New CPU for streaming

90 Human Mage
Hello!
I want to start streaming WOW in 720p, using Xsplit and Dxtory.
Atm Im using a AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHz and WoW is always running smooth on 60fps untill I start capturing with Dxtory, then it goes down to like 40-20.

After reading some articles and looking at prices, I´ve decided on either the Intel i5-2500k or AMD FX-8120. The i5 seems better for general gaming, but I´ve taken the AMD one in consideration because of Dxtorys ability to utilize all threads in the cpu for the video encoding process. And because it will be alot cheaper for me as I already have a mainboard with an AM3+ socket.

So my question is which of the CPUs should I invest in? Does anyone else stream with simular setups, and if so, what is your ingame fps while streaming 720p or higher?

My other specs are 8GB of DDR3 ram, Windows 7 64bit and 100/100mbps internet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That processor is fine but if you want to upgrade that bulldoser performs worse than phenoms at certain things so get a i5 2500k , asrock extreme 3 gen 3 mobo. The biggest performance upgrade would be a 2nd hardrive to record to. Also try use fraps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Do you have any sources for that? Like a benchmark on an application that supports 8 cores, like Xsplit and Dxtory. As for WoW, Im sure it wil continue to run on 60fps, its the video-encoding for the stream Im interested in.

Also this thread is about streamin video to the internet, not saving it localy, but thanks for the reply non the less!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well what graphics card are you using?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Are you sure it's not an issue where it locks your fps so it decreases amount of data sent out?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]