MoP is to be our salvation? pvp

85 Orc Warrior
Disclaimer: The whole reason for this tread is that ive seen Beta discussions be futile in vanilla & 3 expansions, one can only conclude Alfa must be a better time to start adressing our concerns.

To the point

I see so many put their faith in MoP on this forum, but i havent even seen any constructive debate or sugestions on the topic.

I hope it will come, because its really nessecery since it is this the devs use to derrive information for changes. (Yes that has acctually been known to happen, been here for 6 years and acctually saw 2 of my own suggestion bear fruit, im not claiming to be the only one who suggested them though)

We cannot expect them to come up with evrything themself since they clearly dont put that much effort into warriors for the time beeing (/small rant)

So far it looks like MoP is gonna leave warriors even weaker than now (I know, its too soon to say)

But their whole first impression layout gives a clear picture, they for some apalling reason thinks warriors are not squishy and needs their selfheals reduced even further by removing field aid talent and forcing us to choose between ER and Second Wind or the new 10%/30sec VR.
Shieldblock also goes completely out the window and SR keeps its long 25sec cd.
First they made SW useable without shield but then changed it back to Shield requirement.
While i support the idea of a warrior fighting with his shield, and even wish they would bring SS and SB back, the truth is that it makes no sence to punish us with an "Oh !@#$" button that not only is weaker than some classes that allready do better than us, but wich also lowers our pressuer by roughly 70% ( bringing Shieldslam back to arms and buffing its dammage during Shieldwall duration would somewhat compensate this)

I have seen 4 Wow releases, and truth is, initial designline rarely changes much.

In my opinion, they need to pull the warrior developer off the D3 barbarian where hes very evidently currently working. (warrior forum suggestions have been implementet on the barbarian class)

The only real improvement seems to be the Skull Warbanner,
I dont get all the excitement ppl put out over Avatar, its disarmable and CC'able, the tooltip indicate that it only grants immunity to slows & roots in its current form.
I dont belive TG+bladestorm is gonna happen, if it does it will probabley only hit with mainhand.

To look on that from a humorus side, we allready have:

-A "disarm me now!" skill
-A "Focus & Nuke me now!" skill
- in MoP we will get a "CC me now!" skill
well... you cant acuse them of not keeping in line with the excisting warrior playstyle when MoP comes out ;D

What is in my oppinion wrong with Warriors in pvp atm?

-They lack utillity and self sustained gameplay.

-They offer next to nothing for viable teamplay.

-They have clunky and poor defensive and cooldowns, and a offensive burst that is so inferior to the other classes that its beyond odd that it still remain in this state.

The suggestion part:

-Personnaly i would like to see something like the prot talent safeguard beeing tweaked and made baseline for warriors, a team component not just raw dmg like they started out with in Cata.

-Bring Shieldslam back to arms and buffing its dammage during Shieldwall to raise pressure abit during hard focusfire on the warrior, We know you devs are allready aware of this since you briefly removed the shield restriction on SW in ALFA, so here, I offer you a solution you havent seen before.

have many more but theyve allready been sugested so no need to make an allready long post any longer.

I hope you enjoyed reading.

Regards Ralor.

Edit: in before random person saying "you took some of this from the person duskedrengen on Hoodrycs blog!" We are one and the same person.
Edited by Ralorthtal on 22/02/2012 16:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Nah, Blizzard will just nerf us ...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Lets be honest, the only way is up from here. I'm a BG hero, and I feel fairly strong! Often top damage, always decent at holding a base... But thats down to experience and gear more than my class being great at the moment.

We all know Blizzard tries to balance the game around arena, and we're at a stunning 2% above 2400 in 3s/5s at the moment... So really, Blizzard can only improve us from that right? Surely we can't go down more in the first MoP season :']
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Lets be honest, the only way is up from here. I'm a BG hero, and I feel fairly strong! Often top damage, always decent at holding a base... But thats down to experience and gear more than my class being great at the moment.

We all know Blizzard tries to balance the game around arena, and we're at a stunning 2% above 2400 in 3s/5s at the moment... So really, Blizzard can only improve us from that right? Surely we can't go down more in the first MoP season :']

Shure we can go down more , we can go down from 2 % to 0 %, That is Blizzards goal
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'll play the role of the optimist [: I know it's a bad roll lol...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Well after they totally and completely destroyed my favourite class in PVP, (Warrior ofc), I will maybe not take any roll any more in MOP, or whatsoever, and my roll maybe will be to stay aside this time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Hopefully, by looking at the preview talents, we will be free HKs early on in MoP

This is a GOOD thing

Labeling us as the weakest class in the expansion we are pretty safe from nerfs and might turn out balanced in later seasons.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Wanting to make a post like this. Good you did. just brought my token to work to say:

I agree with you.

And about: Skull Warbanner

It is not exciting... (look at other classes, they have exciting stuff coming for them, warriors are being left behind)

We are being seen as useless and a laughing stock from every forum post and guide you can find about warriors and pvp..

Edit: war is my main since classic, dont know how to choose to post on it. I dont post a lot sorry.
Edited by Jadeite on 23/02/2012 11:20 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
mop will fix it™

... just like cata did
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Hopefully, by looking at the preview talents, we will be free HKs early on in MoP

This is a GOOD thing

Labeling us as the weakest class in the expansion we are pretty safe from nerfs and might turn out balanced in later seasons.

At least the mages will be out skilling you by ice lance spam
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ghostcrawler still not fired for cataclysm so...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
23/02/2012 14:38Posted by Shirei

Theres been much speculation about why they hired him in in the first place, I guess hes the most biased Dev we've ever seen, he did a great job at many things like quests and storylines, but completely ruined classbalance in pvp.

Who would have thought we would miss Kalgan? I for one do even though i played shaman at that time.

Anyway, seeing as theyr putting workforce into Titan, theres a tingeling thought in my mind...

Are we beeing used as testsubjects for how much crap you can put a playerbase through before they re-roll or quit?

Its often been stated that Warrior players are one of the hardest populations to balance because players tend to stick by them to a large degree (Despite countless nerfs one might add)

Wouldent that make us the perfect test subject for future projects in that area?
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
23/02/2012 14:38Posted by Shirei

27/02/2012 19:15Posted by Ralorthtal
Theres been much speculation about why they hired him in in the first place

I guess it's alright for GC to put warrior's in the sandbox where all the retards play.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Theres been much speculation about why they hired him in in the first place, I guess hes the most biased Dev we've ever seen, he did a great job at many things like quests and storylines, but completely ruined classbalance in pvp.

Are you telling me classbalance was better in tbc compared to wotlk and cata?
Either way you're a moron for believing that, or not having the knowledge but still present your opinion as a fact when it's wrong

Personally I think we'll be better in MoP, due to a couple of things like a reliable burst cd for once, getting back double gap closers (if specced)+ heroic leap like in early s9. Certain restrictions are gone and we get a ranged stun in a viable spec. (With viable I mean the best spec at average and not like wotlk/cata where it was situational). I think warriors were pretty great in wotlk due to our raw damage and mobility/control

Now we have even better control over the field and when utilized with amazing players like Barburas I can easily see them compete for rank1

I feel like people are just crying over "oh no we lost something that was given to us, and the new abilities don't look as fancy. Which means it'll be a """nerf"""" or "oh no we got a actual burst cd, but it can be cc'd (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE) so it'll be bad."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Well spoken :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Are you telling me classbalance was better in tbc compared to wotlk and cata?
Either way you're a moron for believing that, or not having the knowledge but still present your opinion as a fact when it's wrong

Personally I think we'll be better in MoP, due to a couple of things like a reliable burst cd for once, getting back double gap closers (if specced)+ heroic leap like in early s9. Certain restrictions are gone and we get a ranged stun in a viable spec. (With viable I mean the best spec at average and not like wotlk/cata where it was situational). I think warriors were pretty great in wotlk due to our raw damage and mobility/control

Now we have even better control over the field and when utilized with amazing players like Barburas I can easily see them compete for rank1

I feel like people are just crying over "oh no we lost something that was given to us, and the new abilities don't look as fancy. Which means it'll be a """nerf"""" or "oh no we got a actual burst cd, but it can be cc'd (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE) so it'll be bad."

Ive been around here alot longer than you, and nowhere did i say that class balance in Tbc was good, if you had half the bad attitude you come up with now, you would have noticed that in the part you edited out of your quote, i said it was better than now, that was all.

the comments you make on Wotlk are entirely on your own expense, i did not mention that expansion at all since i played mainly Rogue/Dk pvp for that entire expansion and dident get around to my warrior or other chars as much back then except for raids.

So dont throw words like morron in my face, show some proper attitude to your fellow forum posters... damit, ppl who think theyr allowed to post like that just because this is the internet makes me frown.

But you make me curius... so you think this expansion, where it has been a viable tactic to tunnel the warrior without the need to do switches at all, and where warriors are short on utillity, and it is for thoose things that we are left out, are gonna be fixed by a ranged stun traded for a ranged aoe slow, and 10 sec's of largely the same that bladestorm have allready proven not to provide?

Biggest problem is that the worst survivabillity for a class in the game is getting gutted by roghly 50% in MoP, You dont think thats a problem?

why dont you adress those things then if you think im wrong?

If your so fond of the new stuff we get traded over our old, thats fine, i think stormbolt looks fun too, but it has no relevans to the things i adress in my post, so where you get the idea that Im pressenting stuff as my personal oppinion I simply dont get, Its been said by numeral highranking players too.

Id advice you to go to the gym and hit some sandbags if your so stuck on rage that you need to assult ppl on the forums just because you simply dont agree with them and dont have the understanding to evaluate what it is that theyr really pressenting in their post.
Edited by Ralorthtal on 29/02/2012 22:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Diablo 3 will be my salvation, thats for sure.

in Diablo2, anyone who dares to challenge my barbarian, joins the ez'd club.

Well, yep, I am a bg hero too. I do surprisingly well in random bgs.
Edited by Vanchoo on 29/02/2012 23:49 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
29/02/2012 22:00Posted by Ralorthtal
Ive been around here alot longer than you, and nowhere did i say that class balance in Tbc was good, if you had half the bad attitude you come up with now, you would have noticed that in the part you edited out of your quote, i said it was better than now, that was all.

You said Greg messed up pvp balance, and he was around atleast by atleast the time around wotlk beta... so yeah. You did say that. And calling out idiots who doesn't know the facts but presenting their opinions as if they do makes me enemies, so be it.
And I didn't quote the last part because by now conspiracy theories makes me sick, it's just amazing how shortsighted people are on that.
First paragraph was directed at you, the 3 others was in a general sense.

And yes, I think we'll be doing fine. Because I think blizz will be designing us around the same concept as we were in wotlk and start of cata. Mobility and damage, just this time I don't think they'll screw up like they did by giving us too much.

And as a matter of fact, I don't even think ghostcrawler has much to do with quests and storylines

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

GC doesn't do much on quests and storyline afaik. But I don't understand this, do you really think a company like Blizzard is going to hire an unqailified person to become their Lead Systems Designer? Back in vanilla balance wasn't better, remember when wotf was 20 seconds immunity and the warlock deathcoil didn't have a *fear* and ret paladins were a joke?

I guess it got a bit better in TBC but yeah your argument is lame. GC has been around for a while and if they felt that he wasn't doing a good job they wouldn't keep him around. You're talking about a $multibillion company here not some back ally shop.

You might want to give this a read it's not a pvp focused article but it might help you understand how changes are done around here, and why everything isn't fixed in a heartbeat.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3435893
Edited by Kensin on 01/03/2012 09:57 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

You said Greg messed up pvp balance, and he was around atleast by atleast the time around wotlk beta...

So by your own statement thats when he stepped in, and by my statement its not a period i commented on. I rest my case.

so yeah. You did say that. And calling out idiots who doesn't know the facts but presenting their opinions as if they do makes me enemies, so be it.
And I didn't quote the last part because by now conspiracy theories makes me sick, it's just amazing how shortsighted people are on that.
First paragraph was directed at you, the 3 others was in a general sense.

And yes, I think we'll be doing fine. Because I think blizz will be designing us around the same concept as we were in wotlk and start of cata. Mobility and damage, just this time I don't think they'll screw up like they did by giving us too much.

And as a matter of fact, I don't even think ghostcrawler has much to do with quests and storylines

No-one ever gave you the right to decide whos idiots or not just because you dont agree with them, your arrogance is astounding and since you insist on keeping this kind of rethoric my reply to you could be: Go die in a carcrash you fracking morron. But what good would that do??? seriously, play the ball, not the opponent.

Forums is about Oppinions and nowhere did i state my oppinions as facts, whereas you do excactely the same but thats just fine???? Arrogant fools with no selfinsight like you make me sick Swaggah!
Edited by Ralorthtal on 06/03/2012 16:02 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]