.

17/02/2012 12:32Posted by Wraìth
is that really the legendary showdown with deathwing?

Think of it like trying to flush a large spider which is clinging to the outer rim, and you have to bat the legs off with a newspaper.

Besides, I'll be honest. I did expect more from the fight. But then with the current engine, I suppose it would be rather difficult / technologically impossible to do any more. *Hint hint*
Edited by Krisandra on 17/02/2012 14:00 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
You really wanted to see A tank turning him around so others don't get hit and DPS doing their job? Hes way to big for that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
17/02/2012 13:55Posted by Krisandra
is that really the legendary showdown with deathwing?

Think of it like trying to flush a large spider which is clinging to the outer rim, and you have to bat the legs off with a newspaper.

I wish I could sig this.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warrior
17/02/2012 14:23Posted by Jessicka

I wish I could sig this.

I completely agree. Best fight summary, ever.
Reply Quote
Community
17/02/2012 13:55Posted by Krisandra

I love that description so hard :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
17/02/2012 15:19Posted by Takralus

Then even a Blizzard employee acknowledged that the fight is one of the worst in the game.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
17/02/2012 15:26Posted by Samára
Then even a Blizzard employee acknowledged that the fight is one of the worst in the game.

How?

I personally thought the fight was quite epic, and so did a number of people in the beginning who came to the forums to say something about it. I believe that over time, one gets bored and one's opinion of these things change.
Reply Quote
Community

/facepalm
How you can deduct that from my comment, I have no clue.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The blue's are having the pre-weekend post marathon :o

Hello Mr Blue, thank you for gracing us with your presence
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Textbook examples of why Blizzard Community Managers seldom post. The threadtrain is being derailed with either flaming or "Blizz :O".

*Sigh*
Edited by Krisandra on 17/02/2012 15:49 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Textbook examples of why Blizzard Community Managers seldom post. The threadtrain is being derailed.

*Sigh*

Fine, ill list my opinion on the original post just for your benefit, or the forum's benefit so the blue does not get flamed.

I enjoyed the Deathwing fight all aspects of the fight actually and im looking forward to doing it on heroic before MoP Also.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
There is nothing wrong with giving negative feedback about a certain aspect of the game, but when blues post, their words tend to get twisted into something else quite easily. That's pretty much what Krisandra was saying.

Regarding Deathwing though, I love the battle music attached to the fight. This is part of where that epic feeling stems from for me!
Edited by Danellos on 17/02/2012 15:54 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Well the Maelstrom became a giant toilet and we have to flush Deathwing!

Well what disappointed people about this fight is the fact that there's no extra phase in heroic mode like Ragnaros which was pretty epic. Also repeating the same task 4 times didn't feel too epic. Not the best fight ever but not that bad either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/02/2012 12:32Posted by Wraìth
Very underwhelming, is that really the legendary showdown with deathwing?

Pray tell what you expected?

2 Tanks standing by his head, The rest of the Raid on his body?

Of course you wouldn't encounter him face to face, he's too large!

You think it's not an epic encounter?;

You have to Parachute A-Team style onto the Destroyer's back, and rip his body armour - Which are extensions to his own body, from him while clutching on for dear life as he speeds around the sky and rolls around.

Then, having been enraged and shot down, you have to force him back, while he clutches for his own life to avoid being strewn across the Maelstrom. You have the powerful Aspects at your back. He casts a spell that will destroy the world!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]