Enhancement tanking?

88 Dwarf Shaman
Me and my friend had an idea, enhancement tanking. Shamans already have threat increase, taunt and some armor increase. I thought it would be really awesome if Shamans could tank with 2 hander and keep dual wielding as DPS, then you could introduce 2 handers with tanking stats for enhament tanking and blood DKs. My idea would that they would use lots of stone and possibly wind spells because there aren't enough of those for shamans. Use special totems and maybe a new kind of elemental shield. There are too few tanks and this may encourage some people to start tanking. Anyway it's just a fun idea. Feel free to add anything you think would fit enhancement tanking.
Reply Quote
Oh look, it's THIS tread again.
Next time you have "original" idea, use the search button.

Also the answer you are looking for would be: No! There won't be Enha Tanks (at least in near future) in MoP there will already be 5 tanking classes so there is plenty to go around and Blizzard has stated that they aren't going to be altering any existing specs/classes besides Ferals split into DPS and Tank.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
There is thread in MoP forum called Earth Warden. But unfortunatelly as Skeebie said you won't get what is inside you. Maybe this eath energy will be released in some expansion.
Strength of the Earth, hear my call! Shield them in this dark hour, the last defenders of Azeroth! . How isn't The Earthen Ring everybody's favorite faction? <3
Edited by Dreffan on 04/03/2012 14:19 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Originally Enhancement Shams were ment to be tanks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i can say enhancement has some tanking skills has i went back to do 10man hc alakir and the dk tank failed on the tornados at 75% and i managed to tank it enough for a kill so we have the ability just need to way out gear the boss
Reply Quote
I would love to see more classes being able to tank so i fully support this idea. Rogue tank woudl be cool too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
An idea that has been thrown around a lot and tbh would fit perfectly just NOT into enhancement. No more hybrids in hybrids like the feral druid. If they add another spec (someone rightly worded it 'earthwarden') then i'm all for this great idea, would be easy to make as you say we already have most the mechanics needed for it all we'd need is a few new skills, maybe a bit of itemization tweaks and we are there.

Do i think it'll happen however? very doubtful. They are already introducing a new class in mists that is able to dps, heal AND tank. Im sure all of you are away of the mess the DK made at the start and needed endless tweaks to get to where it is today (still OP in some cases) so i highly doubt they will bring in a whole new spec to a class aswell. Hopefully some times in the near future though :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
08/03/2012 17:44Posted by Mealar
i can say enhancement has some tanking skills has i went back to do 10man hc alakir and the dk tank failed on the tornados at 75% and i managed to tank it enough for a kill so we have the ability just need to way out gear the boss

My point exactly, shaman can already tank in certain scenarios and a tanking spec would make an EXCELLENT addition to the class and would only require a few new skills, the perfect opportunity for a new spec.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuMtiT4F8 Shaman Tank back in ICC days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]