The Realid 2.4k+ Req Groups

85 Tauren Shaman
www.justin.tv/kingkongor

Like the title?

Il be honest, its a lie.

The real id groups that people are complaining about constantly have no such rating req in either arena or rated battlegrounds.

There is no gear requirement, basic pvp gear is advised, you'd be surprised about how close it is to the members of the opposing team.

They are not friends, they come from many different realms and are unused too playing together apart from one thing in common il mention shortly.

They do not use any form of voice program
, apart from socially in which about 10% of the group is taking part in.

There abilitys do not hit harder
, in case this isnt obvious they have exactly the same abilitys and skill as yourselfs.

They possess no innate advantage.

So

The question is, why do these groups do well? what is it about them we need too nerf?

Heres the answer.

They LISTEN and FOLLOW ORDERS.

Yes really thats it. Thats all there is.

The only advantage that these players have is that they listen to basic commands.

But what do we nerf then? D:

The answer is nothing, you havnt got anything too nerf the only reason these groups succeed is because unlike the opposing team they play like a team instead of individuals.

Focus your anger at your own fellow players refusal too listen and work as a team instead of trying too stop people who respect tactics banding together.

Play like a team or lose, you cannot wriggle your way out of this.

Much love.
Edited by Micolai on 24/02/2012 14:48 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
lol

Getting scared because of all the complaining, are we? Don't worry, Blizzard are usually pretty slow, so I'd say you still have a decent month of farming ahead of you before they shut you down.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
24/02/2012 11:19Posted by Ashtari
Getting scared because of all the complaining, are we?

LOL.

Repeating the key point: play like a team or lose.
Reply Quote
LOL.

Repeating the key point: play like a team or lose.

...which of course is easy for someone who run premades to say.

Anyway, my point still stands. :) Premade people are in the minority, and will be stopped if it causes other people to quit the game. If that makes you sad, too bad. Perhaps you should consider finding a way to enjoy yourself without wasting other people's time?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
In essence I agree with the concept of working as a team etc etc, I don't think anyone could dispute that.

However:
work as a team instead of trying too stop people who respect tactics banding together.

That bit made me lol. There is little respect in gy camping continuously and taking great joy in yelling that we are sad friendless lemmings because we choose not to do the same whilst completely ignoring the bg objectives. Perhaps we differ on that point :p
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
24/02/2012 11:42Posted by Oranje
There is little respect in gy camping continuously and taking great joy in yelling that we are sad friendless lemmings because we choose not to do the same whilst completely ignoring the bg objectives.

I think you would do good to take what they say about premades on the forums with a grain of salt.

I have been in several premades myself and I have played against a couple of others. Only once was there graveyard camping involved. I never saw anyone yelling. At all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
They LISTEN and FOLLOW ORDERS.

Yes really thats it. Thats all there is.

So true. =) 1+
Reply Quote
I think you would do good to take what they say about premades on the forums with a grain of salt.

I have been in several premades myself and I have played against a couple of others. Only once was there graveyard camping involved. I never saw anyone yelling. At all.

Nevertheless, premades allow for exactly that to happen. And it does happen, quite often, and that is simply unacceptable.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
The graveyard camping is rare but not unheard of.

It involves not capping a gy flag in order too control where the enemy team spawns.

This is not a abuse of anything, its a tactic that only works if people listen, if one person capped the flag then it would not happen, you can see how communcation and a little restraint can profit?

Anyway if its bothering ask blizzard too fix the mechanic of automaticly spawning at one graveyard, this is not a player abuse issue its simply bad mechanics on blizzards part.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
24/02/2012 11:57Posted by Ashtari
Nevertheless, premades allow for exactly that to happen. And it does happen, quite often, and that is simply unacceptable.

Cars allow for car accidents. Let's ban cars.

Seriously, if you think there is a set of rules that Blizzard could institute to make BGs 'fair' for individuals, you are in for a surprise. People will find ways to play as a team. Until the team you are on will play as a team as well, you are going to lose. That's all there is to it, the sooner you realize it, the better off you are going to be.
Reply Quote
24/02/2012 12:02Posted by Micolai
Anyway if its bothering ask blizzard too fix the mechanic of automaticly spawning at one graveyard, this is not a player abuse issue its simply bad mechanics on blizzards part.

Oh, I can agree that it's silly how you can't choose which GY you're gonna spawn at, but that doesn't really affect whether or not premades are ridiculous or not.

And no, it's not a "legitimate tactic", and more importantly, it's not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Tbh it's really, really funny to me that ppl are thinking Blizz will ever "nerf", forbid or prevent BG premades or Real Id premades. What do you think why they made Real Id for at the first place, then for players to join and organise more easily?

Play like a team or lose

Exactly. This is MMO, not some Diablo hero "I'll pwn em all"... no, you'll not. You simply can't. If you don't want to play BGs as a part of a team, only thing you can do is whining on forums.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
[quote="33884783596"]
And no, it's not a "legitimate tactic", and more importantly, it's not fun.

Yes it is, in a way im on your side in that i think blizzard should introduce a way too choose where you spawn, but as it is now, its perfectly legit.

I really hope that when facing a team that listens too tactics the opposing team will realize the value of said tactics, too make a better game for all instead of playing like individuals in a team game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's not that they listen and follow orders, it's because they ain't bots.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
There is little respect in gy camping continuously and taking great joy in yelling that we are sad friendless lemmings because we choose not to do the same whilst completely ignoring the bg objectives.

Sorry, I think you mis-understood me, I meant yelling via the forums etc etc. And the GY camping thing does happen, I have been on the end of it in a few now where the opposing faction had zero intention of going for the flag or "respecting the bg's objectives".

I have no issue with my group being outplayed etc, not a problem, fair play (especially when I have the pleasure of being teamed with bots etc). I have ended up in a few good randomly assembled groups and took part in a few mins of GY camping myself which was fun for about 2 mins before I got bored and didn't particularly feel good about it - but an organised GY campfest for free hks and to p1ss off other people isn't really ok in my eyes, but that's just my opinion.

I know these types of groups are not the norm, and it are not full the majority who have rampant disregard to...well...anything - and there are many people who do these for other reasons, and often these groups are the ones I think you are describing. But I don't really want to end up in the ones full of roflstompers.

The graveyard camping is rare but not unheard of.

But it's not really rare when you get specific groups teaming up to do this, and on a regular basis is it? Of course we all know GY camping isn't nice, but yes, it is legal and if this happens now and again with a particular group, then I get a bit annoyed, but hardly worth jumping up and down over. But when it becomes the express purpose, well, it's not just the odd random occurrece then, is it?
Edited by Oranje on 24/02/2012 12:16 GMT
Reply Quote
24/02/2012 12:05Posted by Zakkar
Cars allow for car accidents. Let's ban cars.

What a terrible analogy. Following that line of logic, I'd be petitioning for the ban of WoW in general.

24/02/2012 12:05Posted by Zakkar
Seriously, if you think there is a set of rules that Blizzard could institute to make BGs 'fair' for individuals, you are in for a surprise. People will find ways to play as a team. Until the team you are on will play as a team as well, you are going to lose. That's all there is to it, the sooner you realize it, the better off you are going to be.

Haha, it's funny how you're telling me this like you won't get shut down sooner or later. :P Anyway, you're the one arguing that "BGs are war! War isn't fair!" in the other thread, aren't you? If you can see what's wrong about that statement, I really don't know what to tell you.

You know, managing to play as a team in a completely random team is awesome, I agree! And it should be cherished every time it happens. And yet, you're not playing in random teams, are you? If you want premade vs. premade organized PvP, then go RBGs. It was made SPECIFICALLY for you. If you just want to roflstomp randoms, then I have no sympathy for you. Which one is it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
24/02/2012 12:08Posted by Lidoric
If you don't want to play BGs as a part of a team, only thing you can do is whining on forums.

I am a teamplayer. People can be teamplayers in random groups you know. I fail to see what that has got to do with the discussion whether full premades versus random groups is fair.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

If you don't want to play BGs as a part of a team, only thing you can do is whining on forums.

Thank you for helping to illustrate why I don't wish to be part of one of the roflstomping groups.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
24/02/2012 12:14Posted by Ashtari
What a terrible analogy. Following that line of logic, I'd be petitioning for the ban of WoW in general.

So, I take it you see that suggesting to ban premades because some of them might camp graveyards does not make a lot of sense.

---

Haha, it's funny how you're telling me this like you won't get shut down sooner or later. :P Anyway, you're the one arguing that "BGs are war! War isn't fair!" in the other thread, aren't you? If you can see what's wrong about that statement, I really don't know what to tell you.

Yes, that was me saying that BGs are war and wars aren't fair. I am saying the same thing in this thread. What's the problem? And what's wrong with it? We are playing a game here, there are two factions that are at war with each other and we play it like that. What's wrong?

24/02/2012 12:14Posted by Ashtari
You know, managing to play as a team in a completely random team is awesome, I agree! And it should be cherished every time it happens. And yet, you're not playing in random teams, are you? If you want premade vs. premade organized PvP, then go RBGs. It was made SPECIFICALLY for you. If you just want to roflstomp randoms, then I have no sympathy for you. Which one is it?

I am not suggesting you play random. I am suggesting you join a premade. I am playing both on my own and as part of a premade, if you are curious. I play rated BGs too, they are not a substitute for real ID premades, as I have explained several times now in these threads.
Reply Quote
Tbh it's really, really funny to me that ppl are thinking Blizz will ever "nerf", forbid or prevent BG premades or Real Id premades

Yes, it's not they've done this exact thing before, right? Derp.

24/02/2012 12:12Posted by Micolai
but as it is now, its perfectly legit.

Just like how the holocaust was legit because it operated within the bounds of the nation's laws, right? Don't make me laugh. It may be "legit" in the sense that you won't get banned for it, but it's hardly conducive to having a good time for everyone involved, which should be the end goal.

24/02/2012 12:12Posted by Micolai
the opposing team will realize the value of said tactics

See, that ain't the problem. Premades don't have bots. Premades don't have AFKers. Some premades have gear requirements, like 4k+ resi. And they're all in it for the phat HK gains and easy wins, something that unites them. Also, all of this is completely irrelevant. You win most premade BGs, do you not? Is this fun for both parties involved? No, of course not. Then it's an extremely simple decision to make. Or do you disagree that everyone who pays for this game are entitled to having fun?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]