Enchanting - Worth it?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm thinking of leveling Enchanting, but is it good for making Gold? Do i need a gathering proff to level it and to make some Gold with it?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Guess it depends on your server... But on mine, yes.... yes it is. You bet it is. I bet that what you simply save by having enchanting yourself here exceeds what people with LW or BS make in profit.

Enchanting and JC for maximum AH trolling, yo.
Edited by Brosephine on 17/02/2012 19:58 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Warlock
Enchanting is my best gold making proff.
And the second best proff is far far far far far behind it.
Like really far.

Enchanting is without a doubt the best goldmaking proff.
It's expensive to level though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Enchanting is my best gold making proff.
And the second best proff is far far far far far behind it.
Like really far.

Enchanting is without a doubt the best goldmaking proff.
It's expensive to level though.

Gold isn't an issue with leveling it, but how much on average does it set some one back to level it?

Is Enchanting a decent "stand alone" proff?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
Gold isn't an issue with leveling it, but how much on average does it set some one back to level it?

Is Enchanting a decent "stand alone" proff?

It depends on how you level it. In some cases you can end up getting a profit, since there are so many enchants that can be made while leveling, put on a scroll, and sold for a profit. In other cases, where you just re-enchant your own stuff over and over, it all loss.

Expect around 10k-25k in gold value of materials to get up, where it will cost a bit more up front if you're going for profit, but you'll get more back.

Enchanting can work on its own completely fine, my enchanter right now buys 100% of mats from AH and make scrolls that I sell for a profit. Other professions that can craft disenchantable gear with an average DE value high than the price of the materials required to make them, will all support enchanting. At the moment, that's mostly blacksmithing for shards, and jewelcrafting for dust and essences. Enchanting works fine on its own, disenchanting needs help from BS/JC.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Does not work that great with selling scrolls on my realm. You have alot of competitors trying to sell it as well and undercutting you 24/7 5 sec after you made your auction. Enchanting mats of all levels can sell really good however and thats where I made most profit. For that you ofc need another profession to acquire mats from, like tailoring for example.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]