Stats bonuses should be removed in MoP.

90 Human Paladin
No im not lazy to max my proffessions. I just hate being forced into leveling proffessions.

Proffessions should be about
- Creating usefull items (craftd pvp set)
- Making Gold
- Creating vanity stuff (pets,mounts)
- Cool lore stuff (prof quests maybe)

What im saying is make proffessions interesting instead of forcing people to level them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've been against profession perks since TBC, it would be a good change but i doubt it will happen.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
well, it might stop people !@#$%ing about one profession being better than the other, oh wait they'd have to take away sockets and stuff.

Like the idea though.
Edited by Dysnomia on 21/02/2012 23:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Oh joy here we are Yet again with Another thread Moaning about having to actually put some effort into Maximising your character.
Just like gearing, Gem's and enchants Getting your proffesions up for the Prof bonuses is a part of Preparing your Toon for raiding "If you dont raid then you dont need to worry about it anyway"
Moaning about it is no different to moaning that you cant do heroics till your lvl 85
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I agree with Dreadpirate 100%!

On the other hand tauren priest stop making posts with no sense at all and go get more achievements.

The things I really dislike in WoW are:

1.)Trolls(type of people(lvl 1 posters and people who say bad things)not the race)

2.)couch potatoes(they expect to have everything without putting any effort)

3.)bots and gold beggers(I reckon there is no need for explanation here)

4.)people with low amount of achievements 5k and lower(I know that they aren't necessary but do it for the sake of your character-talking about main character).Not that 5k is a big amount but still it shows but you put some effort into getting more then majority has.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im all for spending time on maximising my char but proffessions stat bonuses shouldnt be the way to do it. There are tons of other ways to make people spend time improving their chars.

I dont like having to level proffessions for additional stats.

22/02/2012 10:14Posted by Dreadpirate
If you dont raid then you dont need to worry about it anyway
PvP?
22/02/2012 10:14Posted by Dreadpirate
Moaning about it is no different to moaning that you cant do heroics till your lvl 85
i dont see any relevance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not that difficult...
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It's an MMORPG. It's about character development. Professions are part of your character.

Also, absolutely agree with Dreadpirate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont think i made myself very clear. Yes character improvement is whats this game mostly about. But proffessions shouldnt be +stats.

A friend who started new asked me what i do as a blacksmith. I dont have any use for this proffession other than 2 additional sockets. Hows that good? Most people picked JC and BS just for the stat bonuses. Yes you can make ton of gold with proffessions but gold is quite easy to get.

Proffessions are atm boring. If there werent +stat bonuses most people wouldnt bother. Remove the stat bonuses and make proffessions interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
22/02/2012 15:47Posted by Tavil
I dont think i made myself very clear. Yes character improvement is whats this game mostly about. But proffessions shouldnt be +stats.

And why is that because you say so i like to get something outta my proff instead of Gold/Crafting

Proffessions are atm boring. If there werent +stat bonuses most people wouldnt bother. Remove the stat bonuses and make proffessions interesting

No they arent i for on have loads of fun with all my chars and proffs
Reply Quote
72 Troll Warrior
Oh joy here we are Yet again with Another thread Moaning about having to actually put some effort into Maximising your character.
Just like gearing, Gem's and enchants Getting your proffesions up for the Prof bonuses is a part of Preparing your Toon for raiding "If you dont raid then you dont need to worry about it anyway"

It`s NOT a moan, it`s a plea to COMMON SENSE.
The whole game is based around PURPOSE (Agent Smith can explain it better here) and we have the complex system of profession created with it`s OWN PURPOSE that has nothing to do with character optimization.

In TBC blizzard decided over night to screw it over and make this whole system an annex of your character's optimization. I don't mind optimizing my character, i like having more ways of improving my role BUT i don't like it when it`s done with things created with a different purpose.

I have ALL professions maxed on ALL my lvl 85 characters and still i'm strongly against profession perks and totally support the OP, you and all the people supporting you don't understand the real issue, for you professions are just a one more number in an equation.

edit: and who states what`s a part of preparing your toon for raiding? if wednesday they add a patch and say you get a str/agi/int/stam buff for the rest of the day if you complete 25 daily quests that because part of your character optimization too right? would you moan about this or start questing because this is how things are?
Edited by Fyamma on 24/02/2012 20:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
+1, I don't like idea of (specific) professions as mandatory.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
On the other hand tauren priest stop making posts with no sense at all and go get more achievements.

Here we go again........
Reply Quote
I personally have nothing against this, its just a small bonus.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
25/02/2012 16:37Posted by Shwanny
Here we go again........
I know, I found your little spat with achievement boy. Fair play to you sir, you dealt with it most admirably! ;o)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
No im not lazy to max my proffessions. I just hate being forced into leveling proffessions.
Proffessions should be about
- Creating usefull items (craftd pvp set)
- Making Gold
- Creating vanity stuff (pets,mounts)
- Cool lore stuff (prof quests maybe)

What im saying is make proffessions interesting instead of forcing people to level them.

Why do you think you are forced to level a profession? You can be perfectly prepared to raid without any professions. These extra improvements which you gain having high lvl professions do not contribute as much at end game. Most of those which you need can be bought in AH.
Edited by Celdorá on 26/02/2012 05:02 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Proffessions are atm boring. If there werent +stat bonuses most people wouldnt bother. Remove the stat bonuses and make proffessions interesting.

If you could make WoW professions interesting without the stat bonuses, pretty much every company with an MMO would hire you. I'm just saying. Its easy to give advice, harder to implement...

Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
As long as they update current useless professions such as engineering and mining im happy.

But they wont ...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If you could make WoW professions interesting without the stat bonuses, pretty much every company with an MMO would hire you. I'm just saying. Its easy to give advice, harder to implement...

They are interesting in other MMOs, really nothing hard about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]