Regarding Locks...

16 Human Rogue
I really fancy the style of playing and the fact that Warlocks are rare.. I have some preconceptions about Locks that someone more experienced might shed some light on?

1) They use triple the amount of buttons a Rogue uses.

See, I play on my laptop with a Logitech M515 mouse... Need to be able to pull magic off with these, is it possible? :P

2) They seem "clunky" in their gameplay...

No sprint or mobility other than a rather limited and hard to use teleport..?

3) They are horrible in BG's before level 85 and even then they need ALOT of gear to compete with lower geared Mages/Rogues/Warriors etc...?

I intend to level mostly through BG's as I find PvP a lot of fun and PvE feels very... Meh...

Disclaimer; I have a level 76 Affliction Warlock and he is HELL to play right now... I love DoTing things up but in BG's I can not do anything unless it's 1v1 vs a low-burst class..

Thanks for answers :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
) They use triple the amount of buttons a Rogue uses.

See, I play on my laptop with a Logitech M515 mouse... Need to be able to pull magic off with these, is it possible? :P

Wrong, purely up to the players conceptions and needs.
I have played at a constant 2-2.5k rating since the start of arenas (up until s9, but thats another story) and I have only ever used a mouse with left/right click and a scroll, there is no need for an absurd amount of binds. Just use the area around your left hand with all the modifiers and you should be fine.

2) They seem "clunky" in their gameplay...

No sprint or mobility other than a rather limited and hard to use teleport..?

They don't have the escape mechanics of a mage, nor the shields of a mage, but they have Soul Link (which isn't really much of a substitute considering it doesn't actually remove any damage, but just shifts it onto your pet which can cause trouble through it dying if you are trained) and the teleport.

Teleport isn't hard to use at all, just remember to keep it refreshed in a good place if you are moving around a lot.

I can't answer the third question because I've only ever leveled one lock, and that was back in Vanilla.
But just remember to keep kiting and..well..be a bastard as much as possible, just kite and LoS and get the kill, forget 'skilled/style kills' and all that stuff, as long as the enemy ends up dead and you are alive it is a win. The control and finesse can come later when you are used to the class/spec.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I can answer the third question however:
In my experience low lvl pvp and locks don't mix very well. Locks are not built for burst and at low lvl burst is everything. You never get time to pull of your tricks due to the burst. All I can say it gets better especially when you get to cata greens where health pool : damage ratio is evened out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
20/02/2012 22:06Posted by Sunara
I have a level 76 Affliction Warlock and he is HELL to play right now..

Go DEMO
aka pick a quest "kill X of these" -> insta complete.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Go Demonology and forget BG.... Just give it up or you will just get frustrated and hate the entire game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]