Kil'jaedens Cunning Suggestion.

1 Orc Warlock
Alot of people are annoyed at kil'jaedens cunning because it doubles cast times making some spells take a VERY long time to cast.

A suggestion could be to make spells 50% slower not 100% which is the current design.

Though personally im totally fine with 100% this is just for people who think its really bad imo its for shorter cast times not thinks like shadowbolt, but it was just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
KJC and MF in general are rather uninteresting compared to some other ultimate tier abilities, I'd prefer if they scrapped them altogether and came up with something more interesting. Perhaps an AoE cleave/shadow volley like the one from Cunning of the Cruel for MF and something completely new for KJC, maybe a CD that empowers each spec in a different way (something along these lines: improved Meta, powerful Destro form with unending Embers, maybe some shadow dot detonation to provide situational burst for affli).
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
Destruction, rain of fire is alot stronger now, can stun and u can cast it without channeling anymore meaning u can cast multiple.

Mannoroths fury makes it a 120 yard radius.... thats AMAZING no one ever has any imagination but i do and as soon as i saw that thats what i thought of.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
AMAZING

AMAZING for popping rogues and ferals out of stealth, yes, but I could care less for this, because I don't do pvp. I'm sure the most common use for it will be to AMAZINGLY break all cc on 5-man randoms when wielded by noobs.

Also, since when 3*8=120?
Edited by Rurtsarl on 18/02/2012 08:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Unless it only works on targets in combat, in which case it's only useful against preventing enemy restealth/drinking. The ability was much more interesting before the update.

As for KJC I think it should be removed. Giving every caster in the game a cast on move is just stupid. Also, it just isn't worth it with a 100% casting time increase.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
18/02/2012 08:40Posted by Rurtsarl
AMAZING

AMAZING for popping rogues and ferals out of stealth, yes, but I could care less for this, because I don't do pvp. I'm sure the most common use for it will be to AMAZINGLY break all cc on 5-man randoms when wielded by noobs.

Also, since when 3*8=120?
true enough, but cast it three times and its some omega aoe STRONG damage if you read the numbers that is mass stunning.

its like an omega damage constant shadowfury.

truly warlocks raining down hell on earth just like you see in cutscenes, so whilst it has its downsides compared to the other two i think it is really amazing, to each their own.

"As for KJC I think it should be removed. Giving every caster in the game a cast on move is just stupid. Also, it just isn't worth it with a 100% casting time increase."

thats why i suggested 50% =D
Edited by Guldann on 18/02/2012 14:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Stacking several RoFs at the same time would be sweet indeed, but I don't think they'll let us do that - probably we'll be able to only have 1 instance of the spell active.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
17/02/2012 19:48Posted by Rurtsarl
KJC and MF in general are rather uninteresting compared to some other ultimate tier abilities, I'd prefer if they scrapped them altogether and came up with something more interesting.

I sadly agree, I like them to some extend but I cant help to think this will be our level 90 talent. The talents we should be so desperate to get, only ability I will ever consider casting on the move with the kil'jaden talent would be a fear. However a around 3 sec cast for a fear is incredible long, not sure what I'm going for.

Actually more interrested in testing the other talents than the final, which imo is kinda sad :P

EDIT : Trust me Rain of Fire wont hit players in stealth, it wont be able to stack, the stun DR will make it quite annoying for your rogue partner of yourself if you are using shadowfury.
Edited by Rmpz on 19/02/2012 20:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Archimonde's vengence, there's no other choice. It provides additional damage in PvE since 5%(30%) of all dmg you take will be taken by the bosses. It provides really good oppourtunities to turn the tables in PvP aswell.

Getting stormed by TSG putting the curse on the warrior while nuking him. You will catch most teams barehanded.

Kiljaeden's cunning and Mannroths Fury should both be changed in the same sense as Archimonde's Vengence imo. Meaning all of them provide a small passive bonus and an on use effect.

I've already suggested that Kiljaeden's Cunning can stay as it is now and have an on use effect which simply allows you to cast on the run and grant a 10% haste bonus for 10 sec on a 2 min CD. Very needed for the likes of Destruction in PvP.

I also suggested to completely revamp Mannroths Fury to be a cooldown which increased the damage of every ability you have by about 20% for 20 sec(2 min CD) if that ability did damage to more than 2 targets. Meaning if your corruption is up on more than 1 target it'll deal 20% more damage during Mannroths Fury. This intended for it to be a good multitarget/AoE tool. The passive component could stay as it is.

The numbers could be tweaked and are only there to try even up between which one would provide the most damage in PvE. In fights where you take alot of damage Archimonde's Vengence could be the best option, or if it's an Ultrxxion Fight Kiljaeden's Cunning(The haste component) would be best, or if it's heavy AoE or multitarget Mannroths Fury would fit better. All abilities would also serve good purposes in PvP.

The current abilities, except Archimonde's Vengence, are just utter bland crap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I liked the old Mannoroths Fury - a small passive splash damage ability with a more powerful use spash damage ability. Not really sure why they changed it tbh.

As for Kil'jaedens Cunning, im also a bit against giving every caster in the game a cast-while-moving ability and think this should be changed to something a little different but with the general concept of a small passive buff with a more powerful use spell.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Change Mannaroth's fury into our own personal Fel Firestorm. A Warlock twist on starfall perhaps. Its high damage can be justified by the fact that it is slow and it is possible to evade the flames. The high damage of the flames is also a good motivation to evade them, preventing the ability from becoming redundant due to low damage, causing people not to even bother avoiding it.

Also just to note, in reference to Starfall; Starfall is guaranteed to hit all targets. Fel Firestorm wouldn't be guaranteed. This gives more justification to make its damage relatively high, to make up for that fact.

If high damage is a problem, however, then cause the flames to provide utility instead of OP damage, like slows, stuns or whatever else could best fit it.

Channelled/not channelled? 25 yard radius centered on the caster, lasts for the same duration as Mannaroth's actual Fel Firestorm does.
Edited by Ornias on 24/02/2012 02:27 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]