Guild Wars 2 Beta info

85 Undead Priest
On top of that they are harder to notice/its easier to hide, which might come in handy in pvp.

True, still remember you have the tab targeting still in place.

Ranger and Guardian will prob be the classes I play at first.

Norn, my fav race.

God now I feel like a copy cat :P

My first ever character in wow was a hunter and I loved ever bit of that class all through TBC, then Wrath came along and everything got simplified and a "must do this way".
So I ended up swoping to a druid healer as main. (now I have 4 healers , it´s like a virus)
Therefore it will be Ranger in GW2, as it will be going back to a physical-ranged class with a lot of tools to play around with both in PVP and PVE.

Norn have the shape-shifting and connection with nature so I can get the best of two worlds there.
If I make another character further down the line I think I´ll go for Mesmer.

The lore I find fascinating on the Norn. I think ArenaNet has some good writers here and hey, most of the time when deciding to play a game I go for the lore and awesome mechanics are a plus for me.

Most of the time I play casters and so I really want to try those two professions for a change of pace, so the game I think will really feel a brand new experience for me.
Edited by Micomicona on 05/03/2012 10:48 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Since this is not related to the Beta I decided not to include it in the original post.

Penny Arcade has succumbed to the might of ArenaNet on their Ping-Pong challenge!

According to various sources the score was 5-4.

All hail ArenaNet Ping-pong squad! : http://www.arena.net/blog/it-is-on-like-pong-arenanet-hosts-penny-arcade

Will post video link as soon as they post it, in the mean time here is a video showcasing the abilities of both teams (well, yeah, not true):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYi8b7pBAOM&feature=related

I think I saw Ryan Diederich there somewhere.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

/drink
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Arenanet sent out a mail last day, so basicly the first beta tests will start soon. Anyway the fun part is that even if you are picked as a tester you can not say a thing.

All who said yes to get arenanet news in the mail should have this mail aswell. So dont worry if you did not get it, your still on the beta list of participants.

In just over 48 hours, 1 million players signed up for a chance to participate in upcoming Guild Wars 2 beta events. Although we wish we could invite everyone who signed up to playtest the beta, we do have a limited number of slots available for each event and not everyone will be able to play. We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.

In the meantime, we've prepared a little thank you for all those who applied - a brand new video that features never-before-seen in-game footage.

Just head over to the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page and "Like" us to watch the video! Thanks for your support, and we'll see you in game!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Brace Yourselves,
Pre-Purchase is Coming
Come Back April 10

If you pre-purchase this is yours:

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
Three days of headstart access
Hero’s Band

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Just more and more are coming, all us gw2 fans will just get more ....... :)
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Rogue
Aye saw that too, however...Collectors edition comes with a hefty price tag of £129.99....ouch! :( Might have to go for Deluxe instead, though, i really wanted CE../sigh..
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warlock
April 10th, another month of drooling it is.
Once again fingers crossed for that key :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
"With beta signups earlier this month and the recent pre-purchase announcement, scam sites and phishing attempts are becoming more aggressive than ever. Be cautious about offers and emails that do not come directly from ArenaNet. ~RB2"
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
The beta signup has ended now. They reached 1 million signups. Then I don't know how many there is that signed up with several different e-mails, but still congratulations.

GW 2 will be good...it has given what it promised..now some kid will pop up and say WoW Killer...please we just saw what happen to poor SWTOR

Guild Wars 2 will be good yes. ArenaNet doesn't announce anything, or hype it up, before they are completely sure it's done. The different with Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars here is that the devs over at Star Wars hyped the game a lot themself, while Guild Wars 2, it was the players/fans themself that started to hype it up, there's a difference between, players, and devs hyping a game up.

Also, no Guild Wars 2 won't kill WoW, because it doesn't need to, it doesn't have a subscription fee.

'True' GW2 fans don't care about whether or not it kills WoW. Guild Wars already had a strong fanbase to stand on from its previous installment, and as such it WILL have a strong population. And to be honest, from my own experience I could live with a lot less players coming from WoW if it meant a lot less of the mentality of most WoW players seeping into GW2 as well.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Many players that has grown bored of WoW will probably get into GW2, also many casual players will like it probably. The reason for the casual players is that you can hop into GW2 any evening and play as you like. In wow right now you need to be in a progressing raiding guild to get some good pve done or PvP and even that is boring with the current content.
And the unbalanced pvp... But who knows maybe Pandaria will have some better content and some better class balancing.
And to get rid of the wednesday reset yes plz..

15/03/2012 12:25Posted by Micomicona
"With beta signups earlier this month and the recent pre-purchase announcement, scam sites and phishing attempts are becoming more aggressive than ever. Be cautious about offers and emails that do not come directly from ArenaNet. ~RB2"

Tbh if you are that stupid that you enter a site that are not from arenanet and give them your credit card number etc you are just stupid. Same thing in wow with all the guys who think they won a mount and gives the email and pasword they are just plain stupid. Yeh im thinking of you ormo and your spectral!!
Edited by Marb on 16/03/2012 10:48 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I have to be honest and say this is the only game I have been looking forward to.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
"Just to make sure there's no confusion: The pre-purchase program will begin on April 10th. If you pre-purchase the game in full starting on that date, you'll have guaranteed access to all Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access to the final game, and the Hero's Band digital item designed to enhance your gameplay experience. *A pre-order is not the same thing as a pre-purchase.* A pre-purchase beginning April 10th is the only way to receive the items and access listed above. Check out all of the details on the pre-purchase FAQ: ~RB2"

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-three
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
16/03/2012 10:34Posted by Marb
Tbh if you are that stupid that you enter a site that are not from arenanet and give them your credit card number etc you are just stupid. Same thing in wow with all the guys who think they won a mount and gives the email and pasword they are just plain stupid. Yeh im thinking of you ormo and your spectral!!

Of course we know that. But, like you said before, many casuals and even people not familiar with MMOs will try the game (I know of at least 6 family members that have never played a MMO ever and are eager to check GW2), so it's always good for the ones that have no clue how keyloggers work that somebody gives them a warning :)

Anyways, from PCGamer (via Guildwars2Guru):

-Level 50 dungeon focused on fighting the Nightmare Court with Caithe at your side.

-Trash mobs have unique elements, archers have a shot that if it isn't interrupted could get you flung into the abyss behind you

-Each boss in story mode is based on an emotion. Sariel, knight of remorse, will pick a single target and focus on them relentlessly. Graingor, knight of horror, uses fear effects on his island in the middle of a huge lake. Catiern, knight of envy, is a Mesmer that focuses on illusions.

-Explorable mode has three paths to choose from that feature more Sylvari that are rising up to fill the void that you created from killing everything in Story mode.

-There are about 10 random events that happen in a dungeon every time you run it. Which could be something like a hidden chest or a giant troll that will ambush you along a path that may have been clear last time you ran the dungeon.

-There is a room filled with plant cannons, which you'll need to figure out the pattern to get past them. If two plant cannons spot you, you're done. There are other traps similar to what we've seen elsewhere, like fire traps and landmines.

-There is a cave with a lake so large that if you ran the outside edges all the way around, it would take you five to ten minutes. Three islands in the lake which house Sariel and other mobs. The lake is huge underwater and could take up to an hour to fully explore. Random encounters/rewards in the lake, like a huge fish mini-boss that will try to eat you.

The one in bold, I found awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Sounds awesome with the dungeons even, hopefully once the pre-purchase is here we will get a date as well. There is always a hope =)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

'True' GW2 fans don't care about whether or not it kills WoW. Guild Wars already had a strong fanbase to stand on from its previous installment, and as such it WILL have a strong population. And to be honest, from my own experience I could live with a lot less players coming from WoW if it meant a lot less of the mentality of most WoW players seeping into GW2 as well.

I don´t really belive that it is the players that are bad, but the enviorment feeds and nuture that behaviour. Wow did police itself once and alot of players have played 6 years or more.
Fan-atics are always a bad thing no matter in what form it is, so is generalizing.
Gaming needs more picky and critical thinking players rather then camps of my game vs your game (this community vs your community).
You should be looking around for whats out there and suport the competition if you are not happy with the product / game you are supporting with your cash.
Most of the times it is the same people playing both games, some are rotten eggs but most don´t want this behaviour.

sorry for an off-topic post.
Edited by Prästinnan on 19/03/2012 20:07 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
19/03/2012 19:51Posted by Prästinnan
Gaming needs more picky and critical thinking players rather then camps of my game vs your game (this community vs your community).

Very true.

A link from Woodenpotatoes about microtransactions in GuildWars 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEknPR-l-is&feature=uploademail

What you guys think about it, how you feeling about the shop?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Very true.

I don't mind it tbh. Even if u buy anything to sell, it it will only be worth much in the beginning. Atleast i believe it will be like this.But as for another thing, noticed the dropdown in GW2 posts after the beta hype on MoP now? :P

10th April is closing in, counting down now. I would think they will give a release date aswell since we are per-purchasing. So what are your thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Very true.

I don't mind it tbh. Even if u buy anything to sell, it it will only be worth much in the beginning. Atleast i believe it will be like this.But as for another thing, noticed the dropdown in GW2 posts after the beta hype on MoP now? :P

10th April is closing in, counting down now. I would think they will give a release date aswell since we are per-purchasing. So what are your thoughts on this?

Well, I do think they will give us some info on the release date, I hope so. But knowing the price of the Collector's edition (which I'll get) I wonder if ArenaNet will risk delivering a release date that is too far in the year, I don't think people will be pleased knowing they will buy a product that will be released 6 months down the line.

Now am gonna put my /tinfoil hat on.

It's interesting to see that both Blizzard and ArenaNet decided to beta test their games on the same weekend. We all knew ArenaNet was going to do it (they said many times beta tests would start at the end of March) and we had barely any info form Blizzard until, suddenly! it happened! I think Blizzard is keeping ArenaNet on check in this one. Blizzard behaving like Fabius Maximus and mirroring the movements of their enemy. Is kind of the thing that happened when Warhammer Online was in beta, Blizzard started making announcements and stuff, trying to counter them. The same here.

/tinfoil hat off

Well, I am having a very hard time finding reasons to stay in Warcraft for this next expansion. It does look good and there are some exciting features but I think I am reaching my personal end to the game. Will not bash it because I do like it, just to say that after seeing MoP videos and knowing what's in store for it I am more excited about GW2 than ever - it will give me my (much needed) lore fix.

24/03/2012 08:44Posted by Marb
noticed the dropdown in GW2 posts after the beta hype on MoP now? :P

Well, it could also be related to GW2 being in beta also. Sadly, there's no hype on that one since NDA is on full.
Edited by Micomicona on 24/03/2012 12:26 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I think it´s a good system as long as they make sure to even out the benefits of beeing in a PVE active guild and a PVP active guild. Both guilds / guildbanks should make around the same amount of gold for active play or the PVE guilds might get a great advantage.

It would make sence that they would give a releasedate then, but from the last beta I think a release is still a few months away. They hinted on beta events so that would mean atleast 2 if you pre-purchase, perhaps one event every month?
Edited by Prästinnan on 26/03/2012 12:11 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
24/03/2012 12:25Posted by Micomicona
Well, I am having a very hard time finding reasons to stay in Warcraft for this next expansion. It does look good and there are some exciting features but I think I am reaching my personal end to the game. Will not bash it because I do like it, just to say that after seeing MoP videos and knowing what's in store for it I am more excited about GW2 than ever - it will give me my (much needed) lore fix.

Same here i have been a active player since tbc, even been raidleading a casual guild for the last 2-3 years but I can't see myself doing the same anymore. Even with a new expansion it will feel the same as it do now.

I will play in MoP even though im bored of the game, because I know its fun to try out the new content (monk,panda,dungeons and raids).

PvP havent been fun in wow since it is always so gear dependent, will be fun to play a game where legendaries and op PvE items are not the gamebreaking point in high end PvP.

Got really high hopes myself about the GW2 PvP I just hope they are able to balance it enough.

I know one thing for sure that GW2 is taking over the place on my SSD where WoW is. Don't need fast loading times on a game I dont play more than 1-2 hours a week ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]