Safeguard macro

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
Hey all!

I'm looking for a macro that automaticly Intervenes the focused character (usually the other tank) and then targets the last target with the click of 1 button.

Kinda like:

#showtooltip Safeguard
/target focustarget
/cast intervene
/target lasttarget

Only, this doesn't seem to work. ;)

Any idea's?
85 Tauren Druid
#showtooltip Safeguard
/cast [target=focus] intervene

should work without changing your target at all.

when you leave a gap between target and last target it will attempt to target something called "lasttarget" targetlasttarget is a command on its own.

So if you wanted to do it your way, just change it to /targetlasttarget
Edited by Wrimp on 22/02/2012 15:55 GMT
90 Night Elf Warrior
IF you raid with raid frame try:
/cast [@mouseover] intervene
You can chose which target from raid frame to intervene or you can mouseover some target around you and intervene.
Edited by Shirei on 22/02/2012 16:03 GMT
90 Night Elf Warrior
And to mix everything said in here...
#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead] Intervene
Checks for friendly alive mouseover to intervene, then intervenes an alive helpful focus. If neither is true, you stand there like a fool.
85 Tauren Druid
22/02/2012 16:07Posted by Kaikuri
you stand there like a fool

I like that part
85 Tauren Druid
Also another thought that comes to mind, you could (if you're only using it for the other tank) do /cast [target=targetoftarget] this would then use it on the other tank (assuming the boss isn't on a roaring rampage of revenge and chasing your mages around), and if you have the aggro and hit it by accident for some reason you wouldn't use it :P
90 Night Elf Warrior
Here is what i use:
/castsequence [@mouseover, help, exists, mod:shift] Intervene; [mod:alt, help, @focus] Intervene; [help] Intervene; [@focus, mod:alt] Charge, Intercept; Charge, Intercept
:S
Edited by Ozzrel on 22/02/2012 16:18 GMT
90 Night Elf Warrior
Just sayin' Ozzrel, there is nothing wrong in that macro, but it could be shortened a lot :p

22/02/2012 16:12Posted by Wrimp
you stand there like a fool

I like that part
Listening to finnish heavy metal with some sort of attitude kind of helps.
90 Night Elf Warrior
22/02/2012 16:26Posted by Kaikuri
Just sayin' Ozzrel, there is nothing wrong in that macro, but it could be shortened a lot :p

hmm...
/castsequence [@mouseover, help, exists, mod:shift][mod:alt, help, @focus][help] Intervene; [@focus, mod:alt][] Charge, Intercept
better?
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
what about this short sweat and simple

#showtooltip
/cleartarget [dead]
/cast [help][@focus, mod][@mouseover, help] Intervene; Charge
/startattack

what this will do is cast Intervene if you are targeting a friend and if you have a focus target set and you press one of the mod keys it will Intervene your focus target instead or if you mouse over a friend it will intervene the moused over friend without deselecting your current enemy target otherwise if targeting an enemy target it will cast charge

@Ozzrel there is no Intercept in mop it's getting removed and as far as i can tell the stance requirements of charge and Intervene will be going away as well so the all in one charge macro that prot warriors use currently when spec'ed with the warbringer talent should do the trick with a couple of modifications no need to get really complicated when you can do the same thing simply
Edited by Bethrezen on 23/02/2012 03:34 GMT
5 Orc Warrior
22/02/2012 16:07Posted by Kaikuri
you stand there like a fool.

Kaikuri is well practiced in this art.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Fix'd, ozzrel.
/castsequence [@mouseover,help,mod:shift][mod:alt,help,@focus][help]Intervene; [@focus,mod:alt][]Charge, Intercept

23/02/2012 03:22Posted by Bethrezen
@Ozzrel there is no Intercept in mop it's getting removed and as far as i can tell the stance requirements of charge and Intervene will be going away as well so the all in one charge macro that prot warriors use currently when spec'ed with the warbringer talent should do the trick with a couple of modifications no need to get really complicated when you can do the same thing simply
Now is now. Mop is Mop, 6 months into the future at least. What has Mop to do anything with the thread?
90 Human Priest
It's the default for intervene anyway?
If target is friendly - it intervenes him
If target is enemy - it intervenes his target

No macro for that.
90 Night Elf Warrior
23/02/2012 12:27Posted by Kaikuri
Fix'd, ozzrel.

I use shift for other things too, I don't want it to work unless I actually mouseover something!
90 Night Elf Warrior
The macro is the exact same macro as you posted, I just removed everything that was not needed. So no, @mouseover will not work unless you press shift.

And to be complete, only thing I removed from that part was [exists], since [help] implies that something exists, and thus the [exists] was unnecessary.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Played around with it a little:
/castsequence [mod:shift, @mouseover, party][mod:shift, @mouseover, raid][mod:alt,help,@focus][help]Intervene; [@focus,mod:alt][]Charge, Intercept
And found out that [raid] includes the player, while [party] does not.
Any way to make it not work on self?
90 Undead Warrior
Pro tip:
#showtooltip Charge
/cast Charge
/cast [@mouseover] safeguard

Basically saves you a bind. It will charge your enemy like normal, if you mouseover a party member, it will Safeguard. Really useful!
90 Worgen Warrior
It's the default for intervene anyway?
If target is friendly - it intervenes him
If target is enemy - it intervenes his target

No macro for that.

Ye, I just have Safeguard [mod:shift] macroed to my shield slam. When I target boss that targets other tank, it just safeguards the tank without any target switching or complicated macros.
90 Undead Death Knight
Pro tip:
#showtooltip Charge
/cast Charge
/cast [@mouseover] safeguard

Basically saves you a bind. It will charge your enemy like normal, if you mouseover a party member, it will Safeguard. Really useful!

Don't necro. No one who posted in this thread before you likely cares after a year.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]