More than 10 action bars?

90 Night Elf Druid
Any mods out there that lets me use more than 10 action bars and allows me to use them like dominos or bartender?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What on Earth do you need more than 10 action bars for...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
3 middle bars for each form, 1 for prowl and a couple off the sides for pots etc. 12 should just about do it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
um, how about just having more buttons on your bars :D?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not sure if serious or trolling
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
28/02/2012 18:41Posted by Eridani
3 middle bars for each form, 1 for prowl and a couple off the sides for pots etc. 12 should just about do it.

that's only 5-6 bars needed

what's the dealio with 12?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You can do macros like this to emulate the action bar switching that happens when you change forms. Just replace the spells/remove them how you like.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1]Lacerate;[form:3,stealth]Ravage;[form:3]Shred;Wrath

Or

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1]Mangle(Bear Form);[form:3]Mangle(Cat Form);Moonfire

Form 1 is obviously bear form, form 3 cat, and so on... You just bind that and the spell on the button will change depending on what form you are in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Or macro your 2 stealth abilities to other buttons. That would save you an entire bar.

#showtooltip
/cancelform [nostance:3]
/cast [nostance] Cat Form; [stance:3, nostealth, nocombat] Prowl; [nostealth, combat] Mangle (Cat)(); [stealth] Pounce

Also ToL and Moonkin don't really need new bars for their spells (since they can cast those spells no matter of form), they can use the standard bar which doesn't change on shapeshift.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hm cool thanks guys, that will work even better than what I was planning.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is there a way to change the actual icons on the macro as well? For example I want my '1' key to be Lifebloom (with mouseover) in caster/travel and Mangle in Cat/Bear, however when I change to caster/travel form I'd rather be seeing the Lifebloom icon instead of the Mangle icon. This was one of the reasons why I was switching each bar and needed more than 10.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
there are 12 slots on each bar giving you 120 slots with 10 bars

how did you come up with 120 different skills, pots, etc to use?

do you have like 7 bars filled with mounts and pets ?

and what you want is not possible as far as I know
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have 3 middle bars which I want keybound to...

Q,E,R,F,G
Z,X,C,V,B

To each side there is a box 3x2 for different keybinds/mouse binds eg Mouse3,Mouse4,Mouse5. They won't change in any form.

Whenever I switch form, I want to keep the keybinds but change the abilities. I can do it as Tylara mentioned above however if I make a macro with Mangle/Mangle and Lifebloom it will be stuck with the Mangle icon even in caster form - the only way to change the icon (that I know of) is to page each bar seperately using Dominos or Bartender.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean - bars 1-3 will change to the hidden bars 7-10 depending on form - cat would be 7,8,9 and bear would be 10,11,12 but the 10 maximum means it's not really possible...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/eridani.jpg/
Edited by Eridani on 29/02/2012 17:48 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm not sure is this whole threat trolling. Anyway, if you could get 12 action bars, it adds 120 slots, how the heck you are gonna bind them all? If I mathed right, in at averaged keyboard should be enough bindings, if you put normal and ctrl/shift double-bindings on the every button on your keyboard. Does this make any sense?

Even I can't full more than 3 action bars
Edited by Örinä on 29/02/2012 22:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe read the last post? Seriously why the *** would I be trolling about action bars gg people grow the hell up. Also you're a DK you only need obliterate on all binds anyway?

Just to point out - I don't use shift and ctrl keybinds - why press 2 buttons when 1 will do?
Edited by Eridani on 01/03/2012 00:32 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
To get the icon to change accordingly just put

#showtooltip

in the start of your macro and DON'T chose an icon from the list (just the very first one with a questionmark) - it will then update the icon and tooltip depending on your shapeshiftform.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Have you considered that the dual bear/cat abilities can share the same bar and space?

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Stampeding Roar(bear form); [stance:3] Stampeding Roar(cat form)

and change stamp roar to charge, swipe, skull bash etc.

That should bring you down a bar. You can also have any "dual" ability on this floater bar; SI, berserk and the like since you don't need every bar unique for each form.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To get the icon to change accordingly just put

#showtooltip

in the start of your macro and DON'T chose an icon from the list (just the very first one with a questionmark) - it will then update the icon and tooltip depending on your shapeshiftform.

This works THANK YOU - gawd I've been trying to figure this out for ages (I also have a warrior who desperately needed this for stances). And thanks Tylara and Lefrena for your helpful posts.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I use bartender 4

set to switching the main action bar and a second bar between forms

2 additional bars either side permanent that hold mainly balance/healing and cc spells

1 bar below for gear builds/trinkets

If you have 10 bars on your screen all the time it gets bloody confusing
(thats what I used to do before I found bartender- makes it so much easy having that addon)
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Druid
The macro idea was what i am lookin for as a new druid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]