Goblin or Undead hunter?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Its time to do a race change and I want to know which race of these two that is best for a pvp hunter.
Undead got WotF which seems very popular amoung pvpers. The shadow resistance seems nice too since hunters are vulnerable to dots, and most dots are shadow damage. Cannibalize seems to fit hunters perfectly too.
Goblins on the other hand have a second disengage which is tempting and an additional ranged damage ability
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'd definitely go with Undead (Female) :P Always liked their animations etc, besides anything you choose is alot...lot better than your current one :D Orcs aren't bad though, passive increase to pet damage, stun duration reduced slightly, AP racial etc.
Reply Quote
Goblin. Extra jump is a huge survivability boost.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
A hunter has many ways of getting away from a melle(disengage, pet freedom, trap, entrapment) but no "natural" way of getting out of fear.

Your welcome :)
Reply Quote
Go undead for WotF and they look better too.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Troll for epicness.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Whichever you prefer, neither racial is gamebreaking. WotF is the only worthwhile UD racial though (IIRC), Cannibalize is broken even easier than bandages and everyone has spell pen so the resistance won't help you in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
21/02/2012 16:50Posted by Rhaze
Troll for epicness.

yez.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Go Undead for one of the sickest, if not THE sickest Racial in the game.

Wotf is SICK and on par if not BETTER than human Racial. people dont give it enough credit AT all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Don't care about racials, go with what looks the best. Undead female is the best model/animation you can get in the game imo. Feels like you play better when your animations are more convenient to you too.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Go Undead for one of the sickest, if not THE sickest Racial in the game.

Wotf is SICK and on par if not BETTER than human Racial. people dont give it enough credit AT all.

It is a strong racial, but so are belf silence and warstomp. EMFH is still better than all 3, just for the sheer fact it gives you more damage, which is everything in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
21/02/2012 17:34Posted by Tayen
It is a strong racial, but so are belf silence and warstomp. EMFH is still better than all 3, just for the sheer fact it gives you more damage, which is everything in cata.

i would consider not sitting in a 7 second Fear more dmg aswell ?

when you pop cooldowns and go for the kill. people often counter you with peels. since everyones knows warlock/shaman is 80% of the ladder. then WOTF becomes SICK, imo the Sickest of them all.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Fair point on the SLs' everywhere.

Depends though, it still puts your trinket on CD. WotF fear, have fun sitting in a blind if they're smart enough to abuse the shared CD.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Fair point on the SLs' everywhere.

Depends though, it still puts your trinket on CD. WotF fear, have fun sitting in a blind if they're smart enough to abuse the shared CD.

It's a lot shorter though, and you do notice that. Had a few games where I wotf'd a fear and had my trinket ready when I needed it for the next cc.

And of course trinketting something and having WotF up after a while against one the millions of lock teams is awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
if you're going to play BM in PVP I'd stay orc.

You don't need will of the forsaken, as BM since you already have a second trinket in BW.
The racial shadow resistance is useless.. everyone has spell pen in pvp.

The goblin... is interesting, but again as BM, you have the shortest possible disengage cd.. so no need for the goblin racial.

As mm.. it's a different matter... and in that case the undead, goblin or blood elf are all good choices.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Priest
orc
Reply Quote
Orc, one of the biggest problems for hunters is stuns.
the stun reduction racial helps a lot with this problem, and you also get attack power for your burst, which is ace.

if you don't want anything but goblin or undead.
go undead, with so many warlock/shammy teams around, WotF is extremely strong for hunters, as warlock hard counters us, and we don't have a fear breaker^^

if you just wanna be epic, go troll
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'd go undead.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
was goblin i turned Undead couple days ago

go with goblin

+1% haste

and the jump is good to avoid bursts and for jumping over ring of frost

wotf would be a good racial, if it diddnt share 30 sec cd with trink
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]