Mana burn

90 Human Paladin
Hi everyone, don't you agree when I say blizz should nerf priests mana burn to burn 10% of CURRENT mana, I mean how on earth are you going to be able to keep yourself/arena partner(s) up and get 10k+ mana burned every 3 sec? Blizz gave priests man burn because priests was running out of mana too fast, yeah rifht, 40k absorbs and renew every once In a while and maybe a flash heal, oh yeah also make that Desperate prayer or w/e its called impossible to crit with, its just like LoH, Ive seen priests go from 3k to full hp, and priests that are going to QQ here, plz !@#$ you got mas dispell, extreme absorbs, pain suppression, fear, shadowfiend, oh yeah I know this is coming from a retri pala with the strength to kill anyone In the couple of sec, but countering our cd's is easy and without cd's we are kinda crap tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also forgot to mention that since all of us got different network speed, I might just have ru LoS from the mana burning priest on my screen, but on his/her screen I might be a half yard from being Los, trust me, Ive seen this happend many times, but maybe its not the network speed but everyones wow characters aint at the smae place the exact same moment, and I understand that, that would have been impossible but LoS needs to get fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i think they could reduce it by 50% ye, or reduce how it is effected by haste. Cause atm priests get the cast time down to like 1.2 seconds in 2s when they haste spec and use PI.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Didnt know retri's cry about manaburn........you get mana back when you judge and desperate prayer cant crit, it restored 30% of maximum hp.
If priests couldnt burn for example paladins, it would be a 100% loss due to the fact that paladins dont need to cast to heal, shamans dont need more than 10k mana to keep themself and their team mates alive and druids just die so its no point to even burn them -.-

Shields doesnt absorb more than 25k - 30k, renew heals for 3k pr/sec and mass dispel is fine :)

Short version: mana burn is fine, cry about something else :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
talkinh about when I'm holy :P I mean, priests are so lame atm, they keep mana burning even though the healer is on 500 mana or less
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Y'know Mana burn should be removed not nerfed it has served its purpose!
But oh well on my rating they use more MC and Shadow spike-as discs.

But anyhow that spell should be removed priestes do not have mana issues anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well if desperate prayer cant crit, what on earth healed a priest from 3k-->156k while the priest was moving, naa druids are fine, get a good arena partner and just go ToL while ur partner nukes. yeah mass dispell Is okey, but mana burn Is so lame
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/03/2012 08:02Posted by Alepale
make that Desperate prayer or w/e its called impossible to crit with, its just like LoH, Ive seen priests go from 3k to full hp

it can't crit. ever.

on topic: pally crying about disc priests is beyond words.

L2P issue, nothing more.
Edited by Abbót on 09/03/2012 09:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
he is talking from a holy paladin perspective lol

anyways, the only place MB is an issue is 2s, and although i think they could fix it slightly it is one of the things that makes healer+dps vs healer+dps games go faster.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Holy priests can go almost from 0 to full HP in a global or 2, palas can do the same. Not a disc. Mana burn is going away in MoP so dont flame, even if its shame. Mana burn is dangerous but in current cc state of game and little to no gap makers priests have (being trained a lot), its ok, givving us a tool to make a bit more preasure to other neveroom classes...

09/03/2012 08:02Posted by Alepale
and priests that are going to QQ here, plz !@#$

no offence but you do QQ here, nothing constructive in your post.
Reply Quote
Mana burn is retarded and broken in 2s. But i don't see it being an issue in 3s.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/03/2012 09:33Posted by Ergphiphe
Mana burn is retarded and broken in 2s. But i don't see it being an issue in 3s.

This sums everything up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Tbh, priests are just fine...

Whenever ur facing a priest, u should know that your healer should be doing alot of LoS, or you should be doing alot of interrupting.

Whenever a priest decides to mana burn you, that means that:
- He either thinks it will be a long fight or a loss
- He has the time to actually pull it off
- U have NO pressure on him or his partner, which basically means...your not doing to good :3.

The absorbs are about 30k tbh, and yes i think its very high, though a priest is a clothy, they really need that absorb. Without, any class would consider a priest an easy target. Whenever i wanna kill a priest its simple:
- spellsteal the shield
- opener, and hes in trouble already (this is for any class)

Whenver your facing a priest, just make sure to Purge/dispell whatever the shield, once u do that...its going to be alot easyer fight and alot harder for the priest. The shield gives a debuff of about 14 seconds if im right, and a disc can remove 4 secs of the debuff by casting flash heal. Interrupt it, and youve got yourself alot closer to the kill.

And tbh, i dont think a pala should be able to kill a priest that easily (in lets say 1v1, in 2s its even easyer as you should have a partner assisting you).

Gl in future pvp, just remove the shields or pressure alot harder as i think, that seems to be the problem.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Sigh...

Mana burn is only useful in twos

Twos is unbalanced

Forget about it

TLDR lol 2s
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 08:56Posted by Alepale
talkinh about when I'm holy :P I mean, priests are so lame atm, they keep mana burning even though the healer is on 500 mana or less

If you know LoS as a pally you should not get burned at all due to the fact that you basically never have to stand and cast. Disc priests are pretty fine atm imo.

09/03/2012 09:01Posted by Alepale
Well if desperate prayer cant crit, what on earth healed a priest from 3k-->156k while the priest was moving, naa druids are fine, get a good arena partner and just go ToL while ur partner nukes. yeah mass dispell Is okey, but mana burn Is so lame

Nop,druids are not fine, ferals are a bit out of hand, and rdruids are really terrible, 1 good switch that would usually just force some cds from the other healers causes a druid to die while blowing pretty much all of their cds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can't remember the last time i went fully OOM due to another priest manaburning me.
Either i solve it by LoS or my body interrupts the enemy priest.

I don't really use manaburn myself much in 2's except if i want to stress the healer more.

It's a bad habit to use manaburn as a main strategy to win a game, as you will at some point encounter teams say..above 1500...who know how to avoid it.
Well there goes your strategy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Mana burn is fairly stupid in certain setups in 2s, such as feral/disc and mage/disc, where they can win by playing for pretty much burns only.

That being said, it's beyond me how anyone could whine about mana burn in the aspect of arena that actually matters: 3v3. If you get spam burned to death in 3v3, your team messed up.
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 10:45Posted by Kardana
It's a bad habit to use manaburn as a main strategy to win a game, as you will at some point encounter teams say..above 1500...who know how to avoid it.

Actually it's used in high rated 2v2. Discs team mate (usually feral, rogue or fmage) goes for the healer and keeps him stunned or otherwise incapasitated while disc spams manaburns. They don't go offensive at all before enemy healer is oom and they can easily win the game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/03/2012 10:28Posted by Morguez

If you know LoS as a pally you should not get burned at all due to the fact that you basically never have to stand and cast. Disc priests are pretty fine atm imo.

Wrong, we cast more then most healers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
[quote="34294815557"]

Wrong, we cast more then most healers.

Ha, you had me for a moment bro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]