Need help <---

85 Blood Elf Rogue
What ever i do and how i reforge or rotation i us i still cant get over 20k dps -.- Normaly i use Snd - 4 then RV then Eve and soo on..

you can check my http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-steppes/R%C3%B8delf/simple if you could tell me what i should do btw i use 2 of the winter while daggers atm but got one fast main weapon and one offhand but still not enaugh dps..

Plz Help!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
20k isn't awful at 377 gear. The real (and probably only) things you have to be concious of as combat is to toggle your Blade Flurry appropriately, and keep SnD up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
20K with raid buffs? On training dummy? In 5-mans?

Anyway, it doesnt look too bad, looking at your gear. Once you get yourself some better combat-weapons (slow main hand, fast off-hand - this is really important), fully enchant yourself and get some more gear, it will go up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I dont have 20k even most is 16.5k dps at most and other rogues have whit almost same gear score have 20k+ :/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
10man raids. Yeah i got Fast main Clattring Claw and [Mandible of the Old Ones]..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Lets begin simple, if u are combat get a slow main hand (or the stage 1 legendarys) 2.6 speed will do and get a fast off hand, 1.4 speed will do. weapons will give u the greatest boost in dps (looking at u that is).
an example, a friend of mine with almost the same ilvl but good weapons does way more then 20k as combat.....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
its because of your weapons.fast main hand+slow offhand=terrible dps
go with red advice.2.6 mainhand and 1.4 offhand
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Would like too get those daggers from DS but my server is dead:/ No raids no nothing almost :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
you can try to ask in your realm fourms ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/941783/ )
usually people pay 5-10k for the pickpocket,just remembar to take the quest from a fresh normal mode start,you can invite anyone/change it to a raid then take the quest from there
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Now i got main hand whit 2.60 and offhand whit 1.40 but still lowOo
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
If you check my armory now i got few new items. But cant higher dps even i got fast main slow off -.- Whats wrong!!:S
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Possible reasons:
1/ your rotation or the way you apply it
2/ your gear
3/ your buffs, or those given to you

I suggest you go to Shadowcraft http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ and look in the Settings tab. Switch off all the possble buffs and see what dps it suggests you should be hitting. If you get close on the target dummies, it's not your rot or your gear. Check your poisons. Your gear looks okay, so if you aren't getting close to the theoretical max, it's your rotation.

Edited to ask: Are you sure about those leg enchants? Never played a leatherworker so I could be wrong, but attack power? Is there a better cata one with agility?
Edited by Coggie on 23/02/2012 15:08 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Im just turned all of but my dps in shadowcraft say --- how get it too show my dps?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Try this on a Dummy:

SS (From Stealth) to 3 - 4 CPs > Slice and Dice > SS to 4 CPs > Revealing strike > Killing Spree > Eviscerate > SS to 4 CPs > Revealing Strike > now your bandits guile will be ready to turn red in the next few SS's so hit AR here > Evis and then go to town.

Try that and see how your DPS goes.

From what you have wrote it really sounds like it's your rotation your messing up.

*edit remember to NEVER let S&D fall off! and try (I say Try it's hard not to) Energy Cap as best you can too.
Edited by Shadøws on 23/02/2012 16:49 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It says you should be doing around 31k but for what its worth your reforging seems mostly fine.

Your obviously having trouble with your rotation so here are some key pointers:

01. Use DP on your OH & IP on your MH - common mistake to do it the other way around.

02. As combat you should use your cool-downs as soon as possible, don't wait. Killing Spree first and then at 5 combo points use Adrenaline Rush just before you use a finisher. The talent restless blades will reset these quicker than you think.

03. Learn how to use re-direct and try to understand bandits guilde/insight levels. It's important to maintain your dps when switching targets regularly.

04. Remember to utilise blade flurry as much as possible, being able to hit two targets at once is a big DPS increase but remember, rupture does not transfer, only use SS & evis under blade flurry.

05. Unless you have a bleed debuff provided by a Arms Warr, Feral, Sub Rogue or Hunters pet, do not use Rupture.

06. Only use revealing strikes at 4 combo points.

07. Make sure to track your combo points correctly, I use an addon called combo-point redux but there are a few out there.

08. Practice.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Soo i should i Evis after the last Revealing or just keep ss too i turns red?

Try this on a Dummy:

SS (From Stealth) to 3 - 4 CPs > Slice and Dice > SS to 4 CPs > Revealing strike > Killing Spree > Eviscerate > SS to 4 CPs > Revealing Strike > now your bandits guile will be ready to turn red in the next few SS's so hit AR here > Evis and then go to town.

Try that and see how your DPS goes.

From what you have wrote it really sounds like it's your rotation your messing up.

*edit remember to NEVER let S&D fall off! and try (I say Try it's hard not to) Energy Cap as best you can too.

42 minutes ago
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Trying and trying get too 19k but then it stays there ... But how can shadowcraft say 31kOo
Not even close:s
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If this is on a training dummy, I wouldn't expect you to get much higher than 19k

Training dummies are not a good representation of your DPS in a raid, the 31k that shadow craft states is with all raid buffs available, heroism up, pre pot & mid fight pot, raid food e.t.c e.t.c

Try not to get disheartened, it will come eventually.

edit:

The only other thing it could be is bad frame rate & latency. You need very low latency to play combat to its full potential.
Edited by Chemii on 24/02/2012 09:08 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
But if this dont work on dummies what rotation should i use then:S
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Rogue
On shadowcraft go to the settings tab and uncheck all the buffs if you are planning to test your dps on a dummy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]