Rationality

90 Night Elf Priest
Discuss.
Edited by Miracle on 29/02/2012 04:01 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Is the difference between pigeons and people? (atleast sometimes)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
29/02/2012 16:05Posted by Ttbank
Is the difference between pigeons and people? (atleast sometimes)

Perfect answer, but in relation to human-nature, what is the importance of being rational, or what troubles may occur if people are not rational?
Edited by Miracle on 01/03/2012 02:31 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
what is the importance of being rational? Technology
what troubles may occur if people are not rational? God
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Religion aside, as that is not a topic that can be discussed in these forums.

Being able to think rationally and make rational choices will most of the times be the best thing to do in any give situasion. It prevents you from making stupid decision filled with emotions, or doing meaningless tasks because somebody told you to.

Also, being able to choose what you want to do with good reasoning behind it gives life more meaning to me than if I just repeaded rituals without knowing why. An example of a ritual like this can be the daily ritual of brushing your teeth. I feel like not doing it, but I can think for myself and make a rational decision that its good for me to brush my teeth or they will look very bad.

Now brushing your teeth is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and everybody knows why you do it. But being able to be rational about what you fill your day with has its other uses. If you have a rational mind, you will have it easier picking out the tasks you should actually do as opposed to doing useless stuff because people tell you to.

It is not rational to blindly accept what others tell you to without thinking about wether or not its a good idea to do it. This happens all the time, with parents, teachers or at work, where the people with authority, boss, teacher etc might not always know what is the best thing to do. If you actually consider for a second what you are told to do, and rather than blindly accepting that you need to move all papers from one end of the room to the other, you can take it up to discussion with your boss and maybe find a better more efficient solution.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
@detectable
don't blame me, blame Miracle.
Faith is by definition the exact opposite of reason. If someone asks the question "what will happen if people choose to not reason" then the only answer anyone can possible give is faith, since that is the definition. By asking that question then he's already binging faith, god and religion into this topic.

It's like asking "what has 4 legs and a tail, barks and is commonly used as a pet?" in a forum that strictly forbids the mention of dogs. Would it be my fault for answering "dog" even though that is the only possible answer and therefore it is already determined by whoever asked the question?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I removed the comment that was once here.
Edited by Miracle on 04/03/2012 09:02 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
@Miracle
wtf have you been smoking? Your post makes absolutely no sense.
I am keeping faith alive? wtf? why would I even want to do that? And how am I helping the decaying economy or the destruction of nature? Honestly, what are you on? Where can I buy it?

Also, one of the dangers of being irrational is making posts like yours. This whole topic is rather stupid as the answer is plain common sense, but your last post is a truly remarkable feat in terms of nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You're judging my character not judging the text itself, and you haven't really built on or replied to any part of my comment. Typical unoriginal ad-hom from a small-minded and scared troll. I am firm in the belief that anyone and everyone can believe what they like; you do not have any power over another's mind - let us say, I believe that life is fiction and in my world dragons and other unreal subjects exist, but I keep this to myself, and ignore you or anyone who disagrees.. Am I wrong if you, or others like you, do not come in to say so?! Cause I'm quite sure that there are trolls, fairies, spagetti monsters and more on this planet, I am not going to let you trick me into thinking otherwise.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
No, I am judging both your character and the text itself, and I will quote.

04/03/2012 00:43Posted by Canoas
Your post makes absolutely no sense.

04/03/2012 00:43Posted by Canoas
This whole topic is rather stupid as the answer is plain common sense, but your last post is a truly remarkable feat in terms of nonsense.

2 simple quotes from my last post claiming your post, and your post alone, is nonsense.
And yes, I have replied. I already discussed the topic and answered the question you posed, I even gave examples. And you call it ad hominem? I call it the only thing any sane human can do after reading your post. It had no hint of veracity or logic. It was complete mambo jumbo that even accused me of destroying mother nature or ruining the economy by posting. I mean, my hands must be magical if I have that sort of power. Burning down forests and bringing down small businesses just by replying to a topic with no connection to economy or nature whatsoever. How can one reply to such comments without mindless insults? If you insult my intelligence I will insult your stupidity. It's that simple. Write a coherent logical argument and I will reply accordingly. However, if you write a text void of any logic then don't expect my reply to be anything else than "you're stupid" and be glad it's more than that.

Oh, and you're free to believe what you want, but I'm also free to judge you. If you say that life is fiction and you own a world with dragons then I will say you are completely insane and you should be going to a psychiatrist since it's very likely for you to have schizophrenia.
You have the power to write anything you want, but be prepared for replies because everyone else has that power as well.
Edited by Canoas on 04/03/2012 20:59 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]