the Possibilities are endless

86 Draenei Paladin
Good evening fellow Bloodhoofians,
Im writing this post because im wondering what has happened to this server!

I've been play on and off since vanilla, and been on 2 or 3 different servers and have noticed that some of them are running 2-3 GDKP's every week, FL/To4W/BoT/BWD runs every week for HC and titles/achieves. The top guilds on the server's are selling HC firelands for the birdie/meta, also Sinestra/Al Akir and Nef HC for the titles, among a host of other things!

I know this realm isnt too populated, but it does have enough active members to make atleast one GDKP a week to DS,(back in LK these were hughly popular, when Plasm and the guy from GK ran them) And i know alot of members of thoses runs still play at a high level so why can we not get them running again?
We have a few decent guilds on this server so im sure with a little effort they could get 9members together to offer 'boosts' to other members of the realm, and make lots of gold in the process ( Firelands 7/7 HC is going for about 200k, and the bosses that offer titles about 30k each) so it has enough. (Novus also sold alot of Ulduar runs pre Cata, so it was clearly worth the effort =))

im going to get trolls for this, but if anyone wants to ask an honest question, i'll answer as best i can, and hopefully we can get this realm to be a bit more fun =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would love a gdkp on some of my alts, I have a couple available only day I see myself personally going is saturday
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Most NoS players are doing alt runs during the weekends and TBH I dont see us selling any heroic rag titles or mounts as we have only cleared the place twice and only in 10 man.

Heroic rag is not very hard but boosting a player so that you have to 9 man it would probably be too hard for us unless that 1 person is a healer.

GDKP runs were great back in wotlk but currently the bosses are too hard for a GDKP heroic run which means we would have to do all the bosses on normal mode. Another issue is that the quality of players on bloodhoof have gone down a lot, back in wotlk there were 2 alliance guilds who got 11/12hc fairly quickly in 25 man and a lot of other guilds got that with the zone buffs.

With the introduction of LFR I also think it will be harder to gather enough players who want to join the GDKP runs as they can get loot a few ilvls lower.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Most NoS players are doing alt runs during the weekends and TBH I dont see us selling any heroic rag titles or mounts as we have only cleared the place twice and only in 10 man.

Heroic rag is not very hard but boosting a player so that you have to 9 man it would probably be too hard for us unless that 1 person is a healer.

GDKP runs were great back in wotlk but currently the bosses are too hard for a GDKP heroic run which means we would have to do all the bosses on normal mode. Another issue is that the quality of players on bloodhoof have gone down a lot, back in wotlk there were 2 alliance guilds who got 11/12hc fairly quickly in 25 man and a lot of other guilds got that with the zone buffs.

With the introduction of LFR I also think it will be harder to gather enough players who want to join the GDKP runs as they can get loot a few ilvls lower.

This is unfortunately very true, pugging for Firelands is near impossible on occasion, none heroic gear has lower ilvl than raidfinder and as such is usually worse, and heroic takes to much effort compared to LFR for a very slight upgrade in ilvl. Thus, most people are not really that interested in running FL it seems.

We've actually recently begun clearing some older content, including FL, but don't feel sure enough in the bosses to bring in puggs really. I know Zealan, one of the guildies is running some older content though. LFR is great but once again they've implemented a feature that doesn't promote server communities (such as raids).

Unfortunately, this is why we don't have any of the things of the glory days, or that's my take on it, will most likely come as we near the end of the expansion.
Edited by Threin on 20/02/2012 23:36 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]