Resto PvP Anxiety

85 Tauren Druid
Been wondering if these 3-hit dies from rogues under stuns (40k ambushes etc.) will go away if I'm going to have full PvP gear, or should I stop playing Resto in PvP right now?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
overall, resto druid is fun to play, but it is definitely not the best healer out there. Even if you hot yourself, most people can zerg you down if you cannot get away.

The hits you take will reduce a bit, but not enough. Rdruid isn't all that great atm :/
Reply Quote
I would say stop playing.

Yes, you can survive. On my main, I have 5k resillience and I have gemmed stamina and resillience. Who gems stamina and resillience - Resto druids! That is my only choice to survive.

However, the reason I say stop, is because I do not think it is funny, despite it actually is the most fun healer to play, because of the skill requirement.

But when you see you die, a lot faster than a priest or paladin with 3 k resillience, as well as having a lot more options to choose from, that's when it stops being fun.

It is not fun, to see all your hots being mass dispelled, and innervate if you aren't careful enough. It is not fun to see the opponent adding tons of stuff on themselves which you cannot dispell.

It is not fun, that you will die unless you get a contant peel, while other healers can tank on their own in 2v2.

In comparason to other healers? Not fun. I wouldn't say that resto tree should be buffed, I want to see other healers being nerfed.

I would say, stop - now - while you are enjoying yourself as resto, or get a good spot in a RBG group, where peels are possible.

In Arena? Not fun.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
25/02/2012 17:44Posted by Artwork
I would say stop playing

Feral is the only way to go -.- maybe balance
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
25/02/2012 18:29Posted by Etapic
Feral is the only way to go -.- maybe balance

Not quite, learn to play issues
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
@Medeyah do you think it can be viable if played properly? I'm aiming to do 2s with my warrior mate and go 3s with rogue and priest maybe. Also going to try some RBG's.
Reply Quote
25/02/2012 18:47Posted by Medeyah

I wouldn't say so. Compare resto to all other healers, and check how many resto druids are in arena teams above 2k? Practically none.

I've been up there previously, even when resto already had a hard time, with a setup not being concidered the best. I concider myself a really good player.

And I see there is a problem. Sure, if is not impossible to get there, but going as any other healer it would be three times easier, if not more.

I think it definetly is a problem, and not a learn to play issue, when no one hardly play resto druid, since the easiest healers are played the most.

I would actulaly prefer to see the ones who can actually play, and are skilled, to be in the high end, but now there are a lot of average players there, while a lot of skilled resto druids ain't because the survivability is poor compared to the rest of the healers.

It is wierd if you don't find surviability of resto druids poor compared to the other healers.

2000k+ rating should be about skill, and not class-based. Unfortunately, it IS class based.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
25/02/2012 19:25Posted by Artwork
Practically none.

It's still perfectly doable, it requires alot of skill though.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say "perfectly" but yes, it certainly is doable.

But compared to the other classes? You need an insane amount of skill, from not only yourself, but also your arena partner. And it isn't fair, that people with average or even lower skill, can get to same level as an insane resto druid, a lot easier.

I know it is doable, but I don't have the time to play games over and over again, because more than half of my games end up in a tie. Sure I don't die, but with constant peeling, it's hard for my arena partner to take another healer down.

So it's not about wether it's possible or not, it's about if it's fair or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
25/02/2012 20:31Posted by Artwork
but also your arena partner.

Well yeah, it's a team effort in arena and if one person is bad then the whole team gets dragged down unless you're some megaultraawesomesauceplayer who can overcome that.

25/02/2012 20:31Posted by Artwork
it's about if it's fair or not.

You're playing a game which only favours the classes the designers play... And if they get humiliated by something then they nerf it to hell.
The whole "fair" was never there to begin with, asking for it now is just silly as it won't happen concidering that theres a new expansion incomming and they are going to introduce pandas... Not to mention a new class... Balance? None....
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
Adanos personally I'd say if you're just after a good time pvping all over - and aren't gladiator material, skip the resto part for now.

As it's been said before, we're really not that good anymore - I get to say this having played restoration for 7 years.

Sure I haven't really made it to the top, as you'll see on my armory, highest I've been is 2283 rating.

All over, I have to say I agree 1000% with what Artwork is saying.

"I wouldn't say so. Compare resto to all other healers, and check how many resto druids are in arena teams above 2k? Practically none.

I've been up there previously, even when resto already had a hard time, with a setup not being concidered the best. I concider myself a really good player.

And I see there is a problem. Sure, if is not impossible to get there, but going as any other healer it would be three times easier, if not more.

I think it definetly is a problem, and not a learn to play issue, when no one hardly play resto druid, since the easiest healers are played the most.

I would actulaly prefer to see the ones who can actually play, and are skilled, to be in the high end, but now there are a lot of average players there, while a lot of skilled resto druids ain't because the survivability is poor compared to the rest of the healers."

That being said, I adore the druid class - we're pretty much capable of playing 4 active roles across diverse pvp/pve platforms. And over the 7 years I've learned one thing about blizzard.

If something is out of order - it's a matter of time and it'll be restored.

Use this to your advantage! Discover a different part of your druid!

I'd personally recommend you doing so with feral, because at this point of the game, we're pretty effective all around.

Should you choose to do so, look over a friend of mine's guide, it's free and it's rated into the skies - really covers it all, 46 minutes long

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=208009

That's a warcraftmovies link, if you're not into clicking links (for obvious reasons, a lot of stuff out there these days) just go to warcraftmovies.com and click druid section :) Pericth 5 it's called.

You're probably thinking FOURTYSIX MINUTES?! - as did I. But it's well spent. Can say there wasn't much in there I didn't know already, but it's really nice to have it all gathered up and somewhere to turn for guidance.

All in all, feral is fun cause there's not an enemy you're chanceless against. No doubt some enemies(blood dk's) are harder than others. Some players are gonna outplay you and you'll feel chanceless - but in the end there's usually a solution to it.

I killed a 2300 3s rated blood dk back before vengence nerf - this was a huge thing for me. The duel was 32 minutes long - but I made it work :-)

Just don't let bad odds and other's oppinions force your hand when it comes to what you're gonna play and not gonna play. EVEN if it's resto you wanna play.

xx, honor the druid code!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
25/02/2012 18:47Posted by Medeyah

Excuse me?
Edited by Etapic on 26/02/2012 06:59 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thanks for the responses, will watch the feral vid, but I'm staying resto for a while.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
25/02/2012 19:47Posted by Medeyah
It's still perfectly doable, it requires alot of skill though.

just like it was possible to out-aggro fury warrs as a prot pala in 4.1. if you're really, really good, you can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hi Adanos,

thought I should give my input as I'm a restoration druid and have been throughout the entire Cataclysm. Entirely and only in PvP

I do very much enjoy my class and spec, it does of course have its "bumps on the road". I personally don't have any huge problems with the average rogue, if things start to look bad I pop Tree of Life and try to get to my team mates. For me, this class is very exciting to play, however, I am incapable of comparing myself to other healers as I don't play any other character.

The only turn offs I can think of for a starter restoration druid or one who would like to get into PvP is:

• It requires A LOT of patience to get yourself geared as you will be an easy target while not having good gear. This can be a long process if you can't raise your Conquest cap.
  • Even if you happen to be a skilled restoration druid, you will immediately be turned down from getting into random BG groups, arena teams, and RBG teams as soon as they hear your spec. This is the most downer I've had to far.

• Best of luck with your gaming!
    Reply Quote
    51 Night Elf Druid
    NO DONOT QUIT!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Cottagex VERY GOOD RESTO DRUID HIGH RANKED!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Well anyone is still supperior vs us....but you can be proud resto druid and still play...

Blizzard must add correction charts if they not gonna buff us:)
    like if you see following class on example 1900 ratting you do following calculation to determine true skill of player
    -Resto druid + 500 ratting
    -Frost mage -400
    -Resto shaman -300
    -DK -250

I think it will be gread idea after all damage blizzard inflicited to us, etc etc etc :)

PS.Also i notice hunters reicive "emergency" buff with last hotfix, why? because some kids whined.... we are not kids...we are matture who constantly trying to tell blizzard that our class is UP and they do nothing !

Also : statistic never lie , if some class is not present in high brackets then buff, if some class is overpresent deal with them like with rats (pest control) and problem solved.
    Reply Quote
    1 Blood Elf Rogue
    I was watching a video and remember to come by this part of the forum even if i dont play Druid and i knew i was going to stomp myself with Threads about resto Druids so please watch it(yes i know most of the footage was early cata, but you still have the same abilities)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Zhu3q2Oc0

Just because you are loosing doesn't mean the class is broken
    Reply Quote
    Nah. I have 4700 resilience and instead of 3 hits you die in 4 hits. Barkskin, bearform and fully hotted, it doesn't matter. Resto can be killed easily by any dd now. Basically, you're a free kill.

Trying to cast a spell means you are dead since virtually every class has an unlimited amount of interrupts. Three stacks of lifebloom heal for less than 1900 per tick. We have no decent cc apart from the overcosted Cyclone. My biggest healing touch crits for 50 k. I get hit for 50-60 k crits regularly.

I would reroll feral if it wasn't for the enormous amount of farming i would have to do for it. Resto is probably the worst specc and class in general available now and if i were you, i wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter stick.
    Reply Quote
    Keep on going, once you get full gear and can go arena it becomes so much more fun.

Line of sight is the key and makes you able to take down almost any caster without any trouble however melee will always slaughter you unless you have someone to peel them off you.

Rogues are not my main druids worst enemy, warriors are, I find their damage and constant charges with LOS ignoring piercing shout unbearable, 5 seconds of them on me and i'm dead, even with tree popped and barkskin :S
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]