Onyxia's Lair solo?

(Locked)

85 Undead Death Knight
I just tried soloing Onyxia's Lair.
Managed to get to the phase where she was in the air, but the mobs [that] spawned hits too hard for me to handle. And, as if that was bad enough, I can't DPS them down quickly enough.

Had blown all my defensive spells just to, at least, attempt to survive that phase..3 attempts, failed all 3 times.

Anyone think it's possible with end-game Cataclysm gear?
85 Orc Death Knight
you don't need 'endgame' gear. it's very easy to do in dps gear. simply when the adds spawn put diseases up, pestilence, death strike until you get full death runs and spam heart strike until they are all dead. ghoul sacrifice+ lichborne heal if you drop low.
85 Undead Death Knight
23/02/2012 20:21Posted by Zephoslol
you don't need 'endgame' gear. it's very easy to do in dps gear. simply when the adds spawn put diseases up, pestilence, death strike until you get full death runs and spam heart strike until they are all dead. ghoul sacrifice+ lichborne heal if you drop low.

Are you kidding me? I died in around 15 seconds, and this was with 378 tank gear - NOT DPS gear..

You don't have time to use Outbreak + Pestilence...You're dead long before.
You're not only being attacked by mobs, but also by the boss flying above and spraying fire down..
85 Orc Death Knight
then I'm sorry to say it, but you're doing it wrong. I have no trouble taking down the whelps without using cooldowns.
90 Worgen Druid
I found it fairly easy, but very long. I killed the bigger adds as higher priority than the whelps since they could die from disease/heart strike/death and decay damage. The fight took 23 minutes, since I had to take off ~1M of her health with ranged abilities. :l
90 Orc Death Knight
About the gear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE99_rpc25E

I can see he is wearing t11 normals and also a few pieces of heroic 346 blues.
85 Undead Death Knight

Again, then there's no way he did it.
The boss took 30k of my hp, each spray of fire - unless i used Anti-Magic-Shell.
Her hitting me weren't that much of a problem. Death Strike would mostly overheal that..
Again, the Whelps killed me every time.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
24/02/2012 07:31Posted by Täll

It's documented....
90 Orc Death Knight

The boss took 30k of my hp, each spray of fire - unless i used Anti-Magic-Shell.
Her hitting me weren't that much of a problem. Death Strike would mostly overheal that..
Again, the Whelps killed me every time.

You are doing something wrong then. The encounter is not hard at all, it's just an inasne boredom (has come easier with the better gear)
90 Human Priest
The boss took 30k of my hp, each spray of fire

You need to avoid that. It's avoidable, just run to the sides when she's about to do it (Onyxia takes a deep breath!). Where the fire comes is dependant on where she is at the moment, so keep your head up!
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, your gear for tanking could use some work. Crank up with enchanting, crank up the mastery and gem with it in mind (red - parry/dodge mastery, yellow - straight mastery, blue - mastery stamina) and with prioritised death strikes your survivability should ramp up. Reforging should go as thus: mastery (honestly, best tank stat) > parry/dodge (have them about equal) > expertise/hit (don't concern getting to the cap) > crit/haste (hopefully you know this much).

Level eighty trial of the crusader tier boss. Be mindful of that.
90 Blood Elf Priest
24/02/2012 07:31Posted by Täll
The boss took 30k of my hp, each spray of fire

Brilliant. I suggest learning tactics before you try to solo something... especially if you plan to make a thread claiming it's not possible.
90 Human Death Knight
I did solo Onyxia 10 during 4.2 and it was forced into tanking gear.

Use your CDs wisely and try to focus on get some DPS done on Onyxia between each wave of adds... Took me 1.5 hour to kill her due to being quite paranoid.
85 Tauren Paladin
old topic but i felt like jumping in as i for the very 1st time tried soloing ony 10 player tonight and it took me 49 mins 49 seconds to kill her (i was a lucky bas**** and the mount dropped)

needless to say half my guild was happy for me and a few threw a few jabs at me for the mount dropping ^^

its easy if you stand under her in p2 and use aoe abilities and the odd single target ranged to keep damage on her constant

GL farming her :)
90 Night Elf Warrior
I soloed it with my tank gear and because it's melee friendly encounter it lasts only 18 min...
90 Undead Rogue
Easy soloable as a rogue...
It's simply to manage to counter anything with your Cds, aswell know what must do at any time.
90 Human Warlock
07/09/2012 05:38Posted by Hellshighway
old topic but i felt like jumping in as i for the very 1st time tried soloing ony 10 player tonight and it took me 49 mins 49 seconds to kill her (i was a lucky bas**** and the mount dropped)

Next time go prot spec using DPS gear and use the Glyph of Harsh Words. It should only take 10-15 mins.

Easy soloable as a rogue...
It's simply to manage to counter anything with your Cds, aswell know what must do at any time.

How are you attacking her as a Rogue while she's flying? Surely you're not just using Throw?
Edited by Archaos on 08/09/2012 00:38 BST
90 Night Elf Druid
Onyxia is a very easy raid compared to many other solable raids. I don't know if it's solable on heroic (I will try that out). Just do aoe dmg when onyxia is in the air and hold the mobs close to yourself for making it easy. Guardians are really a good solo class atm, I saw a guardian solo Lichking on heroic difficulty for a week ago.
90 Human Warrior
im going to try and solo it right now
90 Human Warrior
im going to try and solo it right now

Dat necro.

Why would you even? It's super simple these days...
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]